Current Events Round two?

The F6 done or nah?

• Total voters
Oda wrote himself into a corner.
If they are defeated, then the fights are lackluster.
If they all get up again, then so should the calamities.

Akainu vs. Aokiji fight lasted 10 days.
Ace vs. Jinbe fight lasted 3 days.
Luffy "won" against Katakuri in 12 hours.
Kaido will get defeated and killed in less than 5 hours.
To be fair Kaido is fighting the entire alliance at this point instead of just one guy lol

I think we'll continue this path of defeats until Jack's, then we get the other minor fights like Raizo's and Peros' until Luffy comes back.

What i think could happen after is that once we're in the final stretch, with Luffy back fighting Kaido and Onigashima already above the capital, we could get a chapter where all the major beasts pirates are revealed to have awakening.
However, only Kaido, King and Queen would be able to fully control it.

All the F6 and Jack would turn into less sentient beings like the Impel Down guards and would need to be put down for good, without dedicating a full chapter to their fights, just the SH hopefully getting to show a new attack each.

Then we move on to the final 3 who can control their awakening fully plus Big Mom, though i don't think BM will go down this arc.

I absolutely hated how Ulti and Page One were resolved. WW and Sasaki were solid, decent fights (I don’t like the Shogun, but it’s like the RS, I can deal with it now it’s here). And I would personally have preferred for WW to be stronger and him and Jinbei to really have a proper fight, but I can take this as well, Jinbei comes out looking great either way.

As far as second tier subordinates go, they’ve done the job reasonably well. They aren’t the cream of the crop, that‘s the Calamities, so my expectations for them weren’t that high, Even Ulti and Page One, who had a terrible, terrible ending but were pretty good before that. I think they’ve been better villains than the non-Seats in Dressrosa, for comparisons sake, who really just had a good last-minute flashback for Senor and a great sniper moment for Usopp in their favour.

Does the Flying Six specifically getting back up really create more tension though, or does it just artificially prolong the arc?

The problem with this idea is that Oda has really failed to establish the Flying Six as this great force that can turn the tide. Because they’ve already been beaten. Them getting back up and being beaten again, I just… don’t find it interesting. If the fights had been more even-sided, more of a struggle, then maybe, but WW gets back up and I’m just thinking, damn, I don’t care, I’ve already seen Jinbei finish this dude. And neither Jinbei or Franky (by himself, no Shogun) so far are that damaged either. If the Flying Six get back up… why would we think they’ve got any chance, because they’ll still be heavily damaged from round one, while the heroes are pretty much fine.

It’s very, very hard to build excitement for a round two when the heroes won round one. Easy to do it if the heroes lost round one, I’d have been fully behind a scenario where Jinbei and Franky (and Robin and Brook, whatever happens with them) looked defeated due to the overwhelming numbers, then Tama’s order turned the tide and the heroes came back for a storming round two victory. But we didn’t get that. I don‘t think the Flying Six can deliver that moment of horror where they stand back up again, and we think “god, how can our heroes possibly overcome this force, look how much they struggled to defeat them and they keep coming back!” Because... the heroes just didn’t really struggle all that much.

I think there is certainly a twist coming where there’s a turnaround and things suddenly become desperate for the alliance. I just don’t see the Flying Six as being the ones to deliver that turnaround. Not with how they’ve been portrayed so far. They aren’t that big a threat. Kaido, Big Mom, the Calamities, CP-0, hell, even Orochi, if I was to bet on someone on the enemy side to do something to drastically turn the tide of battle, it would be one of them, not the Flying Six. The Flying Six are still “just” the best Headliners, after all, they aren’t the main threat here.
In WsW’s case, would you consider it bad writing if he’s not done yet, but has to fight Brook now?

In WsW’s case, would you consider it bad writing if he’s not done yet, but has to fight Brook now?
I’d consider it bad writing if Brook’s opponent was someone who had already had the tar beaten out of him in a two chapter fight with Jinbei that served to introduce what seems to be a vital plotthread in Jinbei’s story.

There’s really nothing to suggest that Brook would fight WW, that was based on WW having a sword. Instead we’ve seen that it’s a tiny little dagger that he throws away then fights Rokushiki style

I absolutely hated how Ulti and Page One were resolved. WW and Sasaki were solid, decent fights (I don’t like the Shogun, but it’s like the RS, I can deal with it now it’s here). And I would personally have preferred for WW to be stronger and him and Jinbei to really have a proper fight, but I can take this as well, Jinbei comes out looking great either way.

As far as second tier subordinates go, they’ve done the job reasonably well. They aren’t the cream of the crop, that‘s the Calamities, so my expectations for them weren’t that high, Even Ulti and Page One, who had a terrible, terrible ending but were pretty good before that. I think they’ve been better villains than the non-Seats in Dressrosa, for comparisons sake, who really just had a good last-minute flashback for Senor and a great sniper moment for Usopp in their favour.

Does the Flying Six specifically getting back up really create more tension though, or does it just artificially prolong the arc?

The problem with this idea is that Oda has really failed to establish the Flying Six as this great force that can turn the tide. Because they’ve already been beaten. Them getting back up and being beaten again, I just… don’t find it interesting. If the fights had been more even-sided, more of a struggle, then maybe, but WW gets back up and I’m just thinking, damn, I don’t care, I’ve already seen Jinbei finish this dude. And neither Jinbei or Franky (by himself, no Shogun) so far are that damaged either. If the Flying Six get back up… why would we think they’ve got any chance, because they’ll still be heavily damaged from round one, while the heroes are pretty much fine.

It’s very, very hard to build excitement for a round two when the heroes won round one. Easy to do it if the heroes lost round one, I’d have been fully behind a scenario where Jinbei and Franky (and Robin and Brook, whatever happens with them) looked defeated due to the overwhelming numbers, then Tama’s order turned the tide and the heroes came back for a storming round two victory. But we didn’t get that. I don‘t think the Flying Six can deliver that moment of horror where they stand back up again, and we think “god, how can our heroes possibly overcome this force, look how much they struggled to defeat them and they keep coming back!” Because... the heroes just didn’t really struggle all that much.

I think there is certainly a twist coming where there’s a turnaround and things suddenly become desperate for the alliance. I just don’t see the Flying Six as being the ones to deliver that turnaround. Not with how they’ve been portrayed so far. They aren’t that big a threat. Kaido, Big Mom, the Calamities, CP-0, hell, even Orochi, if I was to bet on someone on the enemy side to do something to drastically turn the tide of battle, it would be one of them, not the Flying Six. The Flying Six are still “just” the best Headliners, after all, they aren’t the main threat here.
I see where you’re coming from, we agree on the Flying Six and their portrayal. I do believe it would be The Beast pirates as a whole coming back, and the Flying Six as a part of that.
You’re right though, about it artificially prolonging the arc. But, I can see it having narrative relevance if in the second clash we see the Jinbe, Franky and Robin/Brook overcome the Flying Six through the use of a power up or new techniques. This would serve to show growth amongst the SHs, in terms of strength and in the larger scheme of the story as a force that can rival members of an Emperors elite fighting force. Through a second clash, with more at stake, and with more struggle, we can gauge the growth. Similar to the CP-9 fights back in Enies Lobby, as I’ve already seen comparisons made between the two arcs.
However this SH flex would be done at the expense of the Flying Six. Depending on how Oda handles it, we may even get another Señor Pink moment. As it stands I see much potential, as three members of CP-0 were sent to eliminate one former CP-9 agent in Who’s Who, and with the possibility of Sasaki being Kokoro’s son. Though it does stand as nothing but speculation on my part.

I’d consider it bad writing if Brook’s opponent was someone who had already had the tar beaten out of him in a two chapter fight with Jinbei that served to introduce what seems to be a vital plotthread in Jinbei’s story.

There’s really nothing to suggest that Brook would fight WW, that was based on WW having a sword. Instead we’ve seen that it’s a tiny little dagger that he throws away then fights Rokushiki style
I think that, in this scenario, the purpose of Jinbe vs WsW would have been to show the true gap between Vets and YCs. Remember that prior to Jinbe vs WsW, many fools were saying nonsense like “Sasaki and WsW are YC3!” Had Jinbe vs WsW not happened, some people would currently be saying nonsense like Franky = Jack because Franky beat Sasaki.

Jinbe and WsW didn’t actually have much of a personal history. WsW caught of glimpse of Jinbe once, and WsW was interested in Nika, who Jinbe doesn’t care about. Also, Brook never did get to fight a Rokushiki user, like the rest of the crew, so it could be seen as his “CP9” fight

I think that, in this scenario, the purpose of Jinbe vs WsW would have been to show the true gap between Vets and YCs. Remember that prior to Jinbe vs WsW, many fools were saying nonsense like “Sasaki and WsW are YC3!” Had Jinbe vs WsW not happened, some people would currently be saying nonsense like Franky = Jack because Franky beat Sasaki.

Jinbe and WsW didn’t actually have much of a personal history. WsW caught of glimpse of Jinbe once, and WsW was interested in Nika, who Jinbe doesn’t care about. Also, Brook never did get to fight a Rokushiki user, like the rest of the crew, so it could be seen as his “CP9” fight
Yeah or the fools shouting that Jinbe was likely an YC4 on the level of Page One or something.

That was the epitome of madness.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Ulti is probably the only one that got ultimately defeated (no pun intended there).:ultimoji:

I don't think Page One is down mostly because he got off-screened. WsW is not down either since his face is not revealed yet. Same for Sasaki. We haven't seen his backstory and stuff, plus, both Jinbei and Franky didn't pull the usual lines that ends the fights.
Brook will fight Page One.

Only Page One will get back up.

Page One killed his former crew.
That's my theory anyway.
Page One has a cold killer vibe :pagemoji:
How old do you think Page One is?
idk, probably like 50 something
Lol, Oda already confirmed in a SBS that he's 20.
Oh god he's younger than Sanji :jinbewat:
Lmao.:cantseeme::saden: