Speculations Ryokugyu is just a paramecia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very difficult to tell. I doubt it's a mythical Zoan tho:
For once his environmental manipulation effect is far too great and widespread and for the Nika fruit it's also just a thing because Luffy's body is rubbery, so he makes other things he touches rubbery aswell (on a very small scale) but he's not actively turning things into a latex like substance. Whereas Greenbull on the other hand is summoning whole forests wherever he goes.
Secondly it looks like his main ability is him turning into roots or plants, instead of transforming into an animal like- or humanoid being, that then has a certain special quirk.
Yamato is not turning into ice, she's just creating it. Even Marco is not really turning into phoenix flames, instead he's just making use of these flames that are given to him by his phoenix transformation.
Greenbull would have to be some kind of druid esque being that somehow can turn its body into roots or plants, which does not add, as that specific transformation quirk would rather be linked to a special paramecia or a logia, which also explains his incredible environmental manipulation technique.

I can't decide between those two tho, as both could be possible imo. You also couldn't tell the difference between Kuri and logias and in this case plants are even a natural phenomen.
A mythical zoan makes.plenty of sense especially since
1. Mythical zoan have their own unique abilities that can even be an amalgam if all three df classes
2. It's zoan centric arc
3 we got the sun god (nika) and there's still the gods of the forest (greenbull?) Rain and earth left

BTW

Paramecia
He's a Paramecia. It's literally confirmed in the Manga and there is no debate about this.

Paramecias can permanently change the user's body too - he's not an exception, these are just quite rare amongst Paramecia fruits
Wara Wara no Mi, Mochi Mochi no Mi, Kuri Kuri no Mi and you could technically say the Gomu Gomu no Mi (i guess?)
He's a special parmamecia.
He was a logia before Oda corrected it coz people told him logia are meannt to be natural elements

Find another Paramecia like katakuri who's logialike
Even trebol isn't like this

BTW

Paramecia

He's a special parmamecia.
He was a logia before Oda corrected it coz people told him logia are meannt to be natural elements

Find another Paramecia like katakuri who's logialike
Even trebol isn't like this
I literally listed other Paramecias that transform the user's body completely into another substance. I already did what you asked me to do before you asked for it. Learn to read please x

With much research ( 2 minutes in OP wikia)....I've come to the final conclusion of what Ryoukugyu's DF type likely is.

That is:- Paramecia/Special Paramecia

Hopefully its a Special Paramecia, since we need him to have that Logia intangibility. But yh his fruit cant be a Logia. If you guys look at Logia fruits, we can see that their fruits are highly specific....such a ice, magma, smoke, etc. There isnt any various different types

Tbh Ryoukugyu's DF is pretty special in how many different variety of things he can create. His DF twin however is a Paramecia....and that is Struesen.

With the cook cook no mi....Struesen can turn anything into food.

That amount of variety with his DF rivals GB's and his ability to create different types of plants. Only Paramecia's have shown this amount of different vast creations.

I'm still hoping he is a Mythical Zoan , the arguments for him being a Zoan are still the strongest for me .

If not Zoan , then Paramecia . I hope it's not a Logia , Logia is my favourite DF type but the Marines have had 3 Logia Admirals , 2 of whom are still in the Marines ( Akainu & Kizaru obviously ) . If Ryokugyu is a Logia then out of the 4 current FA + Admirals , there are 3 Logias and 1 Paramecia , too much/too dominant of Logias for me , although yeah something like this happened Pre-TS ( 1 Zoan + 3 Logias ) , it's still repetitive & boring to have it again .

Either way the arguments for Zoan are still so dominant i'm convinced Ryokugyu is a Mythical Zoan . Yes the scale of his ability to turn an area full of plants is unusual even for a Mythical , but we just saw Luffy turning the terrain into rubber so Ryokugyu's DF could be an unusual Mythical Zoan like Luffy's . Though yes Luffy did it on a much smaller scale than what Ryokugyu did to Udon .

Also Kaido's DF was unusual as well for a Mythical ; he had Fire/Flame , Wind , and with his Dragon Clouds he could lift the entire fuckin Onigashima .

Edit : Luffy could also grab Lightning in his Mythical form ( G5 )
Paramecia Admiral was introduced in the arc where Paramecia awakening was shown for the first time. The current arc is about awakened Zoans, so I guess Greenbull is Zoan, most likely mythical.
+ Punk Hazard = Awakened Logias ( Akainu & Aokiji )
Dressrosa = Awakened Paramecias ( Doflamingo , Fujitora )
Wano = Awakened Zoans ( Luffy , Ryokugyu )

Last edited:
The way Greenbull defeated King and Queen reminds me of the Jubokko, it would also fit with GB arriving after a great war has finished, and said yokai tree gets nourishment by absorbing people’s blood, so it would solve him not eating for a long time, and a nod to the blood knight nature he has shown thus far. Don’t remember any other supernatural tree in japanese folklore that would fit, so if it’s a zoan, I’d say it has to be that.
That, or perhaps a special paramecia with zoan properties.
Or maybe Oda will pull out of his ass some forest god he just made up, like he did with Luffy.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
My ultra ginormously glaring and flabbergasting boy GB shall unleash a level of potency that will shock the foundations of all yonkers who live in a bubble of bias and whose brains cannot process the right patterns

I imagine him having some type of paramecia fruit.Hashirama like powers are very Over Powered.
Post automatically merged:

I hope Oda actually explains the difference between Paramecia and Logia, and why Katakuri's Special Paramecia is more or less a Logia at times. Or, maybe I'm just being dumb, IDK
Logia are natural elements only i think.

Calling this shit back out in light of the 1054 spoilers.
Post automatically merged:

And all this dumbass shit
Maybe you should all actually start listening to what I have to say

Allegedly confirmed to be a Logia. Like i've been saying. Nice one guys.
we shall not make comments hinting on the information presented in the spoilers but ok

I would imagine we would get one of each type now. Logia for Kizaru, paracemia for fujitora, Zoan for green bull.

But might be my desperate need for pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.