General & Others Saddest flashback in OP

imo, the saddest is chopper's flashback, it just kinda hit me in the feelings continuously nonstop, from :
- hiluluk driving chopper away
- chopper's effort to find the mushroom
- founding out the mushroom was deadly poisonous
- hiluluk's relief to learn that he was being fooled and nobody was sick
- hiluluk's last words and death...

nami's and law's come in second and third imo

honorable mentions : robin's, brook's and senor pink's

whats yours?

Last edited:
Chopper for me for the same reasons you pointed out, the harsh consequences despite his innocent efforts to save Hiruluk was a bitter pill to swallow.

The relationship between Hiruluk and Chopper was so endearing and heartwarming throughout the flashback. I can only think of Law and Corazon which come close to sharing a great dynamic like Chopper and Hiruluk when talking about flashbacks specifically.

Brook and Law's flashback are tied at the second position. It is honestly difficult to put one over the other for me.

N

NeutralWatcher

right, he was def top there too... did it ever reveal how he first met moria and his shadow was taken?
I think after Brook lost his crews, Brook's ship drifted to Thriller Bark five years prior to the start of the series. Wanting to fix the rudder, he disembarked and explored the island. All he found, however, was the various creatures that inhabited there. He was then captured, saw how Gecko Moriah was able to create zombies and his shadow got stolen.

Chopper for me for the same reasons you pointed out, the harsh consequences despite his innocent efforts to save Hiruluk was a bitter pill to swallow.

The relationship between Hiruluk and Chopper was so endearing and heartwarming throughout the flashback. I can only think of Law and Corazon which come close to sharing a great dynamic like Chopper and Hiruluk when talking about flashbacks specifically.

Brook and Law's flashback are tied at the second position. It is honestly difficult to put one over the other for me.
all of them are super sad actually :( nami's flashback was sad but no offense, imo the climax was belle-mere being shot, and that was it, i still managed to hold back my tears, but chopper's man... it just hit you with all the sad moments nonstop continuously, and i remember that was the first time i actually couldn't hold it and cracked
Post automatically merged:

I think after Brook lost his crews, Brook's ship drifted to Thriller Bark five years prior to the start of the series. Wanting to fix the rudder, he disembarked and explored the island. All he found, however, was the various creatures that inhabited there. He was then captured, saw how Gecko Moriah was able to create zombies and his shadow got stolen.
so that was what happened... bink's sake is def my top op ost tho!

all of them are super sad actually :( nami's flashback was sad but no offense, imo the climax was belle-mere being shot, and that was it, i still managed to hold back my tears, but chopper's man... it just hit you with all the sad moments nonstop continuously, and i remember that was the first time i actually couldn't hold it and cracked

so that was what happened... bink's sake is def my top op ost tho!
Oh and I also forgot Drum Island has some of the best OSTs in the series in my opinion.

The saddest to me was Robins flashback, with Saul being killed by his friend Kuzan and Ohara being burned down.

Close following would be the flashbacks of Nami and Law. Those hit pretty deep as well
robin flashback was something bro, especially because it was followed by "I WANT TO LIVE"

I will go with Law's

He really underwent pure hell
yeah man, love corazon

Another sad flashback was also Senor Pink's, just like Doffy's as well
senor pink's flashback is oda's way to say "dont judge a book by its cover", its completely change how we look at senor pink after that... i'd go as far as saying in the term of impact, imo senor pink's flashback is no 1

doffy's flashback was brutal bro, really fitting for the character

Last edited: