Sakamoto Days, Chapter 153: What It Takes To Kill

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Nagumo should have gotten one serious fight before this, IMO.

Nagumo losing his first serious fight in the series just never felt possible, too much character build up.

Slightly surprised Slur didn't see this coming.

Lol, poor dude exploding accomplished nothing, RIP.
Their dialogue on the stairs felt to me like Slur picked something strange up from "Gaku"

And it's basically set in stone that he isn't dead from this Nagumo stab. So I think he'll pull some Shonen trickery - "I've trapped the blade with my muscles, you can't pull it out" or "I moved one milimeter to the left so you avoided all my vitals"

CoC: Color of Clowns

Be Excellent! Rock that Soul!
Their dialogue on the stairs felt to me like Slur picked something strange up from "Gaku"

And it's basically set in stone that he isn't dead from this Nagumo stab. So I think he'll pull some Shonen trickery - "I've trapped the blade with my muscles, you can't pull it out" or "I moved one milimeter to the left so you avoided all my vitals"
Yeah, Slur has to has something up his sleeve here. I like how things are going.

Nagumo should have gotten one serious fight before this, IMO.

Nagumo losing his first serious fight in the series just never felt possible, too much character build up.

Slightly surprised Slur didn't see this coming.

Lol, poor dude exploding accomplished nothing, RIP.
Talk about charcter build up, it really shows that he excels at his family's given talent with espionage.

Mf was soo good at copycating Gaku's speech patterns right down to his nonchalance that he picked up with just 1 frighin encounter and managed to fool Slur.

Like that "Idk whatever" is something you'd expect Gaku to say when questioned about something that requires explanations ..coz that's how he has been.

On top of that he fooled everyone even Skamoto and nearly Kashima with that bait if it wasn't for that scar Old samurai Geezer gave him

This is what's called build up execution no oun intended.

The author really demonstrated all the narrative build up around Nagumo in these chapters through his actions and demeanor alone.

Last edited:
I knew Suzuki wouldn't kill Nagumo off-screen. This chapter basically confirms Nagumo>Shishiba, too; Nagumo stans are eating.
Bruh didn't know that was a point of contention in the community

Him beating the previous no 2 of the JAA past his prime was expected, and he didn't come out unscathed from the altercation.

That fight to me hyped the prev JAA no 2 more actually than Shishiba himself m

Bruh didn't know that was a point of contention in the community

Him beating the previous no 2 of the JAA past his prime was expected, and he didn't come out unscathed from the altercation.

That fight to me hyped the prev JAA no 2 more actually than Shishiba himself m
Yeah, Nagumo vs Shishiba has been a hot topic, especially since that fight between them was teased.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Be Excellent! Rock that Soul!
Yes, Takamura!
He's a wild agent of chaos I guess, so he cannot be simply doing the JAA mission in a regular way.

The JAA boss is getting on my nerves though, I kinda root for Slur there, lmao
The more this goes on the more I get "morally gray character doing bad things for the right reasons" vibe from Slur.

I like The Order, but I feel like we haven't touched into the actual corruption in the JAA yet.

The more this goes on the more I get "morally gray character doing bad things for the right reasons" vibe from Slur.

I like The Order, but I feel like we haven't touched into the actual corruption in the JAA yet.
I think Asaki will end up being the main villain of the series. We need a villain that fans can unanimously hate on (for the right reasons)
Slur never really gave off such an energy