Current Events Sanji and the group will save Momo

Great post , really well structured

It might be him but I am not so sure.
I don't really think Nami will reach the performance floor now , because it will bring BM too and then Kaido and her would stomp the alliance anything less would be bad writing imo, I feel like Like he is purposely putting Luffy , Zoro, Kid , Killer , Marco ,Sanji Drake, Big Mom , Big Mom Pirates , WW , Sasaki, Ulti and Page 1 elsewhere , to let Oden's retainers + Law have theirs moments in front of Orochi, so Momo's Savior will probably be amongst them.

I'm not saying they need to have Sharingan level CoO or FS but if Sanji saves Momo by simply going for him while invisible it will be cheap as fuck.
Eh, I doubt they have CoO on 24/7
+ I doubt Sanji will grab Momo and run away, since the cuffs are probably sea stone. So he will probably have to protect Momo until Shinobu gets to Momo and rot away sea stone cuffs

Kin'emon where are you 🤔
Going around Onigashima to Kaido's castle

Out of all the characters on the alliance side, the two characters that are best equipped to save Momo are Sanji & Law. Realistically speaking at this point, it’s pretty damn near impossible to save Momo directly as said person(s) would have to go through Kaidou, the calamities & Fukurokuju first in order to so so & knowing Orochi, the moment shit hits the fan he isn’t gonna waste anytime ending Momo🤣. So yh the only way to save him would be to indirectly bypass those 5. Law can do this with his shambles ability using room and Sanji can go under the radar as stealth black to save Momo. Would be sick if he saves him & then vanishes into thin air with him after doing so:steef:.
Oda loves using Sanji for clutch saves, so I’m leaning more towards him saving Momo than Law.

Out of all the characters on the alliance side, the two characters that are best equipped to save Momo are Sanji & Law. Realistically speaking at this point, it’s pretty damn near impossible to save Momo directly as said person(s) would have to go through Kaidou, the calamities & Fukurokuju first in order to so so & knowing Orochi, the moment shit hits the fan he isn’t gonna waste anytime ending Momo🤣. So yh the only way to save him would be to indirectly bypass those 5. Law can do this with his shambles ability using room and Sanji can go under the radar as stealth black to save Momo. Would be sick if he saves him & then vanishes into thin air with him after doing so:steef:.
Oda loves using Sanji for clutch saves, so I’m leaning more towards him saving Momo than Law.
law is unlikely because you know he's on the other side of island

law is unlikely because you know he's on the other side of island
Isn’t Law with the scabbards atm tho? If so I can’t see a situation in which the scabbards don’t appear at Momo’s execution particularly since you have folks in the audience doubting the validity of Orochi’s claim that Momo travelled through time this chapter. In which case I think Law is a viable option.

Isn’t Law with the scabbards atm tho? If so I can’t see a situation in which the scabbards don’t appear at Momo’s execution particularly since you have folks in the audience doubting the validity of Orochi’s claim that Momo travelled through time this chapter. In which case I think Law is a viable option.
No, Law's group just now arrived at the back door of Kaido's castle (X), which basically means, they are the furthest group from Momo's execution

If Law somehow shows up at Momo's execution, then Oda would have wasted soo much time getting Law around the island for no reason, when he could have just went through the front door like Zolo and Luffy

No, Law's group just now arrived at the back door of Kaido's castle (X), which basically means, they are the furthest group from Momo's execution

If Law somehow shows up at Momo's execution, then Oda would have wasted soo much time getting Law around the island for no reason, when he could have just went through the front door like Zolo and Luffy
IIRC the point of the Raid was to pincer Kaidou & Orochi tho right? so the current state of tings works exactly how the alliance hoped it would, as now they have Law & the Scabbards attacking from the back & Luffy’s group attacking from the front, keeping Kaidou & Orochi pincered In the hall. Plus, Kaidou & them are not gonna think any attackers will come from behind them, so I don’t Law & the scabbards appearing at momo’s execution really changes anything. The logic is still there imo.

Plus, there’s still gonna be a bit of time till Momo actually gets executed as Kaidou Kaidou intends to spice tings up with an interest announcement/talk so that could potentially give the group attacking from behind enough time to get to the hall.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR CHAPTER 984

So Oda with all of this off screening and jumping around doesn't make it clear where characters are and how they got to that place. Not to mention we still haven't got a detailed map of Onigashima.
But from where the characters currently are, I think it won't make any sense if anyone from Luffy, Kid, Law, Marco, Zolo group saves Momo.
Let's start with:

Onigashima layout:

X- Kaido's Castle (goal)
Y- Performance floor
Z- Pleasure district

Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo starting location
Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo all started from performance floor (Y) location

Queen is also at performance hall (Y), running the show
Luffy later tells Kid that they should all head to the Kaido's castle (X)

Kaido, Orochi starting location
Kaido and Orochi starting location is Kaido's castle (X)
along with Momo, King, Jack, Black Maria, Kanjuro and Fukurokuju.

Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo current locations
So looks like they all successfully made it to Kaido's castle (X) while being off screen, but they split up.
Luffy fights P1 and Ulti inside the castle:

Zolo fighting gifters:
Kid with Killer:
But now we know that all of them made it to Kaido's castle (X)

Momonosuke's current location
We see Momo's execution will take place at performance floor (Y) and he's with Queen
This was the starting location of Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo and none of them know that Momo's execution is taking place at performance floor (Y)

Kaido, 3 Calamities, Orochi current location
In the latest chapter we see that Kaido, King, Jack, Orochi and Fukurokuju all made to the performance floor (Y), to Momo's execution and Queen's spot

Conclusion
Luffy and the group went from Performance floor ---> Kaido's castle
while
Kaido and the group went from Kaido's castle ---> Performance floor

Luffy's group doesn't know anything about execution nor it would make narrative sense for them to come back all this way.
So they can't be the one to save Momo.
I just have no idea what will they do inside the castle, the only powerful people there are: Maria, P1, Ulti, Kanjuro and maybe XDrake.

Who will save Momo?
We can see that Robin, Jinbei and Hyou group all made it to performance floor and are about to witness Momo's execution
Big Mom and Nami's group are also very close to performance floor
and Nami's group goal is to save Momo, so it's safe to say they also will play a role in Momo's rescue
And I think the key role in saving Momo will be- Sanji
Sanji's been mentioned a lot by Nami and how he disappeared. Oda is probably just setting up this as explanation why Sanji got there first.

Sanji is also best person in the alliance equipped to deal with this:
Execution site is very high up- Sanji has flight
Kaido and 3 calamities will probably be near Momo- Sanji has invisibility
Momo will be an open target after saving- Sanji has a cape as the protection

That's it.
Even with all the abilities Sanji has, it doesnt make sense. If Kaido and his commanders are there Nobody should be able to save momonuske logically. But besides Luffy none of the strawhats have really done anything since they entered onigashima so....its just a matter of time before one of them pops off.
Post automatically merged:

Such a sad fanbase. Sanji saving momo holds no weight. Sanji has had 0 Interactions with Momo plus he doesn’t care about Momo or kids of any kind. He literally hates Momo. So why would he save him? keep dreaming the reality will soon kick in. Ur boi is useless he won’t get that kind of shine. What’s he going to do kaido and his squad are there. Sanji would die a meaningless death. If that’s what you want. I’m all for it
Exactly it makes no sense at all, sanji doesnt know momonuske really.....For Sanjis role in this war, we know at the bare minimum he'll have a fight with one of the tobi roppo. A tobi roppo fight is guaranteed for Sanji ,but beyond that? We just have to see......

Last edited:
I think the one who will save Momo is likely someone whose intervention won't be expected because his current intentions and whereabouts are unknown. That's usually how shonen mangas work, it's a matter of dramatic effect. Mangakas want to surprise people to make these kind of scenes more impactful. Law just arrived, we know he's on his way to the castle and he can use Shambles so it wouldn't be surprising if he or someone from his group saved Momo. Sanji, Franky and Brook disappeared and we have no idea what they're planning to do so I think they're more likely to save Momo (especially Sanji for obvious reasons).

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I think the one who will save Momo is likely someone whose intervention won't be expected because his current intentions and whereabouts are unknown. That's usually how shonen mangas work, it's a matter of dramatic effect. Mangakas want to surprise people to make these kind of scenes more impactful. Law just arrived, we know he's on his way to the castle and he can use Shambles so it wouldn't be surprising if he or someone from his group saved Momo. Sanji, Franky and Brook disappeared and we have no idea what they're planning to do so I think they're more likely to save Momo (especially Sanji for obvious reasons).
Scopper:finally: