Character Discussion Sanji Is the number 3 of the Strawhats.

I like your take on This & it's something we've known for a long time & it won't change regardless who joins I see people have yamato above zoro & sanji because she stall a weaken kaido I mean even long before she saw it, it was obvious kaido was weaken she took so many damage on damage way before she fought him by that time he was already weaken, which is funny because I'm sure calamities would have do e a better against a already weaken kaido but yeah I've always had sanji aS number 3 but sanji & zolo was always da same I term of power, only luffy a bit ahead but they still wasn't to far, that's just how I saw things

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Was this in debate? The guy literally has number 3 in his name. The question is how much of a gap is there between 1, 2, and 3. Unfortunately, Sanji just been getting the short end of the stick in terms of feats and portrayal post-TS that its hard to have him as anything more than a distant third right now imo.

This Queen fight gave him a power-up but unfortunately Queen just seems to be the least threatening / combat capable of the top 3 in the Beast Pirates. Hoping he has more to show
Sanji is doing fine. He's least struggled among the Monster Trio. And his fighting records are never always extreme diff so be expect Sanji to win against Queen while still being able to fight a bit longer after the war.

Sanji is doing fine. He's least struggled among the Monster Trio. And his fighting records are never always extreme diff so be expect Sanji to win against Queen while still being able to fight a bit longer after the war.
I don’t mean to say Sanji is struggling right now. I meant that he haven’t really had a definitive win since basically fishman island until now.

On the topic of Queen, I just have difficulty buying into his supposed threat level. Partially due to his personality and partially because he haven’t exactly been shown to be a dominating 1v1 force on screen. All hes done so far in the fight against Sanji is spam some laser beams that haven’t hit and acting like a punching bag. That would be fine if Sanji himself had prior feats that makes tanking all these hits from Sanji to be viewed as super impressive.

The difference between him and King is that King is shown to have the upperhand against Zoro, who has feats himself, so that King dominating Zoro more impactful.

To give a very hyperbolic example, if people are told that two boxers are of similar caliber, but Boxer A gives a difficult fight to prime Mike Tyson and Boxer B get slapped around by a rookie boxer. I think most peoples perception is going to be that Boxer B’s reputation is overblown rather than the rookie is a better boxer than Mike Tyson.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
I don’t mean to say Sanji is struggling right now. I meant that he haven’t really had a definitive win since basically fishman island until now.
Most of his timeskip fights are either a one shots (Sheepshead, Raisin, Oven), interrupted (Vergo, Doflamingo, Daifuku), off-screened (Page One, Yonji) or lose by tricks (Judge, Vinsmoke siblings). But yeah, Sanji needs an on-screen actual satisfied victory.
On the topic of Queen, I just have difficulty buying into his supposed threat level. Partially due to his personality and partially because he haven’t exactly been shown to be a dominating 1v1 force on screen. All hes done so far in the fight against Sanji is spam some laser beams that haven’t hit and acting like a punching bag. That would be fine if Sanji himself had prior feats that makes tanking all these hits from Sanji to be viewed as super impressive.
I think Queen live up to his hype. Very tanky and dangerous because of his poison and weapons. But yeah, I hate the fact that Queen is just spamming laser left and right.
The difference between him and King is that King is shown to have the upperhand against Zoro, who has feats himself, so that King dominating Zoro more impactful.
True that.
To give a very hyperbolic example, if people are told that two boxers are of similar caliber, but Boxer A gives a difficult fight to prime Mike Tyson and Boxer B get slapped around by a rookie boxer. I think most peoples perception is going to be that Boxer B’s reputation is overblown rather than the rookie is a better boxer than Mike Tyson.
Glad you brought up boxing reference here :) But yeah, I get what you mean.

Luffy, Zoro and Nami are the top three of SHs.
Initially it was the same too and I liked it. For example in alabasta too it was those three who were involved in important conversation with Vivi.

But now its just typical shounen BS...and people add numbers based on strength...even Oda does that now.

Most of his timeskip fights are either a one shots (Sheepshead, Raisin, Oven), interrupted (Vergo, Doflamingo, Daifuku), off-screened (Page One, Yonji) or lose by tricks (Judge, Vinsmoke siblings). But yeah, Sanji needs an on-screen actual satisfied victory.
Right, Oda leaned a little hard into using Sanji as a hype tool for major villains (Vergo, Doflamingo) without offsetting them with wins. Luffy didn’t need to hog all of the Sweet Commanders fights in WCI. Or they could have kept Snack in instead of using him as an offscreen hype for Urouge.

I think Queen live up to his hype. Very tanky and dangerous because of his poison and weapons. But yeah, I hate the fact that Queen is just spamming laser left and right.

True that.

Glad you brought up boxing reference here :) But yeah, I get what you mean.
Yes, I think it’s mainly the fight choreography’s been lacking. Maybe that will be remedied when the focus is shifted back to that fight again. Granted, it’s not just a Queen issue. Big Moms in the same boat where she’s basically acting like a punching bag the entire ime and just mainly riding on the Yonkou hype for now imo.

As we know from the OP Instagram Zoro Is considered the no.2 of the strawhats, which Is something we knew, but I saw people still talking about captain and number 2 without considering number 3, which Is Sanji.
Number 2 and Number 3 are also portrayed similar and considered both two problems of the same level by Queen.
Queen knew about Luffy but never talked about "talking out Number 1 and Number 2" so he compared Zoro to Number 3, which Is Sanji, the calamity doesn't consider captain and Number 2 as threat of the same level.

It's Always best to take out Number 2 and Number 3 quickly, since they're both troublesome in the same way.
In fact I'd say poor King and Queen who are dealing with Number 2 and 3 of the strawhats, the WINGS OF THE PIRATE KING.

So portray Is clear.
Captain >> Number 2 > Number 3 >> the others of the crew.
:kayneshrug:
Nope