General & Others Sanji Vs Queen Which Ending do you prefer? Anime or Manga?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
Manga made sanji look stronger with how far he sent queen and his blast radius with ifrit

Also I didn't like queen eating 20 ifrit attacks with a laugh and no marks on him. The manga showed ifrit as destroying him. I didn't like that queen was reacting to ifrits speed either. Unlike the manga.

I liked how we actually saw Queen fly, break through walls and bounce around after the kick in the anime, plus the scenes of Sanji with Zeff and the SHs added a lot of emotional impact to the scene. Music is peak as always too of course

But that last barrage of attacks plus the actual pose of the Boeuf Burst kick was basically removed. Queen flying out of Onigashima also looked far weaker in the anime.

It's kind of a similar problem to Luffy's King Kong Gun in Dressrosa, where adding a power struggle takes away from how powerful the attack is supposed to feel.

Power scaling junkies? Sorry I prefer odas work over toeis abomination.

Do you purposefully praise changes to the canon? During a characters peak moments?

Idk I just like odas vision more than toeis alternate storyline. The animation was pretty tho
About staying true to the manga, people only complain about things they don't like, like power portrayal. Were you against Sanji fighting both King and Queen in the anime, that was only loosely implied in the manga. Can't have it both ways.

Anime ending >>>

Whereas Manga used Queen as a stand in for the Germa siblings, the anime made him a stand in for judge which lead to a much better finality to sanjis Wci storyline.

And I think the way the anime portrayed it did a great job of highlighting both of these awesome characters and told a phenomenal story about Sanji fully breaking free from Germa.

Power scaling junkies? Sorry I prefer odas work over toeis abomination.

Do you purposefully praise changes to the canon? During a characters peak moments?

Idk I just like odas vision more than toeis alternate storyline. The animation was pretty tho
It's fine to have a different opinion. That's why we have two sources to compare for a reason (anime and manga).

The anime and manga has the same outcome, just different execution.

About staying true to the manga, people only complain about things they don't like, like power portrayal. Were you against Sanji fighting both King and Queen in the anime, that was only loosely implied in the manga. Can't have it both ways.
There's a difference between adding filler and changing the most important parts of the chapter and portraying a character many times weaker than he really is.

Also oda specifically had sanji fight for an undetermined ammount of time to imply that he had a brief battle with king and queen. The anime simply filled in that hole.

In the latest episode they changed the entire portrayal of sanji, ruined parralels, and undermined odas conclusion with the germa, and sanjis acceptance with hell memories, and then ifrit, after breaking the raid suit.
Post automatically merged:

It's fine to have a different opinion. That's why we have two sources to compare for a reason (anime and manga).

The anime and manga has the same outcome, just different execution.
Different outcomes. That's my issue

The manga did a better job of showing just how much powerful Ifrit is compared to the usual
Before Sanji turned on Ifrit, Queen was laughing, shit talking, and basically tanking everything Sanji could throw at him despite not being able to tag him
When Sanji turned on Ifrit, Queen got pieced up in a few attacks he couldnt even react to, and was sent FLYING (the anime made it seem he just barely flew out of onigashima from gravity alone)
Post automatically merged:

And like someone said here, the big ass explosion from boeuf burst looks alot more devastating in the manga, like the finisher Sanji needed
In the anime its just another anti-climatic attack in a combo