Character Discussion Sanji will not get CoC/ACoC here is why

Will Sanji get CoC?

• Total voters
Unlike Zoro and Luffy who got foreshadowings of having CoC throughout the series Sanji didn't had any foreshadowing moment ever which would have let us suspect that he indeed has conquerors Haki. Not only that but his ambitions aren't that high in comparison to Luffy or Zoro.

In fact we saw Sanji a lot of times getting his will broken. Basically his own Arc is proof of that or when he fought queen and queen told him that he might have turned into the monsters of his siblings. So it is very unlikely for Sanji to get CoC at this point. He doesn't have the ambitions, nor the iron strong will to what it takes to be a conqueror.

Some might say Sanji is the Wing of Luffy just like Zoro and zoro got CoC so Sanji will have it too. Hate it to break the delusions but the metaphor wings was never meant to power scale. It is being used to clarify the importance towards luffy achieving his dream. It doesn't equalize them power wise though.

Some will say ''but.. but yamatoe also got CoC but she has no ambitions of a king'' thats right, but she's got an iron strong will by kinda copying Oden. Plus her daddy has CoC, so she just inherited it.

I really wish CoC for Sanji, just for the fans because the last chapter kinda broke some sanji fans and I feel bad for them. :josad:

But don't expect too much from Sanji, otherwise you'll get extremely disappointed!

Hate it to break the delusions but the metaphor wings was never meant to power scale. It is being used to clarify the importance towards luffy achieving his dream.
You have some points but you're wrong here, the "wings" thing is completely about powerscale, cuz there's no way a cook is more "important" than a navigator as example for Luffy's dream, and we know that there's no strawhat more important than other for luffy.

This parallels the captain trio

Luffy and kid have CoC, law doesn’t. What do law and Sanji have in common? Unlike zoro and kid, they don’t have kingly ambitions.

but it’s fine because like law, sanji has his own unique and powerful abilities. CoC isn’t the end all be all of powers and while it is the strongest ability by portrayal, there are many similarly overpowered abilities that can rival it.

You have some points but you're wrong here, the "wings" thing is completely about powerscale, cuz there's no way a cook is more "important" than a navigator as example for Luffy's dream, and we know that there's no strawhat more important than other for luffy.
No, the way you're explaining it is just headcannon. Show me in the manga where it was stated that this metaphor is meant to power scale and not because of the importance towards luffy. If you can I will take my L.

No, the way you're explaining it is just headcannon. Show me in the manga where it was stated that this metaphor is meant to power scale and not because of the importance towards luffy. If you can I will take my L.
You can't proof that is about only "importance" either, all we have is more than 1000 chapters showing that there's no such thing like one SH more important than other, even if so, makes absolutely no sense Sanji being more importante than others.

You think Sanji is more important than others for Luffy for what?

I doubt Brook is as important as say Nami to Luffy.
Whatever, this will never be stated in the manga

You can't proof that is about only "importance" either, all we have is more than 1000 chapters showing that there's no such thing like one SH more important than other, even if so, makes absolutely no sense Sanji being more importante than others.

Whatever, this will never be stated in the manga
When Robin made the metaphor she clearly meant him being very important towards luffy. She wasn't saying that he is as strong as zoro. Thats the proof you need. ^^

Unlike Zoro and Luffy who got foreshadowings of having CoC throughout the series Sanji didn't had any foreshadowing moment ever which would have let us suspect that he indeed has conquerors Haki. Not only that but his ambitions aren't that high in comparison to Luffy or Zoro.

In fact we saw Sanji a lot of times getting his will broken. Basically his own Arc is proof of that or when he fought queen and queen told him that he might have turned into the monsters of his siblings. So it is very unlikely for Sanji to get CoC at this point. He doesn't have the ambitions, nor the iron strong will to what it takes to be a conqueror.

Some might say Sanji is the Wing of Luffy just like Zoro and zoro got CoC so Sanji will have it too. Hate it to break the delusions but the metaphor wings was never meant to power scale. It is being used to clarify the importance towards luffy achieving his dream. It doesn't equalize them power wise though.

Some will say ''but.. but yamatoe also got CoC but she has no ambitions of a king'' thats right, but she's got an iron strong will by kinda copying Oden. Plus her daddy has CoC, so she just inherited it.

I really wish CoC for Sanji, just for the fans because the last chapter kinda broke some sanji fans and I feel bad for them. :josad:

But don't expect too much from Sanji, otherwise you'll get extremely disappointed!
I don't think Cook's a conqueror, but he does not need to be one to begin with.

Zoro fans opinions about sanji. Get ce me more

*popcorn*
Bro I really wish for you that Sanji gets CoC but I am just being realistic here. :josad:
Post automatically merged:

In terms of combat yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean the metaphor means power scaling.

Last edited:
Bro I really wish for you that Sanji gets CoC but I am just being realistic here. :josad:
Post automatically merged:

In terms of combat yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean the metaphor means power scaling.
Dude, i know Zoro is stronger (he has the obligation to be) the problem is that y'all try to put him on another tier when he belongs to same tier as Sanji, we can argue about CoC but this Wings shit is already case closed, everyone knows what it means.

He might get it but he doesn’t really need it

1033 showed us that pretty much all of the swordsmen at the peak currently have CoC so to match and surpass them Zoro needs it too and you can make the same argument for Luffy

Sanji needs to be strong but he doesn’t need CoC to match those that Luffy needs him to defeat

He already has the exoskeleton (something no one else can get normally), flames that get stronger as he strengthens his CoA, and crazy speed

He’ll be fine without it

:sanmoji:

Last edited:
I believe this is flawed reasoning..

I'm just gonna refute one point of your and state the rest of em in a thread I'm being propelled to make.

Oda literally showcased Luffy and zoro's dreams , their determination and tenacity to bring up All blue for sanji... he wasn't making a comparison by universal prominence or worth in the eyes of the world to his dream, he made an intuitive self-reflective comparison he did that to to make a point that ambitions no matter what they might be meager or grandiose, mean less if you don't back them up with fortitude and irrepressible tenaciousness...

since a similar case WB wanted family as a pirate.. and with enough effort he was able to accomplish it as well.. yet he was Coc with that drean

sso this ambition point can't get any more redundant the way yall put it no offense

It’s very likely Sanji will awaken CoC. His character development from the previous arc has been a main storyline of the past dozen chapters.

As for dreams/ambition/willpower: already been shown he has that.

1. Sanji is regularly a leader in every group he’s been in.
- #2 of the Fighting Chefs of the Baratie
- #3 of the Straw Hat Pirates
- Strongest Martial Artist from Pink Island
- Commanded the Flying Fish Riders in Sabaody
- Commanded G8 in Punk Hazard

2. Sanjis willpower is one of the strongest of the straw hats:
- Baratie he was willing to die for Zeff. Because Zeffs life and Dream was that important to him
- In Skypeia he gave Enel the most trouble other than Luffy by wrecking his Arc and then saving Nami and Usopp, attempting to sacrifice himself without hesitation
- Even in WCI he was willing to face down an emperor and willingly walk into a trap that’s supposed to lead to his death to protect others he didn’t even like.

3. Oda hinted at the four CoC members of the straw hat pirates when he introduced CoC.

In the chapte when Rayleigh used CoC in the auction hall in chapter 503 Oda focused on four main straw hats:

Luffy in the double page -> Zoro -> Sanji -> Usopp

This is also the same group of Straw hats that actively attacked celestial dragons in the same arc.

4. Sanjis current portrayal:

Oda doubled down on the Monster trio recently and updated them to being the wings of the pirate king. In essence Sanji is one of the leaders of the Straw hat pirates the crew of the future king of the pirates. Of course he’ll have CoC. Luffys crew is going to be the best crew of all time surpassing the Rogers and Rox pirates before them. Rox having at least 4 CoC users and Roger having at least 3. Luffy will have at least 4 CoC users.