Powers & Abilities Sanji's fire power is not Judge's science but thanks to his mother.

Sanji has fire powers but it seems that he got this fire power because of his emotions and passions , he became more emotional than other people because his mother took a medicine that reverse Judge's scientific powers.
Judge gave his sons basically 3 powers : emotionless heart, tough body or exoskeleton and another ability as well.
Ichiji got his sparking red , which enables him to fire laser beams.
Niji got his electric blue, which enables him to use elctro charges
Sanji got his stealth black, which enables him to become invisible
Yonji got his wench green , which enables him to use some cyborgs powers.

Some might think the fire power was given to him thanks to science of his father but that is not the case , evidence there is enough first of all him saying that passion is the source of his fire power and secondly the fact that Queen studied Judge's science but he never knews about this power , but about all other powers , and he though Sanji is a cyborg with a machine that produce fire. and not to forget Judge never commented on Sanji's fire powers or said something like oh you awaken your power and someone like Judge would for sure would like to tell Sanji , that he has given him that power.

Well Sanji didn't develop any of this powers because his mother drank that medicine that was there to reverse Judge's power or more precisely her intention was to prevent her kid from becoming emotionless.
but affected by that medicine was only Sanji, but he was affected more than intended he became more emotional than normal people. so he is more passionate as well , and thanks to that he got his fire powers as well.

it is still possible that Sanji might acquire his invisibility power since the medicine only deactivated it like his exoskeleton and it was not meant to prevent that ability.

Thats what i always had in mind

Theres no way Sora and Sanji are Lunarians

They have no wings and both have white skin, the manga was very clear stating that Lunarians have brown skin, white hair and black wings

Sanji casually increasing the energy of his flames by making his leg tougher is also exclusive to Sanji himself

Last edited:
Thats what i always had in mind

Theres no way Sora and Sanji are Lunarians

They have no wings and they are all white people, the manga was very clear stating that Lunarians have brown skin
i agree on that it is just a scinece power that is the opposite to Judge's heart of ice power.
you could say Sanji has heart of fire and he even can produce that power physically

Let's start from what we know.
1) His fire powers are not from Judge's science.
2) His mother took a drug of unknown origins.
3) Sanji can generate fire and doesn't get burnt by it without having eaten the Mera Mera.
4) A scientist, Queen, specifically said Sanji was using some kind of technology to produce that fire since he wasn't a lunarian. Those two were the only options for Queen.
5) King used something very similar to DJ.

These have a direct implications: the drug Sora took is the origin of those fire powers.
Has the drug anything to do with lunarians? I would say yes. King was imprisoned and tested in PH so Sora, Vegapunk or Judge might have been in possession of his lineage factor 20+ years ago.
But we are forgetting something even more important.

When has Sanji started developing his exoskeleton? He said he started feeling weird after he wore the RS for the third time but it doesn't make any sense. Why was the third time different from the first two?
Exactly, he clashed with King :myman:
It was the first time Sanji encountered a lunarian:steef:

3) Sanji can generate fire and doesn't get burnt by it without having eaten the Mera Mera.
4) A scientist, Queen, specifically said Sanji was using some kind of technology to produce that fire since he wasn't a lunarian. Those two were the only options for Queen.

These have a direct implications: the drug Sora took is the origin of those fire powers.
Has the drug anything to do with lunarians? I would say yes. King was imprisoned and tested in PH so Sora, Vegapunk or Judge might have been in possession of his lineage factor 20+ years ago.

When has Sanji started developing his exoskeleton? He said he started feeling weird after he wore the RS for the third time but it doesn't make any sense. Why was the third time different from the first two?

he said after second time , he used it for the second time in bath. so it is not because of King

My headcanon is that the drug Sora took not only prevented the germa transformation but caused some sort of genetic mutation changing Sanji's invisibility power to fire, and instead of removing his emotion it became linked to it. Unlike his siblings who's powers are at a set rate, he's able to increase his because it's linked to his passion. I think in enies lobby he was able to uncover his latent potential by spinning to "spark the lighter" that is his leg and over time the ability became more and more natural to him.

Of course this is just me filling in the gaps because Oda decides to leave everything ambiguous, and I have my own headcanon for Asura as well.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!

Wow, great analysis. It looks like Oda really is setting Sanji up to have a connection to the Lunarians.

Overall, I love the idea of Sanji's strength coming from Sora, not Judge.

I agree, he made pretty clear his flames are linked to his passion and Stealth Black seemed to be his intended ability so I imagine he would gain powers related to that if his enhanced genes resulted in his abilities showing.

Judge made no comments indicating Diable Jambe was Sanji benefitting from Germa enhancements, in fact his family continued treating him like he was trash and didn't seem to care for it. Sanji gaining his abilities (potentially) from his mom's sacrifice would be pretty fitting as it would contrast his most notable power-up with his new Germa enhancements leaving Ifrit Jambe as the culmination of them. We'll see soon enough I think, Germa doesn't seem to be out of the story completely so maybe Oda will continue exploring stuff like Sanji's Diable Jambe.