Character Discussion Sanji's Immense Will

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
You don’t answer my dear : does the will of D his meaning and the story of the D is a bigger goal than being the WSS ?

you and I know the answer. And it’s quite mature for you to acknowledge it.

lol talking about exotic fish when no one ever discovered it. And while adventure and discovery is one of the biggest theme in one piece : Roger was extremely proud to be the first one who managed to go to Lode Star and he wanted more than anything to discover Laugh tale, he was even called PK for it.

Imagine calling the discovery of one of the most legendary places in one piece : exotic fish haha.
Lol 2.0 : so Roger didn’t discover Laugh Tale it was his whole crew. What a loser !!!! Roger thé fraud !

it is Sanji who bears that dream and will likely play a good part discovering it.

Yeah being WSS is extremely hard and Zoro will be a legend.
Will Of D / Finding Raftel + Ancient History / WSS are all high caliber dreams.

Canonically Finding Raftel > surpasses that of WSS. So yes Laws dream is better but WSS is harder to attain for Law.

Roger was a fraud. He was on his last leg. Sick all the time. And bent over to Whitebeard and Oden.

That face is literally used anytime a character has to block an Attack that could be painful if not blocked, that's not fear that's physical exertion
See panels prior, he sees Sanji in his glasses and frets (he does not so this with Luffy). It’s a pain to take that attack so he stresses about putting up a haki barrier (that again he didn’t use on Luffy, only mere hardening).

This is a war a lot of things can turn bad. When the SH went from dangerous situations to dangerous situations and everyone took on opponent it didn’t make anyone bad.

And in Onigashima there are a lot of strong opponents almost everyone have to take his share of violence and danger. The crew and everyone knows it. Robin is a grown person nobody forced her to be here to take risks with the crew and to fight.

Sanji is just in a situation where he cannot do something and trust a nakama who can do something about it. To each strength and weakness.

Sanji is not without any flaws does that mean calling Robin was a weak willed move ? I don’t think so.

Do I liked the Black Maria whole moment ? Not a lot . But it didn’t make Sanji character looked that bad except the dragged chase thing which was a bit bullshit (Sanji could have escaped with RS sky walk etc)

If Sanji hadn’t that quirk he would have stomped Maria and his crew and then he would have moved on. But Sanji character is like that.
I agree with your point to a certain degree but the fact robin has to be put in danger, which could lead to capture or torture, just so Sanji doesn't have to hurt a woman irks me a bit. Just seems a little contradictory. If you feel like having the last say then feel free, but I'm done here. It's not a matter of will, it just doesn't sit well with me considering

Last edited:

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
The SH's were not trying to engage with Law though, the opposite. They were running away trying to avoid pointless fights with the kids around, and they were not aware of how big Law's range is.

The ability was not used at all post PH though, even though there's been fodder characters in the following arcs as well. Oda simply ignored it, so there's not a pattern of it being used only against weak characters, and there's not a single example of Law claiming that it's more difficult for this particular ability to work against a strong character than any of his other abilities.

As far as we know, if you are inside the Room, his abilities either work on you if you're relative to him strength wise or weaker, or they don't if you are significantly stronger.

Losing a fight against Law doesn't disqualify Smoker from being a CoC user. Smoker has all the traits necessary, and he's one of the most driven persons among the marines. This is the guy who got paralels with Garp in the way he refused promotions and chased after the future Pirate King, and constantly gave the middle finger to his superiors.

Heck, i'd find it more likely for Smoker to be a CoC user than someone like Kizaru for example.
To this point I haven’t seen a CoC lose to a non Conquerer. Oda even had Blackbeard kill Whitebeard and not same nameless Marines nor admirals. Even child Ace defeated Porchemy, an actual grown pirate.

Smoker would not be this mistreated by Oda if he was a CoC bearer. Kaido and Big Mom dont know about Laws tricks, why doesn’t he use it on them? Because he can’t. Why didn’t Law switch souls between Hawkins and some fodder? Bc he couldn’t, Hawkins has stronger Haki. He was able to do it to Sanji bc he doesn’t have strong Armament or strong Haki in General.

To this point I haven’t seen a CoC lose to a non Conquerer. Oda even had Blackbeard kill Whitebeard and not same nameless Marines nor admirals. Even child Ace defeated Porchemy, an actual grown pirate.

Smoker would not be this mistreated by Oda if he was a CoC bearer. Kaido and Big Mom dont know about Laws tricks, why doesn’t he use it on them? Because he can’t. Why didn’t Law switch souls between Hawkins and some fodder? Bc he couldn’t, Hawkins has stronger Haki. He was able to do it to Sanji bc he doesn’t have strong Armament or strong Haki in General.
Didn't Luffy lose two times to Crocodile ? Didn't Lao G kick Chinjao's ass ? :milaugh:

If we're talking about Kaido and Big Mom, Shambles is specifically discussed not to work, so then we go back to it being used against Zoro and Doflamingo.

We can't say what he can and can't do until we see him try or talk about how something in particular would not work. One Piece definitely doesn't min max in terms of characters making the most of their abilities in every scenario, not nearly to the point where you can simply argue an ability not being used means it can't be used.

Hawkins didn't get his Haki hyped up at any point. I don't even think he has a single Haki feat in the manga even. Again, someone like Smoker is a lot more likely to be a CoC user in the future than someone like Hawkins in my opinion.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
Didn't Luffy lose two times to Crocodile ? Didn't Lao G kick Chinjao's ass ? :milaugh:

If we're talking about Kaido and Big Mom, Shambles is specifically discussed not to work, so then we go back to it being used against Zoro and Doflamingo.

We can't say what he can and can't do until we see him try or talk about how something in particular would not work. One Piece definitely doesn't min max in terms of characters making the most of their abilities in every scenario, not nearly to the point where you can simply argue an ability not being used means it can't be used.

Hawkins didn't get his Haki hyped up at any point. I don't even think he has a single Haki feat in the manga even. Again, someone like Smoker is a lot more likely to be a CoC user in the future than someone like Hawkins in my opinion.
Crocodile is someone we can assume has CoC since all most warlords do. Smoker just don’t fit man. With all due respect to his character cuz I like him, I don’t see him being a formidable enemy after G2 Luffy babied him