Character Discussion Sanji's Immense Will

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
β€Ž
Momments where the cook was weak willed just on top of my head

1-Weak child, ran away from home, too weak to stand up against his brothers.
2-Telling Zoro to give up his dream
3-Refusing to overcome his simp nature even when his friends lives are at stake in Ennies Lobby, Zoro did stuff much harder than that for Luffy latter on.
4-Imediately becomes an okama after being forced into their island.
5-His own ambition becomes a pun.

And im not even brigging up anything after fishman island......Like it or hate him, this man is not a conqueror.
:cheers:
He conquers the hearts of his fans and the minds of his haters.
Dude's a beast.
:stealthblack::stealthblack::stealthblack::stealthblack::stealthblack::stealthblack:

Doggo

β€Ž
Momments where the cook was weak willed just on top of my head

1-Weak child, ran away from home, too weak to stand up against his brothers.
2-Telling Zoro to give up his dream
3-Refusing to overcome his simp nature even when his friends lives are at stake in Ennies Lobby, Zoro did stuff much harder than that for Luffy latter on.
4-Imediately becomes an okama after being forced into their island.
5-His own ambition becomes a pun.

And im not even brigging up anything after fishman island......Like it or hate him, this man is not a conqueror.
:cheers:
Just wanted to comment on number1.
It is actually so freaking out of touch with reality, that I legit almost spit my water reading this.
Good job.
Keep more of these delusions coming. I love surrealistic comedy.:suresure:

Asking why Sanji didnt stand up to his genetically enhanced siblings in a 1x3 is almost as funny as someone asking why homeless people dont just buy a house and dont be homeless anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pudding and Sanji relationship thread incoming next. The way we're gonna be talking about Sanji this entire week:lulz:

Doggo

β€Ž
This thread is the ''now that zoro has coc sanji will get it too'' thread without being called that
To be fair, it actually isn't.
You see, since Zoro unlocked his CoC, a bunch of threads about "will zoro and sanji unlock coc this arc" were brought back. Also there was a rise of comments saying that Sanji will never be able to do it because he has "weak will".
This thread is more like a response to these comments than a mere wishful thinking for Sanji getting CoC himself.
:P

Just like the rest of the Straw Hats, Sanji's will is indeed immense. The problem here is, as usual, how he's compared to Zoro instead of understanding the character alone and measuring him from there. At the end of the day, not only they are deeply different but Sanji's context and background is way more nuanced and troubled: the moment Sanji grows up on wanting to repay Zeff their debt while Zoro grows up on wanting to fulfill his promise to Kuina, the moment they obviously can't be measured on the same terms; it's not coincidence that Zoro gave up on his ambitions and was willing to die for someone as soon as he actually had someone to care about (Luffy and his friends) who he valued as more important than himself (just like Sanji towards Zeff).

Most of Sanji critics simply want him to be, think and behave exactly like Zoro because they can't see beyond that character archetype, basically (either that or something more pathetic, like wanting to be like Zoro or seeing him as a role model).

By the way, for those who bring up the Fishman Island scene: Luffy himself showed doubts on whether finding One Piece was more important than finding a rare beetle.