Character Discussion Sanji's overlooked & A Nail In The Coffin?

W or L

• Total voters
No need to waste your time these insecure fans want zoro to surpass sanji in all abilities

Oda: sanji is an expert in coo

Zoro fans: the coo of zoro > coo sanji

Same thing with speed
Post automatically merged:

you are so desperate lmao
A user makes a thread about sanji's coo but as a lame zoro fan with insecurities you become condescending and insulting
Go touch some grass sanji is not a real character

Sanji is literally have a simp moment with Viola

And no its not, you're twisting it.. Even with all the strawmans mate assuming the sniper was about the same distance as bagmat it still maintains sanji's superiority while having a girl with him

Both sides were distracted but one sensed and elemimated the target before the guy even properly aims at them bruh.

the desperation is really petty mate
Tbh, I don't really give a shit if Sanji's CoO is good enough to sense the danger in that moment or how vigilante he was lol. I've already agreed that Sanji did better than Luffy did vs batman, although I say Luffy might've been more off-guard because we've seen Luffy genuinely have better CoO moments than that batman scene. Ultimately, it's whatever.

Just remove the entire lock on and zooming bs and I have no gripe with this thread.

Last edited:
So sanji >zoro and luffy with regards to CoO?
Basic CoO? By feats you showed, Sanji's is > Luffy only if you're consistent with your scaling.

So I'm going by your argument

Zoro senses it coming and blocks it.

Luffy doesn't even know what happened until after Zoro has blocked it and has stood up and batman is laughing.

Zoro's CoO > Luffy's, agreed? :cheers:

Last edited:
Basic CoO? By feats you showed, Sanji's is > Luffy only if you're consistent with your scaling.

So I'm going by your argument

Zoro senses it coming and blocks it.

Luffy doesn't even know what happened until after Zoro has blocked it and has stood up and batman is laughing.

Zoro's CoO > Luffy's, agreed? :cheers:
sure you can say zoro > luffy in this regard with basic CoO as Luffy is much worse and i even mentioned that in the thread but unlike sanji zoro didn't sense the enemy before he sensed the projectile that was aimed and shot at Tsuru was it?

Sanji took the guy oit even before he even properly aimed at them let alone shooting a projectile

So Sanji> Zoro in CoO given aforementioned

With panels and perspective in evidence there should be no doubt
surely yea?

Last edited:
sure you can say zoro > luffy in this regard with basic CoO as Luffy is much worse and i even mentioned that in the thread but unlike sanji zoro didn't sense the enemy before he sensed the projectile that was aimed and shot at Tsuru was it?

Sanji did that even before the guy even properly aimed at them let alone shooting a projectile

So Sanji> Zoro in CoO given aforementioned surely yea?
Ye if we go by your scaling, it essentially goes

CoA: Zoro > Luffy > Sanji
CoO: Sanji > Zoro > Luffy

But IMO you look at CoO wrong. The haki's potency doesn't work the way you think it does.

I think all of M3 can pull the sniper feat if they have their CoO active in that manner.

CoO is not as simple. There are multiple factors to it; and number one is uptime and what level of uptime you're aiming for and for how long.

Are you actively using it to seek out dangerous intent in your vicinity?
Are you using it actively notice any changes new presence in your vinicnity?

The issue with Luffy is that his uptime is shit. He's barely using his CoO. Even FS. Even when he's in middle of combat, for majority of it, he can't keep his FS up.

For example, Fujitora is someone with 100% uptime. Though even his level might vary depending on what he wants to do during those uptime. CoO depends on intent. It's like how it's very easy for M3 to spot Caribou after actively looking for him in an instant, but otherwise they can't sense him when he's next to them on their ship.

And CoO is more than just this anyway, imo there are two applications of it which vastly differ and one can be better in one while being worse in other. Reflexes/reactions and sensing.

But that's a whole new debate for another time ig.

CoA: Zoro > Luffy > Sanji
CoO: Sanji > Zoro > Luffy
You can argue for that case too. Luffy hasn't honed his basic CoO as much as basic ARNAMENT again katakuri so i see a disparity between how skilled he is compared to How his basuc CoO is

But IMO you look at CoO wrong. The haki's potency doesn't work the way you think it does.

I think all of M3 can pull the sniper feat if they have their CoO active in that manner.

CoO is not as simple. There are multiple factors to it; and number one is uptime and what level of uptime you're aiming for and for how long.

Are you actively using it to seek out dangerous intent in your vicinity?
Are you using it actively notice any changes new presence in your vinicnity?

The issue with Luffy is that his uptime is shit. He's barely using his CoO. Even FS. Even when he's in middle of combat, for majority of it, he can't keep his FS up.
Uptime is really unscalable there is no way to really know when its up or not unless its a specific instance where the person is on gauard where you can give the benefit if the doubt or Oda really goes out of his way to show that, at times even when luffy's distracted he's good at sensing enemies. And Fujitora is a major exception to this tbh

The reason why the instances i use to compare their CoO are fair is coz both groups were distracted sanji was really simpin for Viol when he picked up a hidden sniper on the roof.
While zoro and luffy were listening to Tsurus story and luffy and zoro were too immersed to really sense

So to me its fair atleast and this sets as prolly the sole instance where he's directly superior the the 2
with regards to sensing intent particularly
Post automatically merged:

And sure why not lets break it down some other day