Versus Battle Sasuke Recovery Mission vs Soul Society Invasion vs Enies Lobby

Which arc is the best?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I am going to give the tiniest of edge to Soul Society over Sasuke's Recovery here. Both amazing. My opinion might literally change tomorrow lol. But I consider SS to be the best Bleach Arc, whilst SRA is a top 5 Naruto arc for me. And seeing Aizen, Gin and their betrayal as well as the exploration of the Shinigami and the captains being the 'villains', the shocking revelations and us finding out more about the Shinigami world was all top notch. Not to mention an abundance of great battles. Yeah I am giving it a tiny edge over SRA for now. Enies Lobby is in 3rd place for me here.

This is pretty difficult, but I'd go with SS arc because of the Aizen reveal, the fights like Kenpachi/Byakuya vs Ichigo, Uryu vs Mayuri, etc. There are problems with the arc just like the other 2, but I personally liked this more than the others.

SS arc > Sasuke Retrieval > Enies Lobby

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Grading these arcs on;

Plot
Tension
Choreography
Antagonists
Fallout

Plot:

All of them are very similar, so about even all things considered.
  1. Rukia is captured by her evil step brother and needs the underage heroes to fight off a giant military organization.
  2. Robin is kidnapped by spies and needs her underage crew to rescue her.
  3. Uchiha Sasuke chooses to leave the village and has his friends and rival set out to rescue him

For pure premise I think the Sasuke Recovery Mission arc is slightly behind just because the stakes are lower.

Tension:

Sasuke Recovery Arc >> Soul Society Arc > Enies Lobby

Flat out, Sasuke's Recovery Mission had the realest fake out deaths and numerous times, the heroes were the underdog and had to leave their own behind. They make do with what they got and know they're a bit out of their league going into this fight. In contrast, Ichigo keeps beating up stronger opponents like this is Mortal Kombat tower mode, getting more PUs this arc than any other MC. And Luffy always wins, he was never presented as the underdog in that arc.

Choreography:

Naruto > Bleach > One Piece

Self explanatory, but Bleach's fights aren't thrilling for the action, but the hax between them. Naruto's fights were full of tactics, risk vs reward strategies, and daring moves. One Piece fights are hard to follow hits coming at each other.

Antagonists:

Evil Gotei > Sound 5 > Cipher Pol > Aizen

Aizen's best villainous act was not being around, which is fantastic. But the Gotei's evilness carried this arc. Byakuya and Mayuri were such POS' and Zaraki was only mildly better. The Sound 5 were not as big time as any of the others, but you had each of them with distinct abilities, personalities, and so much more focus given to them. They stood on their own two feet in their chapters which is more than what can be said for the rest of these guys. And the build up to Kimimaro? Legendary.

Gotei narrowly wins because they had much more to offer in terms of scale and threat level.

Fallout:

Naruto >> Bleach >>>>> One Piece

Sasuke leaving completely changes the story and he becomes the focal goal for the protagonist.
Aizen is set up as the first of two major antagonists and controls the next 230 chapters of the story (via proxy)
They are able to happily leave and this event is brought up maybe once every two years.

So for me, Naruto wins here. I think it excels in the actual detail work given to the villains and the fact this arc allows the hero to fail, which means so much more for the series than what Bleach or OP do here.

Some of the best arcs of all 3 shows before they went downhill. It is hard to say which ones were actually better than the other. It low key comes down to personal preference and enjoyment if we being honest. And based off that SS arc takes the cake for me. It just wasnโ€™t the best arc in Bleach but also probably one of the best arcs in the entire Shonen genre as the reception and sales support any way.

I'm with EL. But I haven't seen Bleach :P

I think this has the best plot and construction between the three here. And, probably, I liked it most because is this type of arc that focuses in the things that I enjoy more, like de flashbacks and worldbuilding. I think these things made the construction in the conflict more deep than in SR, and don't misunderstand me I think that Sasuke has one of the best character arc in the first part of Naruto. He has really good and perfect motibations to follow Orochimmaru's power.

But EL has a better build in the plot of One Piece. Ohara's incident, Franky's and Iceberg past with Tom and the blueprints of the ancient weapon. That's really hard to surpass.

In terms of battles, SR takes a huge adventage even when I loved Luffy vs Lucci fight. In this case, EL has the same type of comedy that Oda's loves.

At the end, I think that EL and SR has two different purposes. SR was a breaking point for Naruto and the gennins of Konoha and marked an after in the Narutoverse lore. Probably, this could make me enjoy more SR... if Kishimoto was worked more in his secondary characters in Shippuden :lusalty:.

Anyway, I think EL is more solid even when Naruto's battles were better.

Last edited: