Controversial SCIENCES: Studies, Theories, Fictions & Conversations

Hi!

I create this thread for those who would like to have discussion about Science and topics related to science weither they are theoritical, fictionnal or factuals.

---

Remember, Science is not just one type of discipline:

Sciences is a practice that uncompass a myriads of disciplines : Astrophysics / Physics / Mathematics / anthropology / Sociology / History etc.

Also, Science is not about finding the truth. Science is about reducing uncertainty.

---

I will link the best content about science here:

---

Science is magic, so lets explore it together !

Last edited:
Hi!

I create this thread for those who would like to have discussion about Science and topics related to science weither they are theoritical, fictionnal or factuals.

---

Remember, Science is not just one type of discipline:

Sciences is a practice that uncompass a myriads of disciplines. Those disciplines can be what we call "hard sciences" (Astrophysics / Physics / Mathematics etc.) and they can be "soft sciences" (anthropology, sociology, history etc.)

Also, Science is not about finding the truth. Science is about reducing uncertainty.

---

I will link the best content about science here:

---

Science is magic, so lets explore it together !

I wonder why people are engaging here?logiko needs to come up with some post about some scientific stuff to start some debate.

I wonder why people are engaging here?logiko needs to come up with some post about some scientific stuff to start some debate.
Funny how even woke media agree that woke people freak out by whatever pops out their eyes while conservatives cares about what really imports like economy and the future of the world for their children.

When It Comes To Climate Change, Biases Affect Everyone | Wyoming Public Media

"You simply can't use the same approach, for instance, tell the public, '2020 was the hottest year in history, tied with 2016,'" she said. "That information is going to draw the attention of liberals but it's not going to get the attention of conservatives."

For conservatives, Zhao said the focus should be on the economy, the cost of climate change, and preservation for future generations.

This post is meant to be about science in general

So you can post anything related to science here.

Of course I could but I'm not a scientist so I don't really have a legitimacy here.

Post anything you want about science :)

Funny how even woke media agree that woke people freak out by whatever pops out their eyes while conservatives cares about what really imports like economy and the future of the world for their children.

When It Comes To Climate Change, Biases Affect Everyone | Wyoming Public Media

"You simply can't use the same approach, for instance, tell the public, '2020 was the hottest year in history, tied with 2016,'" she said. "That information is going to draw the attention of liberals but it's not going to get the attention of conservatives."

For conservatives, Zhao said the focus should be on the economy, the cost of climate change, and preservation for future generations.
There is no such things as "woke media" unless you are talking about youtube medias.

And leave politic to the political thread please.

I am just curious.

Has anybody here read any book from the mathemacian Anatoly Fomenko?

History: Fiction or Science and all his New Chronology works?

I seriously believe that Oda read them.

There is no such things as "woke media" unless you are talking about youtube medias.

And leave politic to the political thread please.
So now this is political? Who is denier now? It is a study showing how different political views look at the same topic paying attention into different things related to it.

Like I said the ones considered conservatives cares about future generation and economy while the ones considered woke cares about a line getting higher than others.

I am just curious.

Has anybody here read any book from the mathemacian Anatoly Fomenko?

History: Fiction or Science and all his New Chronology works?

I seriously believe that Oda read them.
No, but what makes you say that ? Those books have something particular that you relate to One Piece ?

No, but what makes you say that ? Those books have something particular that you relate to One Piece ?
Yes. They are all about how our whole chronology and worldview might have been altered by the people in power and the search for the truth
Post automatically merged:

https://chronologia.org/en/

His books are available here

https://archive.org/details/AnatolyFomenkoBooks/DatingPtolemysAlmagestByAnatolyFomenko/mode/1up

https://archive.org/details/EAnatolyFomenkoHistoryFictionOrScience1/mode/1up

Last edited:
Yes. They are all about how our whole chronology and worldview might have been altered by the people in power and the search for the truth

https://chronologia.org/en/

His books are available here

https://archive.org/details/AnatolyFomenkoBooks/DatingPtolemysAlmagestByAnatolyFomenko/mode/1up

https://archive.org/details/EAnatolyFomenkoHistoryFictionOrScience1/mode/1up
Yeah.. this is not very scientific. This is a pseudoscience.
And no I don't think Oda read those books. The concept of alteration of event by people of power is something that we simply witness in fascist and authoritarian systems.

Have you read it? Why do you call it pseudocientific?

The whole hypothesis of Fomenko is based on calculations of astronomical events such as eclipses.
Its not me. Its considered pseudoscientific by astronoms and historians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Fomenko

Careful, you are currently defending a theories that is highly pseudoscientific. (And this one is a biggy, I didn't know its existence but damn, that's wobbly). This is a dangerous path.. be aware.

I do not think wikipedia is the best source for credible information about it, it is meant to be an encyclopedia only for maintaing the status quo.

Of course wikipedia article is against a theory that challenges mainstream knowledge.

"The goal of a Wikipedia article is to present a neutrally written summary of existing mainstream knowledge in a fair and accurate manner with a straightforward, "just-the-facts style"

Sir Isaac Newton, one of the fathers of we call science has also published a book questioning the mainstream Chronology. People generally do not study it

I was just asking if anyone here has read Fomenko's books.

I seriously believe that the New Chronology and the Ancient Continent of Mu by Churchward have much in common with One Piece lore and deserve a reading by One Piece fans

Last edited:
I do not think wikipedia is the best source for credible information about it, it is meant to be an encyclopedia only for maintaing the status quo.

Of course wikipedia article is against a theory that challenges mainstream knowledge.

"The goal of a Wikipedia article is to present a neutrally written summary of existing mainstream knowledge in a fair and accurate manner with a straightforward, "just-the-facts style"

Sir Isaac Newton, one of the fathers of we call science has also published a book questioning the mainstream Chronology. People generally do not study it

Trust me on that, wikipedia is more than enough to debunk that information. Its simply non scientific and scientific regards this theory as non scientific as well.

I seriously believe that the New Chronology and the Ancient Continent of Mu by Churchward have much in common with One Piece lore and deserve a reading by One Piece fans
No it doesn't. Its fallasification of history.

If you see similarities its because the rewriting process of history is a common denominator of authoritarian and fascist states and One Piece is inspired by that.

The old civilisation is an old trope in stories, its nothing new and this ties back to mythological homerian stories.

My bunny this stuff is disproven by real scientists. Why are the kids these days so obsessed with uncovering conspiracies left and right?

My bunny this stuff is disproven by real scientists. Why are the kids these days so obsessed with uncovering conspiracies left and right?
I remember that when I was a conspirationnist, I was attracted to all the fantasy behind the conspirations and weird theories. Things like Alien being hold in Area 51, Pyramids build by ancient aliens, the world being dominated by a mysterious evil elite called the illuminati, world governments trying to hide the real history of the world...

All those theories were firstly attractive because they were fantastic and exotics.