Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
why is ratchet trying to bail TAC out this badly

:laughmoji:
I am? News to me. I was actually leaning towards voting TAC today. Still am.
I'm not sure what conclusion you're trying to draw between me and Dyna here.
I felt like my post was fairly explicit.

I cannot defend Mel/Rhea. If I were forced to give a read from their few posts in the Mason chat, I would lean town, but I can't justify that beyond gut feeling. And no one should be following any gut feelings at this stage.

Ratchet

what are you trying to do?
you are scum dude.
we are going to vote for TAC or Melontonin.
its done.
None of that post has anything to do with who I'm voting. What it does have to do with is that I'm not going to put up with lazy play because someone feels they can't be bothered anymore. I don't care how many posts he has, it's pointless if he's not here helping to close the game out.
Just finished watching Shang Chi; it's pretty good.

Hope we're still lynching Mel.

Vote Lynch TAC
Why are you saying we should lynch Mel, but voting for TAC?
The only real additional piece to the Mel case is that the day Mel happened to be role crushed is the one day cult didn’t convert anyone or try to. You can argue that Mel wouldn’t have claimed being rolecrushed as culter though since that information is a bad look when there’s no conversion that day.
I think it's as good an angle as we have, though. I've asked Rhea to prove their role to someone, and if they have anything else by which they may defend themselves, but frankly I don't see a better option on the table aside from maybe TAC, but I do buy TAC's post restriction in talking about themselves in the third-person.

@Aether Not going to claim what I did last Night just yet, because I am waiting on information from someone, but I can just say it if you'd rather me do so.

@Destroya As per last Day Phase, you'll recall that my suggestion was that Night Raid was the final scum member. Obviously, that cannot be the case now, but having re-evaluated it I think it could be Ekkologix. His flavour claim, Eula, being Cult-immune doesn't make a lot of sense, because why out of every player in the game would a minor, fairly irrelevant character be immune to the Cult? Being Mafia automatically makes one immune, though, so I could see him just being scum, which would also resolve the number of Cryo-character claims in the game, as we know Kaeya was Town and I believe Emi is also Town (her character, Diona, is the propriatess of a tavern, so her receiving messages makes some degree of flavour sense in that, as the propriatess of a tavern, she would naturally be in a position to hear rumours (speaking of, @QueenEmilia do you have any more messages?), which leaves just Conq and Ekko. The issue with this line of thinking from me is there is no guarantee scum is present within the Cryo claims, so it's really only an aside to other, more congruent reasoning to back Ekkologix being scum.

As for whom the first recruit was, I'm not going to pretend like I have an idea. I haven't finished reading Day 1, in fact there is still a lot of it I haven't read, and so I would have to defer to those more in the know than I about whomever is likely. I will say, in my notes I had Juliet down as scum while reading before I subbed in, because my understanding is she has a very low level scum play meta wherein she simply is inactive and non-commital as scum. And if I can discern that from one game of her playing scum, I expect several others can, so I would look Day 2 at any WorstGen-regular who was defending Juliet in any capacity.
alright i expect you to claim later in the phase then, also do let us know the kind of information you are waiting for, to make sense of it.

night raid could still be mafia if melkor used his ability on them, remember melkor claimed tracker, maybe he was claiming from night raid's role. but i agree, ekko being shady

Ratchet

alright i expect you to claim later in the phase then, also do let us know the kind of information you are waiting for, to make sense of it.

night raid could still be mafia if melkor used his ability on them, remember melkor claimed tracker, maybe he was claiming from night raid's role. but i agree, ekko being shady
I blocked T-Pein. I was waiting for him to reveal his results, to see if he would claim he had them.

Reason I blocked T-Pein, was that I was originally going to block Night Raid. However, after the hosts confirmed to me that eliminated factions will not be confirmed eliminated, blocking Night Raid, who at that point was my strongest read for a fourth Mafia member, wouldn't have helped figure that out at all. If there was no kill, it could be because I blocked Night Raid, or it could be that the kill failed through other means, or it could be that there is no other Mafia member.

Therefore, I had to block someone who was extremely unlikely to be Mafia, and had in-thread credibility to back that up. In my view that list is three names long, because of their push on Rej: myself, Emi and T-Pein. I'm obviously not going to block myself, and Emi at least had information pertaining to their role on the table, which leaves T-Pein. There does exist the possibility that T-Pein was Culted, failed to recruit Rej due to him being scum, or otherwise investigated Rej, and then exposed him to gain credibility with the Town. It's not all that likely a scenario, but it's a possibility in play. That way, if a kill does go off, I can be more certain that there is a fourth Mafia member (and it did, and hasn't been claimed by the Town).

In short, I used my block on T-Pein, to help test my theory by ensuring my block wasn't going to hit the Mafia.

Ratchet

i dont see how this role is beneficial to town
A Reporter type role can be useful, because the person receiving the message can apparently send one back. But I agree that it is really quite weak in the grand scheme of things, and even paired with Mason it doesn't make it much stronger.

I blocked T-Pein. I was waiting for him to reveal his results, to see if he would claim he had them.

Reason I blocked T-Pein, was that I was originally going to block Night Raid. However, after the hosts confirmed to me that eliminated factions will not be confirmed eliminated, blocking Night Raid, who at that point was my strongest read for a fourth Mafia member, wouldn't have helped figure that out at all. If there was no kill, it could be because I blocked Night Raid, or it could be that the kill failed through other means, or it could be that there is no other Mafia member.
alright, whats the idea behind blocking tpein who claimed to be the cult investigator instead of night raid, your strongest scum suspect, it just doesnt make sense. also i dont follow why host would confirm to you personally instead of anyone else or in the thread? nor do i understand how you can come to the conclusion that not blocking night raid will somehow allow you to figure out that scum faction has been eliminated, or even the idea/relevance behind figuring out if the scum faction is been eliminated just by blocking. if you are automatically assuming night is scum here because of your speculation of kill being failed due to the block, its still better to block the scum from kills, unless you wanted there to be a kill. i just dont get how blocking a cult investigator claim is a better idea than blocking your most sus player.

Therefore, I had to block someone who was extremely unlikely to be Mafia, and had in-thread credibility to back that up. In my view that list is three names long, because of their push on Rej: myself, Emi and T-Pein. I'm obviously not going to block myself, and Emi at least had information pertaining to their role on the table, which leaves T-Pein. There does exist the possibility that T-Pein was Culted, failed to recruit Rej due to him being scum, or otherwise investigated Rej, and then exposed him to gain credibility with the Town. It's not all that likely a scenario, but it's a possibility in play. That way, if a kill does go off, I can be more certain that there is a fourth Mafia member (and it did, and hasn't been claimed by the Town).

In short, I used my block on T-Pein, to help test my theory by ensuring my block wasn't going to hit the Mafia
earlier you were theorizing that we were dealing with a singular scum faction instead of cult, but here you wanted to block the most unlikely to be mafia, just doesnt add up. tbh, cult could very well kill at night as well, a kill going off shouldnt automatically concludes that mafia is still alive. personally i am open to any side of the argument but your action looks suspicious tbh. like literally you couldve gone for the possible d1 converts that i and some other has narrowed down.

In short, I used my block on T-Pein, to help test my theory by ensuring my block wasn't going to hit the Mafia.
Why the hell would you try to block our only weapon against cult???

Slowly but surely I am buying Destroya's push

Status
Not open for further replies.