Shibashou: Zhao's Sleeping Tiger - Predictions

D

Dragomir

Shibashou is one of the most hyped characters in Kingdom right now. He was nominated to become Zhao's Third Great Heaven, but he rejected the appointment because he hates the Zhao Monarchy. Hara has gone out of the way to hype the sheer size of this madlad multiple times, not only does he stand head and shoulders above his Elite Soldiers during his reveal, but Hara even drew him in comparison to a "normal" Zhao soldier to emphasize how massive he is:

During his initial "silhouette" reveal, Hara also drew him oozing a similar "martial aura" to other characters who have received similar hype:

It is pretty clear imo that Hara really wants us to understand that Shibashou is going to be one of the strongest warriors in all of Kingdom, but what other expectations do you have for him and his reveal? Is this character going to be the character who Shin "defeats" in order to reach the rank of Great General? Or does Hara have some other plans for him?

Discuss some ideas below, and make sure to spoiler-tag Historical Spoilers.

@Owl Ki
@Patryipe
@Blackbeard
@Bullet
@Shanks
@Dark Admiral
@Guan Yu
@Dovahkiin
@Greenbeard
@dizzy2341
@PuckTheGreat
@MarineHQ62
@RayanOO
@Ninjashadow0209
@Arara
@Hiragaro
@Yo Tan Wa
@FaradaySloth
@ranady
@Dragomir
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Fiji
@Xione
@Jailer
@Bepo
Don't you think it'd be too early for Shin to become a Great General in this same invasion campaign he achieved General status in? I'd personally think that it'd be against Wei where Shin becomes a GG. But for the sake of argument, let's say it's not too early. In my opinion, Shin will need to display something more than just defeating another General in a head-to-head fight to be worthy of becoming GG. All the Great Generals are more than just martial might. They're all capable of leading a campaign and defeating their opponents with mastermind tactics. It's tactics first and martial might second. An example would be Duke Hyou in the Keiyou Campaign or Mougou in the Sanyou Campaign. One of those smaller-scale campaigns where you need only one GG to lead and not multiple. Shin still needs a whole lot of work on his tactics to get to that level where he can lead a campaign all by himself. Right now, he's only capable of leading fronts and I'm not sure if he'll get to the campaign level at the end of this Zhao invasion.

Now, as for what I think of Shibashou, so far from his hype, he's definitely a character that's gonna need a GG to defeat him. Since I don't think Shin will be at the level after Zhao has been conquered, I don't think they'll fight each other. No idea who'll defeat him. Or maybe what if Ousen tries to recruit him? After failing with Riboku, he might try his luck with Shibashou. I feel like it'd probably be Ousen vs Shibashou on one side and Kanki vs Riboku on the other.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Don't you think it'd be too early for Shin to become a Great General in this same invasion campaign he achieved General status in?
No, because the Zhao campaign will last for years. I doubt Zhao will fall in less than two years, maybe more like 4-5. So Shin won’t have achieved Great General for like 7 years after he initially reached General. And Shin has spent 100% of the two years since he was named a General on the battlefield, and will likely spent 100% of the next few years on the battlefield as well. That is 6-7 years of day-and-night battlefield experience.

And if Shin pulls off the best or second-best achievements in a campaign that ends up destroying a major state, something that the OG Q6 failed to do, then he 110% has earned the same rank that they have.

So yes Shin will 100% be declared a GG after Zhao, no question.

Shin will need to display something more than just defeating another General in a head-to-head fight to be worthy of becoming GG.
Correct, else they would’ve just given him GG after he slayed Houken.

Shin needs to prove that he can lead his men to victory against other Great Generals, which is ultimately what I think he will do in Zhao. Whether that means against Shibashou or against Riboku (xdoubt), Shin is going to somehow prove that he can lead men to victory against a GG level threat, even though I still doubt that Shibashou will actually die in Zhao. To your point here:

All the Great Generals are more than just martial might. They're all capable of leading a campaign and defeating their opponents with mastermind tactics. It's tactics first and martial might second.
This is very wrong, even by the standards of just Qin itself.

Look at the Qin’s Golden boy in Moubu right now. Moubu is far from stupid, but Moubu is certainly not known for his strategy and tactics lol. Moubu almost solely elevated himself to Great General through use of his personal strength and martial might. Moubu is Qin’s number one commander right now, and tactics definitely play second-fiddle in the Moubu army.

Looking at other states, we have characters like Houken who was promoted from foot-soldier straight to Great General based literally only on his abilities as a warrior by Riboku himself,

We have Kanmei who didn’t bother with strategy or tactics at all, that responsibility fell to Jin Ou while Kanmei solely relied on martial strength to win his battles,

We have Gaimou who probably knows nothing of strategy or tactics and leaves them to Jun Sou while Gaimou only fights martially

And there are more examples but these are the most extreme.

The higher-ups in Qin don’t really care how much strategic or tactical knowledge you have, they care if you can lead your armies to victory through whatever means you see fit, and Shin has proven time and time again that with Ten carrying the strategic and tactical load, he can lead his men to victory without having to worry so much about those things and only using his instincts reactionarily. And besides, I won’t go into detail on Eikyuu but Shin showed bigboi intellectual growth at Eikyuu.

Overall, as long as Shin is leading his men to victory, Kanyou doesn’t care if Shin is shouldering the intellectual burden of his army or if Karyo Ten is.

He was the last HGG of Zhao and was striped from his status. He never killed or lost in battle as per my knowledge. So Shin killing him is out of the question for me. But I really wonderwhat will happen to him after Zhao collapse. If he has to die , i don't think it will be Shin. Killing Houken and Shiba (who are most likely equal martial art wise) is just too much achievement for someone like shin, who is wearing same cloths from chapter 1. Lol let him grow first

Shiba will be an animal, it's just that the hype around Kou En is simply that huge. Manga wise, I think that Kou En is one of the top five generals in history.
Top 5 is guaranteed, imo he makes it to Top 3.

If not for this panel, I will think Kou En (and his main army) will be Top 1 General, because he is like Top 1 General in Chu, which is currently Top 1 country.

I think Shibashou appear to replace Houken on Riboku side with different style. It will be intwresting if Renpa Joins before shibashou colapse. (Qin will be like feel another Emperor (OP yonkou) after fighting another emperor) parallel to OP Wano