General & Others Shiryu - Oden Parallels

I haven't noticed this before, but I do think there are strong resemblances between the positions of these characters, (not in their personality of course).

It's not only because they are both skilled and powerful swordsman, Shiryu was equal to Magellan, and Oden was able to defeat Ashura Doji and his men.

Oden's and Whitebeard's first meeting;

''This doesn't look good.''

Shiryu's and Blackbeard's first meeting;

''Looks like someone dangerous showed up.''

It happens when Whitebeard invades Wano,

While Blackbeard invades Impel Down,

The similarity is that both Oden and Shiryu went to fight with them, there is a little confrontation, but they suddenly change their minds;

Oden states he was waiting;

''I've been waiting for you!!''

Shiryu says the same thing;

''I've been waiting to meet a man like you...!!''

And it's also ironic that, while Oden wasn't ''locked up'' like Shiryu, but he was in locked up in Wano, he couldn't sail on his own and he was kind of trapped and he couldn't get out from there without Whitebeard, just like Shiryu wasn't able to get out from Impel Down without Blackbeard. Their positions were similar like this too.

And then I was wondering why Shiryu took the 2.division / ship in Blackbeard's fleet;

Emperor of the Sea, Blackbeard Pirates Second Ship Captain; Shiryu of the Rain.

Whitebeard puts Oden in the charge of 2.division.

''I am putting you in charge of the second division!!''

So my guess is, that Blackbeard copied the Whitebeard pirate division structure for his own crew, and he also believed that Shiryu will be his right-hand just like Oden was to Whitebeard, so he gave the 2.division / ship to Shiryu, as he sees Shiryu as Oden's successor for the new generation.

I haven't noticed this before, but I do think there are strong resemblances between the positions of these characters, (not in their personality of course).

It's not only because they are both skilled and powerful swordsman, Shiryu was equal to Magellan, and Oden was able to defeat Ashura Doji and his men.

The similarity is that both Oden and Shiryu went to fight with them, there is a little confrontation, but they suddenly change their minds;

And it's also ironic that, while Oden wasn't ''locked up'' like Shiryu, but he was in locked up in Wano, he couldn't sail on his own and he was kind of trapped and he couldn't get out from there without Whitebeard, just like Shiryu wasn't able to get out from Impel Down without Blackbeard. Their positions were similar like this too.

And then I was wondering why Shiryu took the 2.division / ship in Blackbeard's fleet;

So my guess is, that Blackbeard copied the Whitebeard pirate division structure for his own crew, and he also believed that Shiryu will be his right-hand just like Oden was to Whitebeard, so he gave the 2.division / ship to Shiryu, as he sees Shiryu as Oden's successor for the new generation.
This actually isn't that bad. It actually makes sense since bb is luffy's gen wb so he could have his oden.

To me Kidd is more suited to be Luffy's main rival once the story will be end. He channels the pirate style more in my opinion. Even reminds me of Teach for some traits.
To me kidd has the biggest shot to actually rival luffy other than bb obviously. To me kidd might be luffy's shiki but luffy will leave him in the dust. Luffy's crew is gonna be way to strong for kidd to do anything.

Shiryu>Blackbeard
Oden<Whitebeard

They are not the same.