Show yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I didnt like Black Flag cause of the gameplay. Whoever thought making an assassin's creed game be mostly on ships is a lunatic.
Actually, I think it was a brilliant story change to shy away from traditional assassins who have no roles in society other to assassinate people.

As far back as AC2, Mario stresses the importance of the modern Assassins being less literal than their predecessors. Instead of hiding up in some castle being basically a bunch of monks who sit around and wait for opportunities to kill people, the assassins took up actual roles in society. Bankers, politicians, prostitutes, engineers, etc.. the modern assassins realized how important it was to combat Templar agendas through societal means instead of solely bloodshed.

The battle between Assassins and Templar’s slowly over time becomes an ideological battle rooted in the midst of society, just like any other ideological battle in history would. Like instead of religious people going to go sulk in a church, they become politicians to fight for their beliefs, or something like that. Working in the dark to serve the light. Hey wait a second...

In Edward’s case, the guy was literally a pirate who kills assassins earlier in the game for no other reason than he’s searching for literal and metaphorical booty. But over the course of the game, Edward realizes how much his ideology of living freely and rebelling from tyranny tie into the assassins and their ideology, but at that point Edward is the AC version of the Pirate King.

So instead of abandoning his ship, his crew, and all of his life’s experience to go sulk on some jungle island or wtfever, he continues living as a pirate because he’s learned how his pirate ideologies and assassin ideologies tie into each other.

Instead of abandoning his old life, he becomes an assassin the shadows rather than a literal monk. This is how ideological battles happen in reality and I thought it was a brilliant story choice to stray away from literal assassins like back in the day.

Aside from that, I’ll be dammed if black flag isn’t the best motherf***ing pirate game ever made.

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

Actually, I think it was a brilliant story change to shy away from traditional assassins who have no roles in society other to assassinate people.

As far back as AC2, Mario stresses the importance of the modern Assassins being less literal than their predecessors. Instead of hiding up in some castle being basically a bunch of monks who sit around and wait for opportunities to kill people, the assassins took up actual roles in society. Bankers, politicians, prostitutes, engineers, etc.. the modern assassins realized how important it was to combat Templar agendas through societal means instead of solely bloodshed.

The battle between assassins in Templar’s slowly over time becomes an ideological battle rooted in the midst of society, just like any other ideological battle in history would. Like instead of religious people going to go sulk in a church, they become politicians to fight for their beliefs, or something like that. Working in the dark to serve the light. Hey wait a second...

In Edward’s case, the guy was literally a pirate who kills assassins earlier in the game for no other reason than he’s searching for literal and metaphorical booty. But over the course of the game, Edward realizes how much his ideology of living freely and rebelling from tyranny tie into the assassins and their ideology, but at that point Edward is the AC version of the Pirate King.

So instead of abandoning his ship, his crew, and all of his life’s experience to go sulk on some jungle island or wtfever, he continues living as a pirate because he’s learned how his pirate ideologies and assassin ideologies tie into each other.

Instead of abandoning his old life, he becomes an assassin the shadows rather than a literal monk. This is how ideological battles happen in reality and I thought it was a brilliant story choice to stray away from literal assassins like back in the day.

Aside from that, I’ll be dammed if black flag isn’t the bet motherf***ing pirate game ever made.

Couldn't have said it better myself. @Chrono stop sleeping on Black Flag boy.

The battle between assassins in Templar’s slowly over time becomes an ideological battle rooted in the midst of society, just like any other ideological battle in history would. Like instead of religious people going to go sulk in a church, they become politicians to fight for their beliefs, or something like that. Working in the dark to serve the light. Hey wait a second...

Aside from that, I’ll be dammed if black flag isn’t the bet motherf***ing pirate game ever made.
Black flag raised the bar too high:finally:
now ppl complain why every new AC isnt on its lvl:pepecry:

The battle between Assassins and Templar’s slowly over time becomes an ideological battle rooted in the midst of society, just like any other ideological battle in history would. Like instead of religious people going to go sulk in a church, they become politicians to fight for their beliefs, or something like that. Working in the dark to serve the light. Hey wait a second...

Aside from that, I’ll be dammed if black flag isn’t the best motherf***ing pirate game ever made.
I agree. But pirates are lame.

Lame or not, a pirate setting is the perfect setting for an AC game considering how much romanticized pirate ideologies and assassin ideologies have in common lol.
Well maybe for some. I enjoyed the AC games cause of the free running and vasts amounts of buildings to climb. Big cities such as Paris, Rome, London all enticed me.

Im pretty sure the biggest city in AC blagflag is that little city which is Havanna.

Status
Not open for further replies.