Character Discussion Smartest villains in OP, from most dumb to the smartest.

Most of them are pretty smart.
Crocodile and Doflamingo had connections with the underworld and were basically the equivalents of drug lords.
Big Mom is hated on a lot, but it took a lot of intelligence to fool Judge and his family into coming there only to trap them and try to steal their tech.

C

CensoredbyWG

Most of them are pretty smart.
Crocodile and Doflamingo had connections with the underworld and were basically the equivalents of drug lords.
Big Mom is hated on a lot, but it took a lot of intelligence to fool Judge and his family into coming there only to trap them and try to steal their tech.
Big mom was introduced as a mafia leader with ties all over the 4 seas, but ended as comedy relief

H

Herrera95

1. Doflamingo
  2. Kuro
  3. Crocodile
  4. Arlong
  5. Enel
  6. Buggy
  7. Teach
  8. Big Mom
  9. Kaido
  10. Moriah
  11. Caesar
  12. Vergo
  13. Lucci
  14. Hody
  15. Bellamy
  16. Marines
  17. WG
  18. Monet
  19. Don Krieg
To explain my list, that is not complete of course, Caesar is a genius scientist but he was dumb enough to believe in Law and let Strawhats get away etc.
Doflamingo is a genius to become a king in a country that he destroyed. Kuro is similar to him. Crocodile went on a more violence way so he is not that smart. Enel too. Buggy is a genius for having Crocodile and Mihawk working for him.

Meanwhile Monet is hell of stupid to think Zoro would not hit a woman. Don Krieg is even stupidier to pull a battle with Mihawk after he destroyed his whole fleet.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Crocodile had the most intricate plan that relied on actual people carrying out their roles perfectly and not natural story progression. He had contingencies after contingencies to make sure it all went through.

Whereas someone like Doffy has to make a phone call and his schemes just happen. Or Blackbeard who has literal Lady Luck on his side to make sure he doesn’t fail.

Enel is a good contender too, simply because he designed the arc maxim in a primitive backwater and perfectly melded his fruit powers, dials and technology.

1. Doflamingo
  2. Kuro
  3. Crocodile
  4. Arlong
  5. Enel
  6. Buggy
  7. Teach
  8. Big Mom
  9. Kaido
  10. Moriah
  11. Caesar
  12. Vergo
  13. Lucci
  14. Hody
  15. Bellamy
  16. Marines
  17. WG
  18. Monet
  19. Don Krieg
To explain my list, that is not complete of course, Caesar is a genius scientist but he was dumb enough to believe in Law and let Strawhats get away etc.
Doflamingo is a genius to become a king in a country that he destroyed. Kuro is similar to him. Crocodile went on a more violence way so he is not that smart. Enel too. Buggy is a genius for having Crocodile and Mihawk working for him.

Meanwhile Monet is hell of stupid to think Zoro would not hit a woman. Don Krieg is even stupidier to pull a battle with Mihawk after he destroyed his whole fleet.
  1. Doflamingo
  2. Kuro
  3. Crocodile
  4. Arlong
  5. Enel
  6. Buggy
  7. Teach
  8. Big Mom
  9. Kaido
  10. Moriah
  11. Caesar
  12. Vergo
  13. Lucci
  14. Hody
  15. Bellamy
  16. Marines
  17. WG
  18. Monet
  19. Don Krieg

CensoredbyWG should have clarified battle IQ or "normal" IQ

Last edited:
The only ones that come to mind are Kuro or whatever his name was of the “100 plans” and Crocodile. After that I mean who even qualifies? Doflamingo was cunning and manipulative but not as tactical or smart as these two for sure. The rest of them were either meatheads or cookie cutter cold villian archetypes.

Welcome back :cheers:
Thanks mate hope you’re doing fine

Now in the office akainu has much time to use his big Brain
:milaugh:
:josad:

I demand you to explain Akainu position and to stop using that cringe real name of him.
Sakazuki is more cunning than we give him credit for, this post explains his interaction with Ace for instance
This is something I noticed only recently about Akainu baiting Ace.
You can see in this panel below how disgusted Akainu is when Ace even considers confronting him, like who does this bug think he is.
First an exclamation mark then a question mark, he is genuinely confused lol

Then Ace blabbers on while Akainu is still confused, and only then he decides to bait Ace with the whole Roger vs Whitebeard thing

It just adds layers to how cunning Akainu is, earlier he was assuring the marines that they won't get away but that's kinda big talk if his plan originally depended on baiting Ace only, but that was never what he actually intended, he just adapted to how dumb Ace is lol
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Blackbeard @MarineHQ @centurion
In just two years Sakazuki managed to make the Marines the strongest they’ve ever been even after losing a fully fledged Admiral in Kuzan and the legendary Sengoku who led the marines for decades.
He is as smart as he is practical, and he is probably the most practical antagonist there is, but the first spots naturally go to the more deceiving antagonists with ability/ need to make long term plans like Teach, Crocodile etc

H

Herrera95

Sakazuki is more cunning than we give him credit for, this post explains his interaction with Ace for instance
AKAINU!!!

In just two years Sakazuki managed to make the Marines the strongest they’ve ever been even after losing a fully fledged Admiral in Kuzan and the legendary Sengoku who led the marines for decades.
He is as smart as he is practical, and he is probably the most practical antagonist there is, but the first spots naturally go to the more deceiving antagonists with ability/ need to make long term plans like Teach, Crocodile etc
I don't give him credits for the Ace trash talk. Is not like he had to do it in order to go after Ace and kill him.

I would give him credit for Squard betraying Whitebeard if Whitebeard himself didn't credited Sengoku for that.

Yes Akainu deserves credit for making marines more ruthless but that is not necessarily being smart. He is just more ruthless while Sengoku was more soft as Kaido would say. Just like how he handled Ohara situation. He was ruthless not smart.

Not sure if civilian draft was his idea I guess it was WG. But if was his that was a smart decision. To think we would have strong people like Fujitora and Greenbull being mere civillians instead of a Pirate, Revolutionaire, Marine, Holy Knights or CP9/0 agent.

Still he didn't had a smart decision towards Shichibukais since he was opposing to finish this system that was proved twice to be more harming than good for them.

Crocodile had the most intricate plan that relied on actual people carrying out their roles perfectly and not natural story progression. He had contingencies after contingencies to make sure it all went through.
Having reread Arabasta recently, must agree with that.

Don't care about current Crocodile, but Arabasta Crocodile was a fucking menace to the very end. Even when all BW agents were downed, and even his own power was useless against water Luffy, his schemes were still running effectively in the background. Like when double agents in the Royal Army provoked the rebels by shooting Koza, or when he made sure to make the nuke cannon a time bomb.