Break Week So Mihawk is by far the best teacher in the series right?

I's still funny because it seems like taught Zoro a lot while teaching him very little.

Based on everything we know about his training and what Zoro have shown us I feel like his teaching method was tell Zoro then tell him to figure it out. Maybe with a few hints.

Think about it. He told Zoro about all 3 haki. He told Zoro he can make a swords unbreakable by adding CoA haki but didn't tell him that he was actually talking about forging a black blade or how it is achieved.

Last edited:
Mihawk likely "trained" zoro the same way Raileigh "trained" Luffy.

Make no mistake, Mihawk didnt teach his skills and stuff like that to Zoro he only gave Zoro basic guidance to controll and improve his haki....Dont forget, Zoro already had CoO, CoA and even CoC( if asura itself is that) way before anyone else in the crew, including even Luffy. Its only natural he had a bigger growth from the start of the TS when it comes to haki.

Koby is looking like a stud from what he looked like at the start of the series. No better guy to learn from than potentially one of the strongest in the verse in his prime, Garp. Plus the Marines actually teach and instruct recruits. However, Zoro came out of the post timeskip hiding all of this until now. So whatever Mihawk had Zoro do was very special. It was most likely some intense training and sparring but he should have explained to Zoro more about CoC and specific way to forge black blade. Judging by Zoro's scar, he went through some near death experiences. You dont lack balls tanking a yonko combined attack the way he did. So in regards to training, Zoro came out on top but I feel Mihawk is most likely not a great teacher. I could be wrong though.