Powers & Abilities Some of you guys are overthinking the Gorosei's immortality

You don’t think so? Why’s that?
i think "theyre just demons" is a simpler explanation than there being a secret 4th type of zoan thats even more mythical than a normal mythical zoan and it gives you immortality plus all the other benefits.

to me, film red wasn't canon by itself, but the concepts it introduced seem to be. the figarland family and shanks being a celestial dragon is what everyone pays attention to, but tot musica is just saying "demons are real in the one piece world". maybe devil fruits can be used to seal them away or summon them like how the uta uta no mi got used, but they're not devil fruit users themselves.

they probably regen like liches in D&D or something. imu is keeping their souls so they cant die until their soul/phylactery is destroyed
Post automatically merged:

I mean,
Doffy wasn’t the one who killed scarlet lmao
and it’s not like Saturn can go to prison, so yeah I think he needs to die

Nah it kinda is
They’ve gone out of their way to make it clear that Saturn is irredeemable and it doesn’t make sense for the arc to end with him getting let off the hook
yes it does. he is an endgame villain. blackbeard killed whitebeard and laughed in everyones face about ace and then just dipped.

Last edited:
Lol had to go on an errand for a bit sorry about taking a while

The thing is though that right now the only thing that really sets Saturn apart from the other Gorosei is his involvement in Kuma's and Bonney's lives. If you take him outside of the context of Egghead, he pretty much fulfills the same narrative role as the others. So I really don't see any reason for him to live past this arc, since this is pretty much going to be the only arc where he could reasonably be in a point of major gravitas. The other 4 Gorosei could fulfill the same narrative function after.

The only reason I might see Saturn living past this arc is if Bonney joins the crew, so he would be like an overarching personal nemesis to her or something.

What if at the end of the arc, Saturn gets so pissed at the Strawhats for what they did at Egghead that he decides to go after them on the Sunny, and then they knock him into the water which ends up killing him?
I don't think them escaping and Saturn dying are mutually exclusive
He's still not dying this is one piece after all

He's still not dying this is one piece after all
Oda's honestly been killing off a lot more characters recently

In Wano we had Orochi, Kanjuro, Doji, Yasuie, Absalom, and Izo

In Egghead we had Cobra, Vegapunk, T-Bone, Mjosgard, Shaka, Pythagoras, and Kuma (I personally think his death is going to stick).

Oda's honestly been killing off a lot more characters recently

In Wano we had Orochi, Kanjuro, Doji, Yasuie, Absalom, and Izo

In Egghead we had Cobra, Vegapunk, T-Bone, Mjosgard, Shaka, Pythagoras, and Kuma (I personally think his death is going to stick).
Notice how almost all of them are supporting characters instead of antagonists? It seems like to me he'll have the villains kill side characters in order to hype up the villains more.