Speculations Some Speculation on the future Doflamingo - Crocodile Alliance & their Final Resolution

Don't expect a detailed thread, its a bunch of thoughts I had while rereading bits of Dressrosa, Alabasta, Reverie, Marineford while smoking.
Doflamingo & Crocodile will be active players in the Final War, especially in Mariejoise.
They'll collide at some point, form a temporary alliance and go for the Heavenly Treasure. Obviously, they'll find high security and actively fight together (lowkey competing) and be the first to get to the Treasure (whatever it is). Info dump from Doffy included. Oda will dedicate to them a parallel plotline during this stage of the war, kinda like he's doing with the CP0.
At that point alliance will break (they try to backstab each others at the same time) and a 1v1 will start to decide who takes it all. Won't come to a conclusion tho, a third factor will enter the scene (Allies/Navy/WG/Revos/another party...) and shapeshift their next objectives for the later totality of the war.
I also think that they will be indirectly saved by Riku/Cobra somehow/in some circumstance, and that during the aftermath of the Final War Doflamingo & Crocodile will find themselves doing the walk of shame side by side in front of Dressrosa's & Alabasta's citizens, headed by Riku & Cobra (assuming he's alive). A double spread of Doflamingo & Crocodile walking straight toward the horizon which is massed with men, women, kids and elders all staring at them without speaking a word, not a single onomathopea, pure silence.
I think Oda will use this as one of those moments in which nothing is self-explenatory, Doflamingo & Crocodile won't smirk or fuck around and straight walk past them without saying a word. Only the drawings and the reader's perception will suggest if Doflamingo & Crocodile thoughts are of regret/disgust/gratitude/or something else. This will be cleared the next time we'll see them, the last, in which Oda will give us an idea of what their character resolution is in their final scene.
As for their resolution per se, well you tell me...
I know it's very vague, but do you see something like this being planned for them by Oda?

Instead of walk of shame it would be fitting if Luffy set them free upon the condition they work for the benefit of Dressrosa/Alabasta. And if they act up then Luffy, WSM and Pirate King would take them down himself. And even if he was busy WSS Zoro could do it, or Sanji

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’m not sure about being saved by the kings they wronged and I’m definitely not sure if Doflamingo is capable of feeling remorse for his actions. But I like the way you put it, would be some good closure as opposed to killing them or letting them fade away at the end of the story.

I really like this part though.
They'll collide at some point, form a temporary alliance and go for the Heavenly Treasure. Obviously, they'll find high security and actively fight together (lowkey competing) and be the first to get to the Treasure (whatever it is).
Doffy and Crocodile having an agenda and working in tandem for a shared goal is literally amazing. I’ve never heard of a theory for either of them for the final war that puts in the effort to give these Mavericks any kind of motivation.

I’m not sure about being saved by the kings they wronged and I’m definitely not sure if Doflamingo is capable of feeling remorse for his actions. But I like the way you put it, would be some good closure as opposed to killing them or letting them fade away at the end of the story.
Remorse is a big word for Doflamingo, who is a certified psychopath, but imo that depends on the identity of the Treasure, the secrets behind the Celestial Dragons etc.
I think that once he knows everything under the holy roots of his blood he will at least have a better understanding of everything, included the evil he caused.
The scene I imagined is more about aknolodging rather than regretting.

As for Crocodile, he's not less evil than Doflamingo but it's less about his blood and psyche and more about his gains and profits.
In a world like One Piece, I think he's a more redeemable person than Doflamingo.

Doffy and Crocodile having an agenda and working in tandem for a shared goal is literally amazing. I’ve never heard of a theory for either of them for the final war that puts in the effort to give these Mavericks any kind of motivation.
Doffy's revenge on the Celestial Dragon will happen: his childhood talks for itself, he's among the few who even know about the Treasure existence, hell his first introduction was him walking on the land that once was his home.
Imo its just a matter of connecting the dots.

The parallels and connections with Crocodile are a lot, everything points at the two of them collaborating at some point in the story.
And it will be dope.
Post automatically merged:

Instead of walk of shame it would be fitting if Luffy set them free upon the condition they work for the benefit of Dressrosa/Alabasta. And if they act up then Luffy, WSM and Pirate King would take them down himself. And even if he was busy WSS Zoro could do it, or Sanji
I think that's gonna be an unwritten rule for every pirate after the war: do whatever makes you happy, live free, sail the seas, but don't cause pain/evil/sufference or we are coming in every angle of this world to kick your ass.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I hope he will somehow escape Impel Down and that he was not assassinated foremostly 🧐

I hope Bon Chan shall also escape in the process and that he will reunite with Luffy

Someone who denies the Government tiranny should lend them a hand

They wouldn't have a full-fledged alliance but rather a mutual coalition. My prediction is that based on Doffy's words, he would kill every single Celestial Dragons in Mariejois. For Croc, he's probably gonna create a bigger organization than his previous to beat the world government.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
They wouldn't have a full-fledged alliance but rather a mutual coalition. My prediction is that based on Doffy's words, he would kill every single Celestial Dragons in Mariejois. For Croc, he's probably gonna create a bigger organization than his previous to beat the world government.
Doffy's wrath and desire of revenge will not be contained

They will never show up again in the main story besides reacting to what is happening in the world. Both characters had theirs plots compled, and they already proved that they are losers in the ladder for the top spot.

Pehaps Croco will take up Doffy place as the main underworld broker, but i doubt that he will get more than that. The most i can see of Doffy in the Final War is Mjosgard giving some info on the perspective of the Donquixote family about him.

They are cool characters and of course the fans would love to see them, but there arent many in story reason for that to happen. Doffy main objective in the story was to connect Luffy with Law, and Law with OpeOpe, Imu and the Marijoa Treasure, what was already done in the story

I guess this fits more to foreshadow Crocodile's CoC since he is not the one who would live under someone's else orders.

Different from Zoro, Killer, Rayleigh that are partners of their captains, Crocodile ask if Doffy wanted a partnership but in reallity he wanted Crocodile under his orders.