Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen Oda do this in the 17 years I have followed OP. He adds stuff when writing the arc, sure. But he always has a structure in mind.

Wano, feels like he had no structure in mind and kept swinging it.
it just seems that way because Wano is far bigger than any previous arc. No one complained when Oda added stuff due to ‘outside pressure’ like the Supernovas

I say this for the third time today I believe. Have you seen his last interview? He said if he wanted the last 20 years of OP would be filler within moments.

Dude doesn't care, milking money.
What killed me was the part where it was said that he wanted to make Wano longer and have more stuff going on, but cut it short so ending timing can match Red Movie release. Or was that fake news?

:suresure:

Where? It was NEVER brought up again, we never got the samurai, the scabbards or even Momo reacting to the Makami and what it meant to them, its just that 1 line and it came from the same villain who kept gaslighting her for 20 years, if that was supposed to be foreshadowing then Oda did it in the most retarded way possible
I'm not saying Oda did it properly, but it's not something we can just ignore in hopes of it not coming back again. Kaidou cherished that fruit because of what it meant as a protector of Wano and Yamato is seemingly staying in Wano for now; you may have thought of it as an absurd argument against recruiting him, but the fact here is that he didn't join and is still in the country.

Except protecting Wano is exactly what he wanted her to do, the only thing that changes is why she is doing it. At worse Kaido was MOSTLY right, wich is a terrible thing to have
We both know that Kaidou's idea of protecting Wano for him wasn't actually about protecting Wano. Let's not waste time with absurdities.

Her use of it is downright uninspired? She was just a weaker ice themed Kaido.

Compared to the reindeer using 7 transformations yeah her three transformations with minor ice abilities felt unimaginative
There's also the fact that what powerup would she get

She already has everything except for Awakening

And with how Oda wrote awakening, she isn't awakening The DF's of Wano's guardian if she abandons it

Tbh I doubt All three of Robin Chopper and Brook will get awakening either, most likely he will try to give one awakening, other Haki and the third a unique ability

:josad:First "Germa can't lose...kata will lose, Germa will escape on their own"
Now "Kata still took an L coz he let caesar save them"

Later on when kata fight intruders "I don't care.. Katakuri sucks, he will lose to them"
Then "Doesn't matter, he couldn't protect the RPs...whatever...."

:josad:

Also, another reason why I still think the guardian deity crap is bullshit, is because both Kaido and Luffy were refereed to as such in this arc, wich reinforced(at least to me) the idea that it was merely a symbolic thing and not a literal thing that she absolutely had to, then we got chapter 1055 where we get another reinforcement with Momo saying that HE will be the one protecting Wano no.....But it was all bullshit for film red

Hope next arc the SH meet Vivi again, she soo much better than Yamato, and her plotline is a clear connection to the war against the WG.

If the Revos rescued Kuma, they could use him to sendo her to the next Island the SH will go
I have to agree with you, Vivi>>Yamato.

I

Indigo

Hope next arc the SH meet Vivi again, she soo much better than Yamato, and her plotline is a clear connection to the war against the WG.

If the Revos rescued Kuma, they could use him to sendo her to the next Island the SH will go
I would like that too

but imo Vivi is captured by Im, they even had her photo

The marines and morgan just think she is missing, but they don't know about it

only Im and maybe Five Elders know

Status
Not open for further replies.