Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubblerust

Pantheos is going to delete my account soon, but I want to make a last minute post.

Some possibilities regarding the Yamato situation and my ass-pull guesstimate of their odds :

1. Oda never wanted Yamato as nakama, he wanted to tease us and maybe sell merchandise (40% probability)
2. He entertained Yamato as nakama but changed his mind and decided to sideline her (25%)
3. He had something else in mind for her (25%)
4. He still wants Yamato as nakama but not now (10%)

Although 1 is most likely, 3 is the only one where there are further possibilities to consider. Here are some:

- Yamato, Momo, and Kin'emon will appear in the final battle like cavalry to the rescue riding Pluton, flying the Straw Hat flag
- Yamato will travel Wano but then decide to stay and become its guardian
- She will travel Wano and gain followers like Oden, then set out with her own pirate crew
- She will hitch a ride with Luffy on the last leg of the journey

I don't know if any of these are personally satisfying to me. Oda has been pulling off this last-minute "just kidding" type of plot twists
more and more lately, and I find it quite jarring and hard to follow.

Cheers all.

C'était un plaisir.

---

P.S: Hats off to @CarrotForNakama , you were right all along.

B

Ballel

Pantheos is going to delete my account soon, but I want to make a last minute post.

Some possibilities regarding the Yamato situation and my ass-pull guesstimate of their odds :

1. Oda never wanted Yamato as nakama, he wanted to tease us and maybe sell merchandise (40% probability)
2. He entertained Yamato as nakama but changed his mind and decided to sideline her (25%)

Although 1 is most likely, 3 is the only one where there are further possibilities to consider. Here are some:

- Yamato, Momo, and Kin'emon will appear in the final battle like cavalry to the rescue, flying the Straw Hat flag
- She will travel Wano and gain followers like Oden, then set out with her own pirate crew

I don't know if any of these are personally satisfying to me. Oda has been pulling off this last-minute "just kidding" type of plot twists

Cheers all.

C'était un plaisir.

---

I think point 2 is more likely.
He cut her plot short so he can finish the series sooner.

Good luck in your life out there and bye🤗
Post automatically merged:

- Yamato, Momo, and Kin'emon will appear in the final battle like cavalry to the rescue riding Pluton, flying the Straw Hat flag

Cheers all.

C'était un plaisir.

---

Your probabilities are wrong. Your number 1, "Oda never wanted Yamato as nakama, he wanted to tease us and maybe sell merchandise" should have a probability of 99%.

Spoilers:

Before leaving, the clouds are grey, a Dragon is seen and it is Kaido. Kaido is very damaged and barely can fly.

Zoro jumps and cuts his head without using Emma.

ZKK confirmed at end... who would had thought?

In the end I’m just happy Jinbei is the last (core) straw hat, 10 main characters is enough members; Vivi/Karoo/Kinemon/Momo/Yamato will all sail with the straw hats again, probably on the actual voyage to get the one piece, I think Oda definitely set Yamato fans up for failure (as he also did with carrot) but in the end I’m just happy the story is moving on.

Also lol no ryuma grave for zoro, Oda definitely rushed the post arc a fair bit because editors probably wanted him to get started with the final saga, which I don’t love tbh.

Cheers all.

C'était un plaisir.

---

I would bet Yamato being the Shirahoshi equivalent for Pluton is the most likely scenario considering Yamato is an ancient name for Japan, the most famous battleship in the world is a Japanese one named Yamato, and Yamato's height is a pun on the length of said battleship (263cm, the ship was 263m)

Status
Not open for further replies.