Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
reread WCI and Wano in the last few days:
- i don’t understand the hate WCI gets: great story and plot, great villain, top character moments from the crew and others (pedro, even carrot); brook obviously the mvp.
- wano is objectively not as good as other arcs; the story seems to have changed during the narration, and hopefully this will push oda to avoid another 150 chapters long arc; there are some peak moments (franky and robin fights, gear 5, and oden’s flashback, rooftop 5 vs emperors), but bad things are all over the arc. It is evident that editors pushed Oda to prolong the story before rooftop, and that Oda himself cut some parts in the finale to end Wano.
Yamato character was managed awfully. Oden was portrayed to become a fan-favorite, but Oda failed imo.
- Reverie arc is peak fiction

3/10 but I still feel I'm being too generous and biased in a positive way, ironically lmfao.

#FuckWano
0/10.
Just because Oda lied. Compared it to Marineford. Hyped it up like for 10 years?
Wano this, Wano that.
A big fat L for those who were saying "wait the arc is not over yet".
"Wait, you are trying to look cool by hating on Oda".
"Look, the volume sales are doing great, your opinion dont matter".
"It will be better on re-read".
"You are not used to weekly manga schedule".
Oda is human, he need breaks, you cant appreciate his art 🤡

G

Gorosei Informer

0/10.
Just because Oda lied. Compared it to Marineford. Hyped it up like for 10 years?
Wano this, Wano that.
I wanna give it the same but the art style, Onigashima itself (the building not the arc), Yamatos DF, Kaido himself and gear 5 to some degree, as well as the Supernova awakenings etc keep it on a wavy/shaky 3 for me.

It's a 0/10 for me otherwise, same as you.

Very apt comments, we had to endure so much of that shameless Goda cult gaslighting and mental gymnastics for 4 fucking years.

An act that is as long as Dressrosa alone which already was too long as an arc by being 2 years long and the whole arc being 4 years long!
Wano was an entire series rather than just an arc!

At least with something like Tommy Wiseau's The Room, it could make you laugh on how awful it was but this was just depressing amd frustrating.
At least the amazing memes throughout kept us going but Wano genuinely felt like the narrative equivalent of our own IRL covid quarantine/lockdowns too.

Goda fans would feel grateful and even entitled if he actually let them kick his boots literally too.

0/10.
Wano this, Wano that.
MF was compared to final war, not Wano... That was clarified a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.