Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

@Pot Goblin @Shimotsuki Ghostly @Carrota Guco

this crate too heavy zoro been carrying it for 2 chapters :myman:
hmm wonder whats inside :choppawhat::kuzanshut:

Knowing Oda D Sadist it might be filled with literal carrots instead too lmfao.

I saw someone suggested with how much this arc is paralleling Alabasta apparently, that were gonna get a Robin joining moment but it's Drake in the crate, X Crate LMAO.

I wanna give it the same but the art style, Onigashima itself (the building not the arc), Yamatos DF, Kaido himself and ageae 5 to some degree, as well as the Supernova awakenings etc keep it on a wavy/shaky 3 for me.

It's a 0/10 for me otherwise, same as you.

Very apt comments, we had to endure so much of that shameless Goda cult gaslighting and mental gymnastics for 4 fucking years.

An act that is as long as Dressrosa alone which already was too long as an arc by being 2 years long and the whole arc being 4 years long!
Wano was an entire series rather thannjust an arc!

At least with something like Tommy Wiseau's The Room, it could make you laugh on how awful it was but this was just depressing amd frustrating.
At least the amazing memes throughout kept us going but Wano genuinely felt like the narrative equivalent of our own IRL covid quarantine/lockdowns too.

Goda fans would feel grateful and even entitled if he actually let them kick his boots literally too.
The reason is, we expect more from an experience mangaka. But that experienced mangaka say that, he is inspired by Tom and Jerry. He said, he is trying to bring back that lost art (looney tunes).
He is taking the easy way out. What happens when the artist distance himself from the art?
If he was inspired by looney tunes, why he didnt start chapter 1 with eye popping out, using wheels for running and other such effects?

I will accept mistakes from a starter, honest and hardworking mangaka, but Oda is none of that.

There were so many cringe moments in this arc that made me question Oda's credibility.

Remember, One Piece is a jewelry shop. We expect to find gems in it.

What you just said about flying 6 is like you are saying we found diamond in dirt.

For God' sake Oda, you have published 1,000+ chapters, you are not supposed to be fooling around at this stage.

"All foreigners are not dangerous, they are not all the same", but *hold their bag tightly when they see one "just in case"*

:milaugh:

Human natures... But I wonder if Oda did that in purpose to trigger the readers ? could be or maybe not lol
Man I remember whole immigrants travel to Europe modern times debate raging on YouTube comments since 2008. Lot of nasty comments to say about immigration. It apply to every country immigration laws.

Lots of countries have strict laws against immigration, the same people criticize usa for making strict immigration laws.
‘It goes both ways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.