Anime Discussion [Spring 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Rej

Year of the black beard!
The West: "Gimme that Isekai, Romance and Shounen greatness now!"
Japan: "Blue Archive undefeated top 1, preorder Blue-Ray's now. 100k viewers livestream, YUKICHI YUKICHI YUKICHI!"

It is Love Live all over again. You love to see it. :suresure:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Less than one week for Spy x Family: Code White to release in theaters in Bulgaria :steef:

Fingers crossed that it's either Eng Dub or Sub, else I'll have to try to understand it in JP by hearing it only lol

I was also shocked when I saw 1st place :endthis:
wait, it makes actually sense, wasn't it one of the first anime to air and it does have 3 episodes, so it is a natural result?

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Sad news: Yuri on Ice Movie gets cancelled by MAPPA.

Fuck MAPPA man. Now the chance of Zombie Land Saga movie getting canceled is higher than before.:shocked:
Translation: "Yuri on Ice wouldn't give us enough money as do the battle shounen series, as such the production comittee decided to cancel it and focus on CSM and JJK"

Btw, this might be a spoiler about KonoSuba Season 3 so if you don't want to get spoiled then don't open the spoiler box below:

Someone from Fanverse told me that Eris might have more screentime this season, not sure if it's true or not, if it is, I'm hyped!!

Eris is underrated and I want to see more of her.
Most watched Spring 2024 anime - Japanese Streaming (Abema Video + Nico Nico Douga)

Rich (BB code):
Ah yes, 7th Prince being at the top is totally not expected at all.:shocked:

A lot of people hate this anime because the MC looks too much like a little girl with exposed thighs lol. But Lloyd is actually pretty badass in the newest episodes so I'm not surprised this got 1st place.
After checking, it started airing on the 02/04, same date as Spice & Wolf Remake.
:josad: might be onto something
Yes, first episode came out on the same date as Spice and Wolf, Re:Monster, etc.

So it's one of the first animes that came out this spring so its popularity is high.
Translation: "Yuri on Ice wouldn't give us enough money as do the battle shounen series, as such the production comittee decided to cancel it and focus on CSM and JJK"
LMAAAOOOO!!!! Fax.:gokulaugh:

Yuri on Ice is actually one of the two anime that makes MAPPA successful as a company. To think that they would cancelled one of their greatest anime projects just to work on trendy anime like CSM and JJK is just baffling.

No wonder why the director of Yuri on Ice quits MAPPA.

Mashiro Blue

Btw, this might be a spoiler about KonoSuba Season 3 so if you don't want to get spoiled then don't open the spoiler box below:

Someone from Fanverse told me that Eris might have more screentime this season, not sure if it's true or not, if it is, I'm hyped!!

Eris is underrated and I want to see more of her.

Ah yes, 7th Prince being at the top is totally not expected at all.:shocked:

A lot of people hate this anime because the MC looks too much like a little girl with exposed thighs lol. But Lloyd is actually pretty badass in the newest episodes so I'm not surprised this got 1st place.

Yes, first episode came out on the same date as Spice and Wolf, Re:Monster, etc.

So it's one of the first animes that came out this spring so its popularity is high.
Tbh the anime sounds like your usual gibberish Isekai. I didn't even thought about watching it.
LMAAAOOOO!!!! Fax.:gokulaugh:

Yuri on Ice is actually one of the two anime that makes MAPPA successful as a company. To think that they would cancelled one of their greatest anime projects just to work on trendy anime like CSM and JJK is just baffling.

No wonder why the director of Yuri on Ice quits MAPPA.
Yeah MAPPA for me is the worst anime studio there is. No pleasure, just business. They only care about money and nothing else. The opposite of KyoAni for example.

However, they're what I call a necessary evil to spread anime throughout the World and make it more popular. Like a fast food chain.

Tbh the anime sounds like your usual gibberish Isekai. I didn't even thought about watching it.
It is. But I'm just watching it for the waifus lol.
Yeah MAPPA for me is the worst anime studio there is. No pleasure, just business. They only care about money and nothing else. The opposite of KyoAni for example.

However, they're what I call a necessary evil to spread anime throughout the World and make it more popular. Like a fast food chain.
Yup. MAPPA is the sweatshop of anime industry. Workers/Animators barely get minimum wage, they work overtime without or barely sleep at all and they don't even get to go home to see their family and kids lol.

All because of the greed of CEOs and higher-ups.

Mashiro Blue

Yup. MAPPA is the sweatshop of anime industry. Workers/Animators barely get minimum wage, they work overtime without or barely sleep at all and they don't even get to go home to see their family and kids lol.

All because of the greed of CEOs and higher-ups.
Sounds like the dream company to work at. Modern time slavery. CEO be like "Leisure time is overrated"

About Konosuba. I don't think it qualifies as spoiler the screentime of a character, but idk what others think.

I guess it's a given that Eris gonna get more screenstime. This is her intro arc and she's not a minor character. But I know this because of Konosuba's gacha game lol

Sounds like the dream company to work at. Modern time slavery. CEO be like "Leisure time is overrated"

About Konosuba. I don't think it qualifies as spoiler the screentime of a character, but idk what others think.

I guess it's a given that Eris gonna get more screenstime. This is her intro arc and she's not a minor character. But I know this because of Konosuba's gacha game lol
Foreign animators like Vincent Chansard (Idk if you have heard of him or not but he does One Piece and My Hero Academia) blacklisted MAPPA and says that he doesn't want to work with them ever again Lmao.

As for KonoSuba:
Aye. I thought you're a LN reader of it. Nice that you got info from the game lol.

I'm hyped for Eris man.

Mashiro Blue

Foreign animators like Vincent Chansard (Idk if you have heard of him or not but he does One Piece and My Hero Academia) blacklisted MAPPA and says that he doesn't want to work with them ever again Lmao.
Sounds about right. I wouldn't want to work with them either if I was an animator. But then again I'm not a fan of battle shounen like some animators might be.

Another thing is that casual viewers don't know about what MAPPA does so they get away with those things, wich is a vast chunk of viewers lol.

As for KonoSuba:
Aye. I thought you're a LN reader of it. Nice that you got info from the game lol.

I'm hyped for Eris man.
She might jump to 2nd place from my Konosuba favs. Hyped as well bro.