Versus Battle SSJ vs G5

R1: Better? R2: You like more? R3: Better executed? R4: More iconic? R5: More hype?

• Total voters
I really don't know why I should. Everyone here is blinded by nostalgia. They don't care about the story at all. I would only talk to walls.
What story? I explained it in story telling terms.

G5 was introduced through a cliche moment.
And all of its reveal was done through bait-and-switch method.

That's it. There is no other deeper meaning to it. Stop being a pseudo-intellectual.

No

And no

Nothing pseudointellectual here shishishi
You are also a liar!

Some examples of cliché plot twist ideas include:

• The antagonist was really the protagonist’s father.
  • None of it ever happened because it was just a dream.
  • There was only ever one hero that could save the day, and it turns out it’s the protagonist.
  • Someone faked their death and returned later to save the day.
Your response;
1. I don't see how all of this is applying to Luffy
2. A cliche is not necessaraly a bad thing when used rightly.

> Who else could defeat Kaido?
Kid? Law? Zoro? None of them.

> Didnt Oda created a fake death scenario for Luffy? And later came back to save the day.

How cliche is not a bad thing?

According to UNC Writing Center:

By using a cliché, you're telling your reader that you lack originality, making them want to yawn and stop reading your paper. Clichés make your writing and argument interchangeable with anybody else's. Make sure that your argument and writing are specific to you and your writing task. Clichés are vague.

And if you analyze G5 and Kaido vs Luffy, you will see that it lacked originality, i.e., it was cliche through and through.

There was only ever one hero that could save the day, and it turns out it’s the protagonist
Shanks could also saved the day so this doesn't really apply here. Luffy is just a hero because he is there.
Someone faked their death and returned later to save the day.
I didn't see Luffy faked his death, he actually died.

So my reply still stands.

By using a cliché, you're telling your reader that you lack originality, making them want to yawn and stop reading your paper. Clichés make your writing and argument interchangeable with anybody else's. Make sure that your argument and writing are specific to you and your writing task. Clichés are vague.
Question:

Is the Dark Vador being Luke's father a bad revelation ?

But again, there is no cliche in Luffy's transformation

Shanks could also saved the day so this doesn't really apply here. Luffy is just a hero because he is there.

I didn't see Luffy faked his death, he actually died.

So my reply still stands.

Question:

Is the Dark Vador being Luke's father a bad revelation ?

But again, there is no cliche in Luffy's transformation
If Shanks could do it, he would have done it years ago for killing Oden and enslaving whole Wano.
Plus, you are forgetting Toki's prophecy about Luffy's arrival in 20 years.
Likewise, Roger also could not get OP because he needed to wait another 20 years.
Kaido also implied he was waiting for Joyboy.

So yeah, it was a cliche.

If he didnt fake his death, why was he able to come back? Without any consequences?

Hell, DBZ is better in this regard. They have to summon Shenron through dragon balls.
But Luffy? Hey heart, please beat faster, I cant afford to lose here.

This episode is VERY POORLY directed

tf, why didn’t they get any of the good directors for this?

It’s just a bunch of wobbly animation and cartoon sfx…. Nothing is clear… weird clip show in the middle… They shouldn’t have included Orochi… reused animation

and of course the way it was poorly written in the manga is still here in the anime too

6/10

If Shanks could do it, he would have done it years ago for killing Oden and enslaving whole Wano.
You really thinks too highly of Shanks bro.

So yeah, it was a cliche.
Still no cliche here

Hell, DBZ is better in this regard. They have to summon Shenron through dragon balls.
But Luffy? Hey heart, please beat faster, I cant afford to lose here
lol

It’s just a bunch of wobbly animation and cartoon sfx…. Nothing is clear… weird clip show in the middle… They shouldn’t have included Orochi… reused animation
I actually agree on that even tho I liked the episode, they overdid it a bit lmao

There are some narrative facts that can't be ignored if you lot had read at least one book about storytelling. G5 is the best plot twist ever created in the world of fiction.
Anyone who disagrees with me is a stupid monkey, loser and OP hater :pepecopium:
That is how people shits on Luffy. So why to bother with sane logic towards shitposters.

Dont give a damn about SSJ, G5 rocks.

Lol, no denial, just a little bit sad that you guys are missing such an amazing development because you think you can analyse a story better than a writer can write it.
Is this not what you did in your original post?

While the writer's story fits criteria of cliche and bait-and-switch type story telling, you are defending it and calling it a masterpiece.

G5 on hype solely because internet wasn’t a thing during SSJ.
Even ultra Instinct broke the internet. SSJ would’ve done even better with all the emotional story yelling behind it.
Debatable

Is this not what you did in your original post?
No. I do not have the ego to think I know better than Oda on his story, in fact I'm sure I missed a lot of things. But I'm sure of what I didn't miss.

Debatable

No. I do not have the ego to think I know better than Oda on his story, in fact I'm sure I missed a lot of things. But I'm sure of what I didn't miss.
Stop making yourself a laughing stock.

Here is what you said earlier:

I do not care of the statement of Oda on his story, I'm only analysing if the story works or not. You should know that by now with me.

Now you are saying that I dont have ego and Oda know better.

Well honestly, yeah. Oda know better than you that's why he dont defend his cliche writing whenever he comes to an interview and frankly says that I came up with this shit 10 chapters ago.

I do not care of the statement of Oda on his story, I'm only analysing if the story works or not. You should know that by now with me.

Now you are saying that I dont have ego and Oda know better.
Yes he knows better, that doesn't mean I have to listen to interviews where he tries to be humble, those are bias on the spot, worthless in term of storytelling documentation (beside exceptions of course).

All I know from his work is his story. That's the only thing that we must listen with care.

Yes he knows better, that doesn't mean I have to listen to interviews where he tries to be humble, those are bias on the spot, worthless in term of storytelling documentation (beside exceptions of course).

All I know from his work is his story. That's the only thing that we must listen with care.
He knows better
But I dont have to listen to him
Because I like his story
My ego tells me I should defend it no matter what
But forgets that if Oda is being humble, why your pseudo-intellectual @ss cant do the same?

He knows better
But I dont have to listen to him
Because I like his story
My ego tells me I should defend it no matter what
But forgets that if Oda is being humble, why your pseudo-intellectual @ss cant do the same?
I don't defend One Piece on its representation of woman so you are wrong sorry.