Powers & Abilities Stop disrespecting Sanji. His power up makes sense and there is nothing wrong with it.

What do you guys think about Sanji's power up

• Total voters
Not the appropriate thread for that but I think King lower end of mid diffs Queen and that counts as significantly stronger. I think even Katakuri is significantly stronger than Smoothie but gap between Queen and king is even wider.
Okey sorry but that is cap... Oda is constantly showing them to be close,
remember headcanon < oda, manga comes first then headcanon is welcomed

Okey sorry but that is cap... Oda is constantly showing them to be close,
remember headcanon < oda, manga comes first then headcanon is welcomed
That's certainly not true
While Queen was completely out classed by Marco King defeated Marco in the base.

King was the only one to damage Marco on panel too where he took half his body off and gave him lasting bruise only other person to do so is Garp.

King's casual AoE attack had Queen scared of getting cut.

King is significantly faster, significantly more lethal, significantly more durable and significantly stronger physically.

That's feat wise

Portrayal wise
Oda has called King Supreme leader of scabbards
His bounty is higher than Queens and even higher than Marco's
Oda has said in DB that King is strongest second only to Kaido in the crew

If I can be unbiased an appreciate sanji for he is, the least you guys can do is drop the bias. Two people standing next to each other is not portrayal of equality otherwise mora = Mihawk in MF.
Post automatically merged:

I am still being very fair and saying King won't straight up low diff him, it would be a mid diff fight.

While king was supposed to "defeat" marco when Quenn was fighting chopper and samourais, Marco appears out off nowhere to help chopper get a strike on Queen (2 on 1) that mean that King probably got sent flying again by marco for him to be able to assist chopper against Queen... Marco was even reacting to their fight constantly.... Queen can get back up as fast as King from marco's name attacks, so i don't see a problem there... Queen vs marco wasn't using his hybrid neither his tech...

While king was supposed to "defeat" marco when Quenn was fighting chopper and samourais, Marco appears out off nowhere to help chopper get a strike on Queen (2 on 1) that mean that King probably got sent flying again by marco for him to be able to assist chopper against Queen... Marco was even reacting to their fight constantly.... Queen can get back up as fast as King from marco's name attacks, so i don't see a problem there... Queen vs marco wasn't using his hybrid neither his tech...
Not a King/Queen thread, discuss it in the King/Queen thread.

Not a King/Queen thread, discuss it in the King/Queen thread.
Yeah u right but i really do think from what we have for the moment and their dynamic, you can't deny that they are close (why would oda make their bounty this close too, bounty isn't everything but it sure helps oda rank people especially in a crew all about meritocracy)

So I'll be honest for me at least despite all the shit I have been talking about Sanji lately, in chapter 1028 Sanji was genuinely impressive. Especially this panel right there, Sanji looked like a genuine alpha male out here and look at Queen's face, man knows he fucked up

And this to me is genuinely one of the best skin durability feat in the series because Kaido was hyped for blades breaking on his body and who else would have blades break on them without Haki? Big Mom? Sanji genuinely has one of the most durable skins in the series now. On top of it he got the regeneration and improve attack power which will keep on improving during the fight as his lunara DNA kicks in.

Perhaps the biggest power up we have seen in the series but now people are shit talking Sanji for several reasons.

"Its an asspull"
"It destroys Sanji's character"

THE ASS PULL CONUNDRUM
A lot of people got a problem with this because its an asspull? Well then what is Luffy unlocking some how Godly attacking ability, somehow conqueror's Haki that was only meant to an ability to put your will on opponents much weaker than you by Oda's own SBS and Rayleigh's words some how can be used to fight strongest characters now.
"It can only be used by handful of powerful individuals"
Did Luffy have some training to start using it seamlessly with his punches and kicks? Did this ability not come out of no where? Did Oda ever mentioned advanced Conqueror's Haki attacks before?

What about the fact that now Zoro can use it too and this ability is the only reason why Oden and Zoro scarred Kaido although Kaido had been hyping up "Oden's Ryou" all this time?

Did Mihawk teach Zoro advanced Conqueror's Haki? He used it out of no where too right, I mean granted he wasn't aware of what it is but Sanji is also in a similar situation, I'll get back to it.

But talking about asspulls, what about Ashura itself when he revealed it in Enies Lobby? Where did that demon come from? Is Zoro a Jinchuriki now? Did Zoro's dad Shimotsuki Hostage fight Ashura and then sealed it inside Zoro? Did we get explanation for that?

And these are prominent ones, there are many other, and genuinely majority of major power ups come out of now where then why are we shitting on Sanji for doing the same?
But reality is that Sanji's exoskeleton isn't even an asspull, the modification was done to him and it is explained that him wearing the raid suit several times played as the catalyst for the activation of that exoskeleton. Its not even a total asspull, Oda actually planted seeds for it with Sanji's body feeling a bit different to himself in chapter.
And obviously we have known about Germa modifications on Sanji since WCI.

And I am not saying its some masterpiece impeccable writing from Oda, quite franky Oda was never capable of that to begin with. I am just saying don't shit on it only cuz its Sanji, keep the same energy with him that ya'll would keep with other characters.

DOES IT REALLY DESTROY SANJI"S CHARACTER
So this matter is a bit complex as disconnect comes from the fact that the genetic modification that Sanji deplores, from the family that has tortured him as a kid and ruined his early child hood is his saving grace in his biggest fight thus far.

Again an entire character thread can be made discussing this matter but I'll just keep it brief here and try to make sense.
We need to look at Sanji's character development and the story Oda was trying to tell with Germa here
This is an archetypical story of overcoming the trauma of child hood and getting over the insecurities and PTSDs. Sanji had one lose end of his life, one form of chaos that he had deep buried within himself, and due to that chaos he only had hatred for his family. But it was still a lose end of his life, he never confronted his insecurity until Zou when he finally decided to tighten that lose end and confront his father.

And the end of whole cake Island was him making peace with that insecurity, he has made spiritual progress by confronting his trauma and forgiving the source that caused it. He does not despise his family anymore.

But then what about the fact that he told them he would get stronger on his own skill and not their technology.
Well there comes to moral dilemma which would further evolve his character, he decided to use Raid Suit because it was a choice between Sanji's own ego (and ego is not always a bad thing depending on how you define ego) and his moral responsibility to protect the town. He chose to get over his ego and wear a raid suit to fight Page one.
Just like that now we know Sanji is against the exoskeleton, he isn't all happy go lucky accepting his new abilities, he literally stated his discomfort with his growing power rooting to Germa.
Now going forward he will need to make another choice between his ego to become stronger on his own skill and moral responsibility of defeating a commander and protecting his crew and the alliance and he will make that decision.

I honestly don't think the story being told is that bad and its certainly better than anything that is going on with Luffy in my opinion who is downright unbearable.

NOW NOW..now that I have addressed the criticisms, let me just add the power up actually connects the missing pieces and makes sense from the power scaling perspective rather than just making it a run down power creep fight like some of the toppi robbo fights.

SANJI's MASSIVE POWER UP MAKES PERFECT SENSE
So despite what Sanji fans would tell you Sanji was not on the level of 2nd commander, not even close and that makes sense due to several combat situations that Sanji has been in which shows his limits.

I am not here to break down these fights completely, I have already done them in my previous threads so I'll keep it very brief and I am not bout to go look for panels again, if you doubt anything I say or think am providing false info, lmk and I'll share the panel then.

SANJI vs VERGO
No matter how we look at it Sanji didn't look superior fighter to Vergo here, generously Sanji was same level as Vergo
-Vergo was fighting in Sanji's own fighting style
-Vergo never used his Rokoshiki offense
-Never used his bamboo
-No Koka use
-No Full Body Haki use
-No named attack
-Sanji had debatable nerf on him
-Sanji used DJ and named attack

Even then I can generously say Sanji was at best same level as Vergo, certainly not stronger

SANJI vs DOFLAMINGO
This fight was a complete wash in Doffy's favor
-Doffy is easily reacting to all Sanji attacks
-Laughed and cut him with multi color thread Sanji unable to dodge or block
-Blocked Sanji's DJ with his coat while laughing
-Then parasited him in two seconds
Sanji here is certainly not on King's level

Low diff for Doffy

SANJI vs KING
Now King is significantly stronger than Queen but this is raid suit Sanji, significantly stronger than Base Sanji
-Sanji's invisibility was a non factor here
-Despite his durable suit Sanji feels pain when their kicks clash
-King uses no named attack
-Sanji was scared for his life
-Sanji was dropped and was shown recovering after King has already left
-King could choke sanji mid fight
This was also a low diff win for King here and Sanji in raid suit is certainly not on King's level

So for Sanji to be able to defeat Queen just like that who is at least a mid diff fight for King if not more without even raid suit would be nothing short of an an asspull. But it made sense as Queen himself had defeated Sanji easily and he would have broken all his bones had Queen not shot himself and at that point Sanji's power up started kicking in

This gives the impression that Sanji was a good deal weaker than Queen and incapable of defeating him prior to power up. Queen has also been shown looking down on Sanji's offense even while he was getting his lunara power up which his power will continue to grow now so he can have AP to put Queen down finally.

To me Sanji went from veteran level character to solid commander level with this power up and by the time lunara power up completes and Sanji has sufficient attack power, he would be in range of first commanders.

TO CONCLUDE
I just wanted to put this out there, Sanji has been getting unnecessarily disrespected when Oda has finally done something good with Sanji and for once he looks genuinely strong and it makes sense some what too. We were complaining about Sanji getting ass pull strong enough to defeat Queen but turns out he isn't and he gets power up and his power up has build up from previous arc and it all makes sense. Oda would need to connect dots with Lunara power soon tho but that would probably have to do with Sanji's mom.

I like some of the things you point out but plz don't try & downplay my boy, bruh Sanji was nerf against vergo & even then a healthy vergo got own the first round & after getting his leg crack vergo still couldn't put him down even after getting serious df,

Against Mingo he only got low diff because no knowledge of his DF now I'm not saying he would because Mingo was even beating Luffy but U know he would have push me to high diff he never has the chance to go all out,
Against king so sanji never felt pain while clashing nor was he scared pz stop with the bs king only knew sanji was the there because momo was floating & childs don't fly he attack randomly & he was only able to grab Sanji throat because Sanji was focus on in courage in momo Sanji gave to shots about king & the attack king use was a deadly attack that was supposed to kill him but fail horribly lol but you do have some nice point