Discussion Power Strongest Gotei 13 line up

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Who are the 13 strongest captains or captain commanders ever ?

make the 13 strongest line up Gotei 13. No need to care about division speciality.

let’s go !

(no division 0 allowed if they weren’t captains before hand)

@Seth @Jiihad @TheAncientCenturion @PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @NikaInParis @Garp the Fist @T2K Baka @Golden Garp @Don DaSlayer @Akagame @ZenZu @Bepo @SkySanji @Dark Admiral @MonochromeYoru @Surgeon of death @Playa4321 @Kejon @MonsterKaido @Haoshoku @Don't Mind Me @Shisui etc etc

I'll give it a shot for a few of them (haven,t read the novels):
Aizen - one of 5 special threats named by Aizen; all around OP

Yamamoto - with both arms and with the four directional Zanka no Tachi

Zaraki - Bankai, is Kenpachi

Unohana - was Kenpachi, killed Zaraki dozens of times while she was training him

Urahara - one of 5 special threats, more resourceful than Mayuri

So that's 5 lol
Ig I'd put Byakuya there as well but I'm at a loss on who would be next. Idk anything about the og 13

So not counting Ichibei and Oetsu

1. Yamamoto
2. Senjumaru
3. Gin
4. Kirinji
5. Aizen
6. Byakuya
7. Renji
8. Shunsui
9. Mayuri
10. Prime Hitsugaya, probably
11. Kenpachi
12. Urahara
13. Hifune

I didn’t put any of the novel people cause I can’t really remember anythign about it other than a lot of them being stupid broken.

Ukitake didn’t make cause we didn’t see his Bankai plus his illness.

Unohana not being there might be controversial.

Renji being there is probably controversial as well but he did get Royal Guard training and take part in the final fight with Ywach.

Yes, both Urahara and Mayuri get in for sheer stupid science bullshit.

Would have liked to put in Isshin but alas, not sure it can be justified.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Btw what was special about Azashiro? He is from the LN right?
He basically unlocked a shikai/bankai at once. His bankai lets him merge with air, with soul society itself, etc and be immune to direct harm. Azashiro killed a Royal Guard level Kenpachi (albeit he didn't use bankai) to become Kenpachi.

When he rebelled, none of the Gotei 13 200 years ago could even touch him. Squad 0 came in and he surrendered due to thinking they were acting on the Soul King's orders.

With his bankai, he can absorb multiple gigai bodies and due dozens if not hundreds of chants at the same time. He can merge with people and control their bodies, he can materialize his zanpakuto and other weapons to fight you at a disadvantage. He's the guy who took off most of Aizen's bindings pre-war, which shocked Shunsui.

His shikai funnels all the reiatsu that Azashiro was fused with into his zanpakuto.

He lost to Zaraki who was on Vasto Lorde Ichigo's level.

He basically unlocked a shikai/bankai at once. His bankai lets him merge with air, with soul society itself, etc and be immune to direct harm. Azashiro killed a Royal Guard level Kenpachi (albeit he didn't use bankai) to become Kenpachi.

When he rebelled, none of the Gotei 13 200 years ago could even touch him. Squad 0 came in and he surrendered due to thinking they were acting on the Soul King's orders.

With his bankai, he can absorb multiple gigai bodies and due dozens if not hundreds of chants at the same time. He can merge with people and control their bodies, he can materialize his zanpakuto and other weapons to fight you at a disadvantage. He's the guy who took off most of Aizen's bindings pre-war, which shocked Shunsui.

His shikai funnels all the reiatsu that Azashiro was fused with into his zanpakuto.

He lost to Zaraki who was on Vasto Lorde Ichigo's level.
He took Aizen's bindings off?
Idk how to feel about that tbh. On one hand I'd have liked for that to be mentioned in the manga (don:t remember that being the case). On the other, Aizen doing that himslef through Aizen fuckery felt very Bleachy so I went with that at first.

Also, his abilities are hella broken wtf. Could he have theoretically beaten Squad 0? Since he couldn't be touched

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
He took Aizen's bindings off?
Idk how to feel about that tbh. On one hand I'd have liked for that to be mentioned in the manga (don:t remember that being the case). On the other, Aizen doing that himslef through Aizen fuckery felt very Bleachy so I went with that at first.

Also, his abilities are hella broken wtf. Could he have theoretically beaten Squad 0? Since he couldn't be touched
His life sentence was only 500 years lesser than Aizen's too and Aizen himself said Azashiro was immune to KS due to his bankai.

Dude's soft canon due to Kubo being consistent with the binding removal from the novel and I think he'd of been defeated by Ichibe or Oetsu. No idea how for Oetsu, but Azashiro is more in line with an Unohana level character with a lot of hax.

His whole rebellion was kinda cool ngl. His family was minor nobility and all of'em were forced into the hollow pits, he watched them get eaten, unlocked his bankai then killed hollows/nobles alike. Later when he's a captain, he intended to lobotimize humanity with his bankai to prevent them from turning into hollows then lead an army into Hueco Mundo to exterminate hollows.

Woulda made a good timeskip villain imo

His life sentence was only 500 years lesser than Aizen's too and Aizen himself said Azashiro was immune to KS due to his bankai.

Dude's soft canon due to Kubo being consistent with the binding removal from the novel and I think he'd of been defeated by Ichibe or Oetsu. No idea how for Oetsu, but Azashiro is more in line with an Unohana level character with a lot of hax.
While you're active in this thread:
Are the light novels worth it?
And how canon are they? You can also give your personal opinion on which one's are worth reading and why, if you don't mind