Discussion Power Strongest Gotei 13 line up

The 13 are ranked in order of their overall power (although some lower ones can win against higher ones via match-up), and not squad number:

Mayuri can possibly be a lot higher with right prep time. This is just judging his basic combat abilities.

1. Genryūsai Yamamoto
  2. Zaraki Kenpachi
  3. Hitsugaya Tōshirō (Adult Form)
  4. Urahara Kisuke
  5. Shinigami Aizen (Could be higher)
  6. Shunsui Kyōraku
  7. Kuchiki Byakuya
  8. Healthy Ukitake (Assuming he's somewhat close to Kyoraku)
  9. Kurosaki Isshin
  10. Tenjirō Kirinji
  11. Kirio Hikifune
  12. Retsu Unohana
  13. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
Hikifune and Tenjiro are featless, but are placed that high because of their portrayal. Tenjiro is above Hikifune as he's older and was promoted much sooner (also has bit more showings, casually blitzing Soi Fon).

Idk if Gin makes it. No idea who I can possibly replace. He might make a case for being above Mayuri in combat, but when prep and other advantages of having him are taken into account, Gin doesn't even come close.

The 13 are ranked in order of their overall power (although some lower ones can win against higher ones via match-up), and not squad number:

Mayuri can possibly be a lot higher with right prep time. This is just judging his basic combat abilities.

1. Genryūsai Yamamoto
  2. Zaraki Kenpachi
  3. Hitsugaya Tōshirō (Adult Form)
  4. Urahara Kisuke
  5. Shinigami Aizen (Could be higher)
  6. Shunsui Kyōraku
  7. Kuchiki Byakuya
  8. Healthy Ukitake (Assuming he's somewhat close to Kyoraku)
  9. Kurosaki Isshin
  10. Tenjirō Kirinji
  11. Kirio Hikifune
  12. Retsu Unohana
  13. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
Hikifune and Tenjiro are featless, but are placed that high because of their portrayal. Tenjiro is above Hikifune as he's older and was promoted much sooner (also has bit more showings, casually blitzing Soi Fon).

Idk if Gin makes it. No idea who I can possibly replace. He might make a case for being above Mayuri in combat, but when prep and other advantages of having him are taken into account, Gin doesn't even come close.
Urahara too high. His bankai can be dodged by going out of it's range

Other than Zaraki and Adult Toshiro it is arguable. With the best case being made for Kyoraku.
Shunsui Bankai hax is just too good for him to be under Unohana, even if she surpasses him statistically. The ability to just go in a state where you can't be hurt which will eventually result in the death of your opponent- even if they're intangible. Kind of absurd.

You'd need to either just one-shot him before he enters Bankai (Kenpachi) or somehow manage to simply outhax his Bankai (Toshiro).

Though on other note, you don't think Byakuya is above Unohana?

Adult Hitsugaya smokes a whole pack of Kenpachi before breakfast
Adult Toshiro is criminally underrated tbh

He's easily one of the strongest Captains in Gotei history

Ability negation (disgustingly broken), dura negation (he cut Hoffnung in a single swing), can freeze pretty much anything including elements (energy, fire, lightning, you name it), has Yama's version of the weird flame cloak thing so most people can't even hit him, he can fly, etc

Prime Toshiro (assuming he can access his true bankai instantly) is disgusting to even think about

Adult Toshiro is criminally underrated tbh

He's easily one of the strongest Captains in Gotei history

Ability negation (disgustingly broken), dura negation (he cut Hoffnung in a single swing), can freeze pretty much anything including elements (energy, fire, lightning, you name it), has Yama's version of the weird flame cloak thing so most people can't even hit him, he can fly, etc

Prime Toshiro (assuming he can access his true bankai instantly) is disgusting to even think about
Toshiro is underrated in general. Even if we say Hitsugaya starts in kid mode and can only go Adult only after the flowers has fallen, very few can beat him in that small time.

He can tank couple indirect and somewhat direct hits from Vollstandig Gerard, who is stronger than Shikai Kenpachi

He was fast enough that pre-vollstandig Gerard couldn't tag him even once. Also fast enough to intercept Kenpachi (not strong enough, as Kenpachi held back, but certainly fast enough) before he could attack Gerard.

And he can casually flash create ice large enough to immediately cover a huge area and support a decent section of Soul Society:

Extremely few people will be able to loldefeat him before he can reach his Adult Form. For instance, don't see Unohana managing to bring him down that quickly, specially as he can freeze blood easily and make it a ranged battle.

Shunsui Bankai hax is just too good for him to be under Unohana, even if she surpasses him statistically. The ability to just go in a state where you can't be hurt which will eventually result in the death of your opponent- even if they're intangible. Kind of absurd.

You'd need to either just one-shot him before he enters Bankai (Kenpachi) or somehow manage to simply outhax his Bankai (Toshiro).

Though on other note, you don't think Byakuya is above Unohana?
I see the case for Kyoraku, matchup-wise he wins more times than not due to his hax. Byakuya I think of similarly to Kyoraku, both are pretty much on the same tier of Unohana for me.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Hitsugaya is literal trash outside of Adult Form. An L magnet. Has to be among the weakest captains in history. But tbf he is still a child so it adds up. Any of the other Captain's were prob much weaker than he was at his age.

He doesn't last 2 seconds against Unohana.

Hitsugaya is literal trash outside of Adult Form. An L magnet. Has to be among the weakest captains in history. But tbf he is still a child so it adds up. Any of the other Captain's were prob much weaker than he was at his age.

He doesn't last 2 seconds against Unohana.
He’s strong in Kid form too wdym?

Among the weakest captains? You have to be joking

You can’t name more than a handful of captains that could drop him in a 1 on 1

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
He’s strong in Kid form too wdym?

Among the weakest captains? You have to be joking

You can’t name more than a handful of captains that could drop him in a 1 on 1
Lmao I can't even think of any Captain past or present decisively weaker than Kid Hitsugaya. Maybe a couple of those Vizard scrubs like Rose at best.

"Handful" dkm

Lmao I can't even think of any Captain past or present decisively weaker than Kid Hitsugaya. Maybe a couple of those Vizard scrubs like Rose at best.

"Handful" dkm
Rose, Kensei, Isane, Tosen, Komamura, Iba, Rukia, Lisa

Soi Fon, Shinji, and Byakuya are debatable

Dunno how strong Isshin is, Mayuri is almost impossible to scale to any one opponent since he has X amount of prep done before every fight

Toshiro is a mid tier Captain at worst