Questions & Mysteries Sulong and the moon

This panel of Jinbe explaining has really got me thinking on a few things pertaining to the minks and the moon, especially considering where the last chapter ended off -

Now this could mean 2 things-

• This could be a simple homage to the giant ape transformation from Dbz where recessive genes are just reactivated from looking at the full moon, turn them feral and kick their body into overdrive

• There's deeply embedded memories at play here at least to some capacity. With those memories being of the Minks' battle against the 20 great kingdoms (WG now) during the void century. The moon's involvement here could be a nod to the heavy references we've had to the suffix (-tsuki) in the names of the clans of Wano (barring Kurozumi) and the intrinsic hints we've had on the connections between the ancient kingdom and the moon up until this point.
An expansion to the bigger question at hand here- would Oda decide to drop some moon lore on us in this arc? I feel like with the heavy references towards the moon leading up to this point coupled with the fact that Oda has to begin wrapping up these overarching plot points just looming in the background and the end of this arc feels like an apt place to do just that.

But, obviously it is better to temper expectations as I've made that mistake once with the Oden flashback.

Last edited:
The Minks have been on Zou before the Void Century though
It's not about them being from the moon but that there could be other factors contributing to why they can transform while looking at the moon.
Those factors in turn could be the ancient kingdom's/kozuki clans connection to the moon. Also, it's not like the minks couldn't exist before Zunisha.

Last edited:
I think it is indeed a homage to DBZ but the memories might be that of their wild animal past something made them what they are now maybe a genetic mutation by the people of the ancient kingdom or they might be an alien race that cursed down to earth and that would sustain even further the DBZ homage

I think it is indeed a homage to DBZ but the memories might be that of their wild animal past something made them what they are now maybe a genetic mutation by the people of the ancient kingdom or they might be an alien race that cursed down to earth and that would sustain even further the DBZ homage
Imagine if the minks initially were pets/allies of Birkans which would explain their proficiency in using electro considering that they (the Birkans) based their city to be operated through electric discharge. There's a lot to be unpacked here.

I think moon was where the minks live. Their original form is sulong. But back then their ancestor had a war and the memories of it is inherited. Untrained minks could not contain their anger, they lost control.

When minks live on earth they undergo a domestication

Imagine if the minks initially were pets/allies of Birkans which would explain their proficiency in using electro considering that they (the Birkans) based their city to be operated through electric discharge. There's a lot to be unpacked here.
It could be indeed and if I'm not wrong there where some space pirates that looked like minks in one cover page
Post automatically merged:

here they are

We know there's civilization living on the moon. Maybe the minks were at war with those people in the past?
I'm assuming you're referring to the space pirates in this case-

While it is possible that the minks were at war with them in the past , I'm of the belief that they're just some bots made by Vegapunk.
Kuma (after he was experimented upon) and these guys have the same dial meter thing embedded inside them.

Vegapunk was probably commissioned by the WG to excavate something of significance which we see these space pirates carrying out in the cover story.

@MasterD Elaborated more on that here
Post automatically merged:

I think moon was where the minks live. Their original form is sulong. But back then their ancestor had a war and the memories of it is inherited. Untrained minks could not contain their anger, they lost control.

When minks live on earth they undergo a domestication
Yeah I think something along those lines too. Even more when you think the most prominent trait of their Sulong form is excessive amount of electric discharge, the same thing Birkans used to operate their city.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Vegapunk was probably commissioned by the WG to excavate something of significance which we see these space pirates carrying out in the cover story.
We see paintings of what look like spaceships in the cover story. Maybe Vegapunk is trying to create a Spaceship in the background. We know the WG doesn't want anyone to know about the lost history, and those people on the moon might know of it. However, the Government has no means of reaching the moon.

Maybe SSG is derived from that concept. Flying is an incredibly valuable commodity that the One Piece world is limited on.

We see paintings of what look like spaceships in the cover story. Maybe Vegapunk is trying to create a Spaceship in the background. We know the WG doesn't want anyone to know about the lost history, and those people on the moon might know of it. However, the Government has no means of reaching the moon.

Maybe SSG is derived from that concept. Flying is an incredibly valuable commodity that the One Piece world is limited on.
Hmm, the idea of a spaceship is interesting though I only see them using balloons to descend back to earth.It could be a minimalistic representation of sorts haha.

The automata which were sent towards the moon coincidentally used balloons too-

The idea of spaceships is interesting and totally something which could've existed back in that era knowing how advanced the ancient kingdom was touted as by professor Clover.

While the SSG could be derived on the concept of aerial weapons ,I feel that Oda would expand more on the concept of giving DFs to inanimate objects which he has been foreshadowing throughout the story starting with Pika pika no mi to Pacifistas.

But imagine combining both these concepts (aerial+ DFs) lol, if that was the case Fujitora's approval of them easily overtaking the warlords would sound so plausible.