Anime Discussion [Summer 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion [Season of the Robot Waifu]

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters
Anime reviews:

- Shaman King Flowers: 7/10. The manga got axed here so no wonder why the anime ends abruptly. I wonder if the studio will adapt SK: The Superstar as well? We'll see.

- Bucchigiri?!: 7/10. Very disappointed anime considering the concepts were interesting. Ichiya's reason to fight Senya was pretty generic ngl. The final battle was well animated but the ending is okay. I heard that the director of this series (same as SK8 the Infinity) got "robbed" by Mappa so that they could produce a female targeted audience series but she doesn't have enough time to plan out or doesn't have enough passion so they decided to produce the series anyway. Which is MAPPA's huge L. No wonder why the series fails.

And those are the last anime reviews of winter 2024. Yay!

First episode impressions:

- The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3: Ah yes, my favorite inces-- ah I mean loving relationship between siblings the anime is back!!! Godsuya.:finally:

- Highspeed Etoile: CGI fest show.... not sure if I wanna keep watching or not. Nah, I'mma drop it lol.

- Girls Band Cry: Another CGI show lol. But at least this one is not as bad as Highspeed anime above. Still not gonna watch it though. The middle finger scenes was hilarious though.

- The Fable: Looks interesting. Seems to be a funny Yakuza show with some twists. Seeing the anime studio though, looks like the manga is way better.

- Jellyfish can't swim in the night: Shibuya night the anime lol. This and Shuumatsu Train will be contenders for best anime original for this season. Wonder which one will come out on top.

- Tonbo!: Golf anime. Another Birdie Wings but without the rainbow bullet and gang connection I guess lol.

- Tonari no Yokai-san: Very studio Ghibli-like anime, this will be an interesting watch.

- Mission: Yozakura Family: Very good start for a Shounen, childhood friend not only got accepted, but married? Nani?! Futaba is already best girl and I hope the eldest son gets humbled. His siscon complex is too much. Spy x Family but the whole family is actually spies Lmao.

- Go! Go! Loser Ranger!: The Boys but with Sentai Rangers. This will be one of the best anime this season for sure.

- The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3: Good first episode for an underrated romance, glad it's back. Hopefully J.C. Staff will adapt the entire manga now that it's ended.

- Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again: Finally a new romcom genre, old couple reverts back to young selves. This will be a wholesome watch.

- Vampire Dormitory: Another crossdressing anime. This time, a girl pretending to be a guy surrounded by hot ikemen who are vampires lol.

- Mushoku Tensei Season 2 Part 2: PEAKKKKK!!!!!! Sylphie.:steef::steef:

- Blue Archive: Very good visuals for a game adaptation.

- Shinkalion: Change the World: A mecha kids' show. Seems okay for the most part.

- Tadaima, Okaeri: A gay anime about two dads with a baby, and some other characters. Made by studio Deen which is the only thing they're good at.

Rinkai!: Women's bicycle racing anime... sure why not lol?

- Oblivion Battery: A baseball anime by MAPPA. Watch!!

- The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio: If Ryo Yamada from Bocchi the Rock and Marin Kitagawa from My Dress Up Darling meet up Lmao. Except that they have beef with each other. Gonna see how these two are gonna falls in love though.

- Mysterious Disappearances: The store clerk's gyats though.:yonjidoggy:Apparently the manga is uncensored.:lunazing:

Date A Live V: LET'S GOOOOOO!!!! Kurumi time!!!!:funky:And they aired this episode on Tohka's birthday as well. I heard from some sources that this will be the final season. Not sure how accurate it is though. @Mashiro Blue can you please check? Thank you.

- Viral Hit: Okay, first episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, for now at least. Later episodes we might see garbage fighting animation though so my expectations are rock bottom for this anime.

My Hero Academia recaps called "Memories" are out btw.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Date A Live V: LET'S GOOOOOO!!!! Kurumi time!!!!:funky:And they aired this episode on Tohka's birthday as well. I heard from some sources that this will be the final season. Not sure how accurate it is though. @Mashiro Blue can you please check? Thank you.
False rumours.

The new VN called Date a Live: Ren's Dystopia finally got an English release on Steam.

Mobile gacha game Date a Live Spirit Pledge got recently launched in Japan and it's doing well. It's already extremely popular in China.

By the looks of it it's more certain that they'll adapt Encore as OVAs than stopping the main story at Season V.

False rumours.

The new VN called Date a Live: Ren's Dystopia finally got an English release on Steam.

Mobile gacha game Date a Live Spirit Pledge got recently launched in Japan and it's doing well. It's already extremely popular in China.

By the looks of it it's more certain that they'll adapt Encore as OVAs than stopping the main story at Season V.
Aight thanks.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
Kaiju episode was nuts, I am all in here for this great piece of work!

Also new Jellyfish episode, so happy Doga Kobo blessed us with this comfy and modern anime. :finally:

Also new Pokemon arc, we been eating so god damn good today :fransuper: