General & Others Sword (Zoro's) fights are really boring in One Piece

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Not surprising. His character itself became boring. He is just there to look cool in the panels which was never cool to begin with. Post timeskip Oda just babysitting him all the time like many authors do their deutoragonists.
This is honestly my biggest problem with Post Timeskip Zoro. Oda babysits him so much and only has him do *teleports behind u* panels. It’s boring af

One Piece is not known for its fights. Lack of fight strategy, lack of choreography, skipping most fights, and too brief.

It's not a Zoro problem, but a One Piece problem since beginning of series.
But it feels like pretimeskip it was much smarter overall and with a deeper symbolism and emotional punch. Some examples I can think of:

-Luffy randomizing his attacks in order to hit Enel and ultimately defeating him in his "god form" at the same time that rings the golden bell.

-Chopper changing between his points in order to take full advantage of each of their strengths in a combined strategy.

-Usopp's trickery in order to scare out of consciousness an enemy that based her techniques on scary ghosts and breaking your spirit.

-Oars battle overall, which was delightful.

-Foxy may be seen as a joke among fandom, but he made some very smart usage of his fruit and environment, and his fight versus Luffy is full of funny and smart strategies.

-Franky fighting Fukuro was a train of laughs topped by the smartness of blocking him with his centaur transformation and stopping his centrifugal force with a shot of air.

Current versus just feel scarce to begin with, and underwhelming when they finally happen. I can't think of any reason why Zoro vs Pica was enjoyable, or what's the attractive behind Usopp shooting some plant that will do the work by itself, or why would Oda spare important moments yet keep on screen the whole Urashima subplot. Of course some fights are still nice whether partially or overall (Kyros versus Diamante had some very good emotional weight, Chinjao/Sai versus Lao G was fun as hell, Luffy versus Katakuri had interesting concept and panels...), but I'm disappointed as a whole.

S

Shuyaku

I agree with all of this. Most of Zoro's fights are boring (blame Oda for that) but at least Zoro vs Ryuma was the best "true" swordsman fight while Zoro vs Mr 1 was the best fight for a swordsman vs devil fruit user fight.

Bleach, Naruto, Record of Ragnarok, Vagabond, etc. makes One Piece sword fights looks like a joke.:josad:
You could've used some better examples to be honest.

Zolo vs Mihawk will probably be most boring/underwhelming/hated fight in manga history
Zolo fans waited so long for this fight yet it will be drawn by an author who draws the worst sword fights in any medium
Pretty much
They clash in cqc
Dodge some attacks and a mountain is cut behind them
Zoro remembers Kuina then teleports and Breaks Yuru in half Mihawk falls to the ground after saying a cringy line to him :kayneshrug:

S

Shuyaku

Pretty much
They clash in cqc
Dodge some attacks and a mountain is cut behind them
Zoro remembers Kuina then teleports and Breaks Yuru in half Mihawk falls to the ground after saying a cringy line to him :kayneshrug:
lmfao, that's why i would prefer Zoro vs someone else as his final fight.

Ryuma imo was a great fight, and didn't end in typical fashion.

all fights are boring or off-screem.

the only one who has "truth" fights of the kind that we see characters exchanging blows, using various attacks and things like that, is Luffy, although his fight tends to be dragged and boring.

the fights in one piece, taking out Luffy nowadays, sums up the opponents to collide, then passes some chapters and the opponent appears to be finished with a technique.

Agree but I think all fights in one piece post-timeskip are boring especially ones that involve with Luffy. No strategy, unlimited endurance, antagonist became dumper, rely solely on willpower, and no severe consequence.

For me, Luffy vs Katakuri is so boring as it feels like Luffy is immortal. Or Kaido one-shot Luffy is just meh as we know he will just get captured and turn prison into training camp.