Theory Swordless Asura, how Zoro beats King

as we know, in asura form, zoro conjures duplicate arms, heads, and swords. In his current fight against king, Zoro is having his first serious 1v1 of the post timeskip. Imo, Zoro should not only go all out, he should grow from this battle. But how can anything that happens now top his rooftop performance? Well take a look at king's fighting style. King uses a swordbreaker, a weapon that specifically counters swordsmanship. He was already able to knock away zoro's swords once and he wasn't even using hybrid or awakening.

When he does use this, what are the chances that zoro won't be able to handle it? Zoans are the best in hand to hand combat, in terms of sheer strength alone, king could very well be stronger than zoro in hybrid form. With his unique weapon, he'd then easily be able to rip away zoro's swords. If this happens, maybe zoro's line in 1023 will be somewhat prophetic, maybe zoro will have to beat King without any swords.

But how can he do this when his entire style is based off swordsmanship? I think asura could hold the key. In asura mode, zoro uses the strength of his spirit alone to multiply his 3 swords into 9 swords. Basically he uses his spirit to conjure 6 new swords. Well if he can do this, it begs the question, does zoro even need real swords to use swordsmanship? Couldn't he use a variation of this technique to conjure 3 swords, 6 swords, or even 9 swords out of basically nothing?

I believe this will be the case. Zoro will be pushed to his limits and he will have to use asura for far longer than he ever has before. This will likely increase his mastery of the technique.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Dont think he will use Asura against king.
zoro got lot of techniques that far speeder than G4 sneakman. breath of speed, etc

Asura/Hiryu Kaen saved for Kaido
Right, he did never even land Shishi Sonson for now so there is a lot of ground for damaging King a lot. Also the more the fight goes on the more King can be weakened therefore his total dura reduced independently from anything else.

I like this idea, but I personally don't think Oda is going for a 1v1 here - so any victory Zoro has over King in this fight is likely gonna be through working together with Sanji. Same goes for Queen of course. Does that mean Asura form isn't gonna be important to this fight? Definitely not, we're gonna see it again 100%. But the swordbreaker that King uses is good for dealing with swordsmen only. Lucky for Zoro he has a partner in this fight who doesn't need swords.

The themes of Wano seem to be more about teamwork than anything else, which is a whole other conversation to go into, and the main reason Kaido's crew will lose to Luffy's is because they are all selfish, opportunistic, and scheming against eachother. They want all the spotlight for themselves. They can't work together, while Luffy's crew can.

In my opinion, the true test of growth for Zoro (and Sanji) will be him finally being able to fight alongside Sanji like a brother instead of feuding like they usually do. They will have to play off each other's strengths and cover for each other's weaknesses - instead of arguing like their current opponents have been shown to.

I think that King will be Zoro's last "major major" opponent before Mihawk. Or at least an opponent who allows him to learn valuable lessons that put him within stone throwing distance of his final confrontation Mihawk.

I think that King will be Zoro's last "major major" opponent before Mihawk. Or at least an opponent who allows him to learn valuable lessons that put him within stone throwing distance of his final confrontation Mihawk.
Shiryuu probably going the last major opponent before Mihawk.
Mihawk>High Top Tier
Shiryuu>Low Top Tier/Mid Top Tier
King> High High Tier or Inbetweener

Shiryuu probably going the last major opponent before Mihawk.
Mihawk>High Top Tier
Shiryuu>Low Top Tier/Mid Top Tier
King> High High Tier or Inbetweener
Eh, I'm personally doubting that Shiryu will be Zoro's next major match up.

At most, I could see someone like Shiryu giving Zoro the equivalent difficulty of a fight that the pistol guy in Skypiea gave Zoro. IE, Zoro showed off a new technique, but wasn't a terribly difficult fight.

Eh, I'm personally doubting that Shiryu will be Zoro's next major match up.

At most, I could see someone like Shiryu giving Zoro the equivalent difficulty of a fight that the pistol guy in Skypiea gave Zoro. IE, Zoro showed off a new technique, but wasn't a terribly difficult fight.
Probably all BB fights end in extrem high diffs, Shiryuu will get the role as Monster on his own before Zoro face a Admiral or Mihawk.

Probably all BB fights end in extrem high diffs, Shiryuu will get the role as Monster on his own before Zoro face a Admiral or Mihawk.
The thing is, I don't see them just fighting BB. I think we're heading into a major clusterfuck of different factions fighting each other, as opposed to just neatly fighting the BB pirates.

S

stealthblack

Zoro beats king ith the fire techniques of kinemon. But he will adapt IT for hai own atace, and maybe do a fire cutting lionsong

Whats the scenario u propose? I dont see it
The navy, and the other remaining emperors, as well as other figures like Crocodile, recognize Luffy as the person closest to becoming the pirate king after taking out Kaido. This places Luffy and Co squarely in the focus of the world and all the world powers, who recognize him as their most significant threat.

I imagine a final conflict which is even larger in scale in Marineford, with multiple emperors and their crews fighting, as well as the navy and the presence of the revolutionary army.

We'll have some arcs leading into this, but I don't think we're dealing with emperors one by one after Kaido.

The navy, and the other remaining emperors, as well as other figures like Crocodile, recognize Luffy as the person closest to becoming the pirate king after taking out Kaido. This places Luffy and Co squarely in the focus of the world and all the world powers, who recognize him as their most significant threat.

I imagine a final conflict which is even larger in scale in Marineford, with multiple emperors and their crews fighting, as well as the navy and the presence of the revolutionary army.

We'll have some arcs leading into this, but I don't think we're dealing with emperors one by one after Kaido.
So you are saying that Blackbeard is teaming up with Luffy if I understand correctly?