Controversial the abortion question

is abortion fine

• Yes it would be

• no it would not be

Results are only viewable after voting.
When my mother was pregnant with my youngest sibling, her pregnancy was risky and her doctor brought up the idea of abortion. I remember the day very clearly, she and dad came home, and called me and my little brother and told us about it. We were kids ourselves, 6 and 8 y/o but we understood and we said it's okay, no more baby is alright. And dad was supportive as well. But mom was the only one who was clinging to her child. And decided to take the risk anyway. Fast forward to now, and I can't imagine a world without my sister. She's a sweet girl and a happy person. Just think, her entire existence would've been erased in a moment if no one had fought for her.

Not saying I'm 100% against abortion, there are cases which are understandable, like a risky pregnancy, or a child conceived from rape, or a heavy medical condition detected before birth...etc.

But I'm saying that often times, the decision making is harder than what actually follows. You make mountains out of molehills, thinking that you aren't ready to be a parent, and sometimes that may be true, but other times, it's just how every future parent feels (I did) and it's okay, you'll be fine. You'll adjust and learn.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
@Reborn

As long as it doesn't have a nervous system then yes.
I will borrow this cause it's important.

As for the rest of what I believe and NO ONE SHOULD FUCKING CARE ABOUT MY OWN OPINION:wellwell:

Everyone is given a choice. The choice belongs to the women who are tasked with such decisions and we should not question it.

There is a part about morality and etc.. but that dive is deep and I don't think we'd reach 2024 before we settled this. So believe whatever pleases you. Idgaf.

As for why it shouldn't be prohibited. I believe a woman who was raped for example ( a rough one but usually the other examples are more so dictated by stupidy and lack of sexual education/being prepared for such conditions as pregnancy ) should be able to decide if she wants an abortion or not because I believe she might not find the idea pleasing. Raising a child from rape who may one day look like an oppressor may cause another tragedy. Not only about the kid but her mental health. Not every woman wants to be a mother and that should not be anyone's problem.

I mean the obvious answer is one that we as a society can't accept because of our lack of collaborative maturity. Instead of abortion the effort should be to stop the practices that put us in the need of abortion.

Ok we cant completely stop rape across the planet but how many kids are born of rape? I think abortions should be legal in the case of saving the mothers life. That much is obvious. Especially if the birth would cause death for the mother and child. See house of dragons for that.

Though as far as having sex their should be systems in place that stop people from having sex with people they don't want to have children with. Their have been in the past and will be in the future. I mean to keep life sacred more thought should go into sexual practiced and choosing partners.

Even recreational sex should have more thought put into it. I'm not saying any governing body should have control over that but it's a simple work around to think of a solution to unwanted pregnancies. Seeing as how most pregnancies that are terminated are done so by people who chose to engage in sex.