Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wonderful World

Oda has the most emotional fights I've seen though. He excels in that imo. Plus some of the most unique, creative and interesting fighting styles I've seen especially with Devil fruits, which is why I love them.

I'm glad Oda doesn't take power scaling so seriously and he has unconventional ways for people to win or at least do something significant to someone beyond their league, instead of just being helpless fodder to them.

In a way, the way he had Big Mom and Kaido getting handled by the Strawhats and Scabbards momentarily, shows they are not as all powerful titans or even Gods as others may think they are. They are still vunerable, Gods can bleed and if it they can bleed, they can die too. To quote Batman vs Superman and Predator for example?

I was angry about the SHs clowning Big Mom before but I'm glad it's possible. I hate characters that get far too broken in strength/ability and the absolute majority can't stand a chance vs them. Having these titans of the OP world humiliated and showing vulnerability is a really important and underrated moment. Just like the Admirals getting kicked and knocked around by Marco and Jozu and such at Marineford too. Izo easily disarming King too.

It all matters a lot more than a lot of people think but not in a powerscaling sense as in to downplay these top tiers and hype up their "lesser opponents" but to show nobody is perfect and nobody is absolutely unstoppable.
This, seriously.

In a series as goofy as One Piece, how did so many people have the assumption that the Yonko are infallible?

I never understood how anyone could love a Gary Stu or Mary Sue. I've always gravitated towards flawed characters since they're far more relatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.