Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say about zoro and sanji dreams
He said that Oda completely dropped the story lines of both dreams

with Zoro's case he didn't create a structure for us to follow and understand Zoro's progress torwards achieving his dreams, there's no rankings or grades of Swordsman, the quality of the blades end up having 0 importance in the story, Mihawk says he is gonna wait at the top (as if he is being constantly challenged for his title, yet we see him just drinking and resting for 2 years in retirement waiting for Zoro to fight him), there's basically only 3 people that care for the WSS title, that is Zoro, Mihawk and Kuina (who is fucking dead). While we have to watch the entire world structure of pirates, supernova, commanders and Yonkos, and we can see how Luffy is evolving along the arcs to achieve his goal

and Sanji just completely fucking forgets about the All Blue, it's a completely missed storyline, Sanji has asked literally 0 people in the world about clues or anything related to the All Blue, that shit was used as gag in Fishman Island and the only clue we got was in anime only filler. Sanji got a whole second arc in Whole Cake, an arc related to cooking and his character, yet his dream has 0 impact on it, and when Sanji meets Rayleigh and we see all that talk of Robin, Usopp and Luffy considering asking about the One Piece, Sanji has 0 thoughts about asking about the All Blue to one of the most knowledgeable persons in the world

There's a lot more, but this is the base for those two

I don’t think Drizzt got everything right but it’s incorrect to say that he’s hating for the sake of hating. Most of what he says is fair
For sure, nobody would get everything right

But he has a lot of fair points

and yeah he comes off as a whiny bitch in many points of the video, wanting things to go the way he had in mind

but there's also a lot of good shit

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
He said that Oda completely dropped the story lines of both dreams

with Zoro's case he didn't create a structure for us to follow and understand Zoro's progress torwards achieving his dreams, there's no rankings or grades of Swordsman, the quality of the blades end up having 0 importance in the story, Mihawk says he is gonna wait at the top (as if he is being constantly challenged for his title, yet we see him just drinking and resting for 2 years in retirement waiting for Zoro to fight him), there's basically only 3 people that care for the WSS title, that is Zoro, Mihawk and Kuina (who is fucking dead). While we have to watch the entire world structure of pirates, supernova, commanders and Yonkos, and we can see how Luffy is evolving along the arcs to achieve his goal

and Sanji just completely fucking forgets about the All Blue, it's a completely missed storyline, Sanji has asked literally 0 people in the world about clues or anything related to the All Blue, that shit was used as gag in Fishman Island and the only clue we got was in anime only filler. Sanji got a whole second arc in Whole Cake, an arc related to cooking and his character, yet his dream has 0 impact on it, and when Sanji meets Rayleigh and we see all that talk of Robin, Usopp and Luffy considering asking about the One Piece, Sanji has 0 thoughts about asking about the All Blue to one of the most knowledgeable persons in the world

There's a lot more, but this is the base for those two
I always assuem all blue only happen after red line destroyed.

I always assuem all blue only happen after red line destroyed.
Sure, but Zeff himself said that by travelling 1 year in the Grand Line he had seen clues or other stuff that pointed to the All Blue, that it at least exists

yet there's 0 of that shit in the story

it doesn't bother you at all?

The main motivation of one of your favorite characters is not explored at all by the author

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
What did he say about zoro and sanji dreams
Zoro has no competition whatsoever towards his dream, despite Mihawk declaring that he would "hold the title" until Zoro challenged him giving indication that more people were aiming for it.
He also states that Black blades are a stupid and irrelevant plot that makes no sense whatsoever, at this point.
He also criticizes the fact that, while Luffy is gaining notoriety every arc, Zoro's only real notoriety feat was beating Daz Bones, who was famous as an assassin. Considering that the Marines talking about the Pica feat only happens on some off-story novel, I can understand his feelings.

About Sanji he criticizes for the same reason he criticizes Luffy. Sanji does NOTHING to find the All Blue. He just waits that he will eventually HAPPEN to find it. He talks about how he could have tried to look for clues during FI, since it was an island under the SEA, of SEA people, and maybe someone could know anything about a mystical SEA. He often compares him to Robin, who's actually working, on scene, to find the Poneglyphs and reach her goals. There's also a criticism about the Rayleigh scene, when Robin asks him about stuff like Void Century, but Sanji makes no effort whatsoever to ask Rayleigh ANYTHING. A complete passive approach to a dream that, by its nature, should be about him ACTIVELY asking around and looking for clues about it.

Sure, but Zeff himself said that by travelling 1 year in the Grand Line he had seen clues or other stuff that pointed to the All Blue, that it at least exists

yet there's 0 of that shit in the story

it doesn't bother you at all?

The main motivation of one of your favorite characters is not explored at all by the author
Zeff didn't really say that, he said he saw the possibility of it's existence. That could just mean that after seeing stuff like Reverse Mountain or Little Garden with the dinosaurs, something so hard to believe it exists like the All Blue no longer seemed impossible.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Zeff didn't really say that, he said he saw the possibility of it's existence. That could just mean that after seeing stuff like Reverse Mountain or Little Garden with the dinosaurs, something so hard to believe it exists like the All Blue no longer seemed impossible.
I believe there was ONE SCENE on the pre TS when Sanji finds a merchant selling a fish that should exist only on a different place. Sanji gets excited that it might be an indication that the All Blue is possible.
But that's it.
1 scene.
Done.
He finds this merchant by chance. He wasn't LOOKING for the clues. One just happened to find him first.
That's.....not ideal.

Sure man, let's assume that.

Does it still matter? wouldn't Sanji's character be more rich if Oda explored him going after his dream? that's the main thing that made him leave the Baratie after all, that's his childhood dream, and yet we get 0 panels for it in 24+ years?

and i'm not hating on just Sanji here, i'm a Zoro fanboy and i completely agree that Oda has messed in developing his dream too

it's not a Sanji focused thing, i was talking about Sanji because was Bango asking

every Straw Hat dreams seem to be just completely dropped and wasted in the background

those are the driving forces of those characters

don't we deserve seeing more of that in 20+ years of story?

is it really more important focusing on side characters in every island than the characters we've all followed since the East Blue?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I believe there was ONE SCENE on the pre TS when Sanji finds a merchant selling a fish that should exist only on a different place. Sanji gets excited that it might be an indication that the All Blue is possible.
But that's it.
1 scene.
Done.
He finds this merchant by chance. He wasn't LOOKING for the clues. One just happened to find him first.
That's.....not ideal.
Yea i remembwr that too.

But that's it.
1 scene.
Done.
That's.....not ideal.
That scene is ANIME ONLY

isn't that just amazing?

Drizzt is 100% right about Zoro's and Sanij's dreams

Those are some good points

not even mad at it

Oda really just forgot to explore any of those dreams at all

much like the rest of the crew tbh

the only people we see actually advancing / working towards their dreams are Luffy and Robin

:kayneshrug:
I would say Robin only, luffys dream is also just seems to be more like something which he doesn't work gor but something which is a byproduct of a shounen story not even one piece. First of all the dream itself was not made clear? H e wants to be PK, what does that mean? He said someone who is free on sea. Which we should see as a goal. But that is something of a byproduct even mihawk is a PK in that case. Unlike roger who was actually shown to show that he likes going in adventures and stuff... Luffys dream was based on becoming like roger, but all he is at this point is a battle manga character who just wants to fight. Roger even avoided fights if not required and focussed more on his goal. Honestly. the SH ship has not been sailing for adventure like it did post time skip nor there have been any interaction to showcase luffy is much interested in PK or roger given the span of story. He seems more like a writing tool used to end the story by oda. His goals are actually defeating yonko since he thinks that will make him PK, he doesn't give any reason especially when Roger did nothing like that. Findi g one piece is a washed off thing now, I don't remember him mentioning it at all like Sanji and all blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.