Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen that RetroCrush channel too? Its pretty cool and they have their own website dedicated to streaming/releasing retro anime or so too? Like a preservation and re-release type thing I think?

I saw this on their channel by complete chance and was completely obsessed for AGES after that!:

I can definitely relate though, I watch one 90s anime OP or ED and next thing I know, I've spent several hours on a nostalgia trip, a rollercoaster of emotions, a parade of flashbacks and such. As a lot of people say about music especially on Youtube and with Youtube and the Internet itself, it really is like a time machine into the past or a time capsule.
Yes it all started from watching a clip from that channel haha

Truly a "trip to the past" sort of thing.

I notice how vastly different female character designs were back then that look like how you expect them for their age, instead of nowadays designs where a lot have this highscooler type of vibe for their design even tho they are older.

G

Gorosei Informer

Sorry to ask this dumb question, I have been on here sporadically can anyone list what current hints have been given so far besides the Gif of Lance showing the deer
Lance posting the :moonwalk: emote in the shape of an F, this emote too:

:pepeshy:

@EtenBoby posted a pic of a camper van with tons of smoke coming out of it I think it was and this too:

G

Gorosei Informer

Yes it all started from watching a clip from that channel haha

Truly a "trip to the past" sort of thing.

I notice how vastly different female character designs were back then that look like how you expect them for their age, instead of nowadays designs where a lot have this highscooler type of vibe for their design even tho they are older.
Yeah exactly! They looked like actual adults and mature, but designs have been infantilised/dumbed down over the years, the rise of "Moe culture" really changed and imo massively ruined the anime industry over the past decade or more than that at least?

I love how characters especially women look in these much older series hahaha, they actually look more like real people, more "natural" and thus all the more enjoyable to simp over look at too!

Seriously though, character designs and art styles were generally much better back then imo.

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

Yeah exactly! They looked like actual adults and mature, but designs have been infantilised/dumbed down over the years, the rise of "Moe culture" really changed and imo massively ruined the anime industry over the past decade or more than that at least?

I love how characters especially women look in these much older series hahaha, they actually look more like real people, more "natural" and thus all the more enjoyable to simp over look at too!

Seriously though, character designs and art styles were generally much better back then imo.
East blue saga is best animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.