Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro...Sanji is a cook. Fighting is a BONUS to what he does. It is not the essential component of what he does in the story, it's only one of them.

Zoro's only job is to fight. Literally that's it. He serves hardly any other purpose besides being a protector.

The difference in WCI was that Sanji's development was treated as a central portion of the arc, not an afterthought or a side plot.

Zoro has been hinted to be the second coming of Ryuma multiple times man, both in and out of the manga. Of course Luffy is going to be recognized as a savior of Wano, but for Zoro's development, it makes sense for him to be recognized in a similar manner. It seems like you are saying that Luffy will be the one who is seen as Wano's "Ryuma" and that is insanity in my eyes...whether or not Oda actually delivers is one thing, but if you at least recognize that these things SHOULD be delivered on is enough for me
"Bro...Sanji is a cook. Fighting is a BONUS to what he does. It is not the essential component of what he does in the story, it's
only one of them."

am 100% sure its also pretty essential to what he does
his biggest role in 90% of op arcs is fighting. how does fighting kaido
resolve what his lineage is
the kaido who he fought before and nothing was said ?

actually wouldnt it be more likely for him to hear that from allies like yamato , kawamatsu who clearly recognize he looks like ushimaru and by extension ryuma????

"Zoro has been hinted to be the second coming of Ryuma multiple times man, both in and out of the manga."

if he is the second coming of ryuma
he should
1) have defeated kaido himself and be recognized as the savior of the country
2) tasked himself with protecting the country like ryuma once did from outside forces

if you recognize that's not what zoro has done , certainly you can recognize their stories aren't carbon copies. In FI, In DR,In ZOU
and similarly here, luffy is going to come out as the savior of the country and because of that, exactly matching up to ryuuma's legend is is not possible .

"It seems like you are saying that Luffy will be the one who is seen as Wano's "Ryuma" and that is insanity in my eyes...whether or not Oda actually delivers is one thing, but if you at least recognize that these things SHOULD be delivered on is enough for me"

luffy wont be wano's ryuuma either but he will be viewed as the savior of the country . two different things.
I dont think oda needs to deliver on these things through a fight
I dont think oda needs to make zoro a carbon copy a guy centuries ago
I like his uniqueness and tbh this second coming stuff is abhorrent. lets not take the piss here, how many people liked when we though luffy was a literal joyboy incarnate......
Post automatically merged:

The people of wano are surely happy about his death
i dont see denjiro
hiyori laughing
:zosleepy:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
No, I got Zoro tag last week without waiting room

But waiting room gave me Sanji tag, I have more than 1k messages here :steef:
Mafia has greatly boosted my posting count. Got Sanji tag in no time and I'm making good progress towards Law
:sanmoji:
Post automatically merged:

Wait did they make it so waiting room posts count towards your total?
Who did that and why was it TAC?
:crazwhat:

am 100% sure its also pretty essential to what he does
his biggest role in 90% of op arcs is fighting. how does fighting kaido
resolve what his lineage is
the kaido who he fought before and nothing was said ?
I think you're misunderstanding what I said, or maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not saying that fighting isn't essential to Sanji, I'm saying it's not THE essential thing...because he offers multiple things.

In Zoro's case, he is only there to fight. To beat strong enemies and protect people.

Also, I'm not even talking about Kaido at this point. I even said in my previous posts that I am talking very broadly about Zoro having an important role towards the end of the arc, and not just a small afterthought or side plot.

actually wouldnt it be more likely for him to hear that from allies like yamato , kawamatsu who clearly recognize he looks like ushimaru and by extension ryuma????
Yes, it's not gonna be Kaido who realizes that he's from Wano/figures out his lineage. It'll be someone else.

if he is the second coming of ryuma
he should
1) have defeated kaido himself and be recognized as the savior of the country
2) tasked himself with protecting the country like ryuma once did from outside forces

if you recognize that's not what zoro has done , certainly you can recognize their stories aren't carbon copies. In FI, In DR,In ZOU
and similarly here, luffy is going to come out as the savior of the country and because of that, exactly matching up to ryuuma's legend is is not possible .
He's been likened to Ryuma multiple times, hinted to be a descendant of him. There's really no dancing around Zoro being Ryuma 2.0 and it's been hinted that he will even be referred to as such. I'm not saying that he's a carbon copy. Again, I feel like you are centering your thoughts on the idea that I'm referring specifically to Kaido when I'm just pointing out that Oda has left a lot on the table for Zoro and hasn't delivered on it yet

Either way, Zoro himself doesn't even know about his connections to Wano so he's not going to willingly do the things that Ryuma did. From what I see, it's supposed to be Zoro unknowingly acting in accordance with the things that Ryuma did as "fate" suggests

I dont think oda needs to deliver on these things through a fight
I dont think oda needs to make zoro a carbon copy a guy centuries ago
I like his uniqueness and tbh this second coming stuff is abhorrent. lets not take the piss here, how many people liked when we though luffy was a literal joyboy incarnate......
I agree. I don't want Zoro to be a carbon copy of Ryuma. I don't want there to be weird asspull connections. But Zoro being a descendant of Ryuma and being a samurai figure that Wano's people can count on doesn't require that

There's really no other way for Zoro to be recognized in the way that he's supposed to be without doing something climactic

Status
Not open for further replies.