:cheers:

Akainu is such a danger that the marines and the WG don’t allow him to go all out so they stick him behind a desk. When he hears about Luffys new bounty he’s going to go on a killing spree

My opinion based also on people crying about Kaido's flashback.
People here give too much importance for "backstory".
1000+ chapters and Zoro never NEEDED it. He always worked fine with what we had.
The actual journey that we, as readers, follow, should matter much more than some backstory.
A backstory should exist to explain certain motivations.
Zoro had his motivations explained already on his backstory.
Now, if we were to have something else, I would be open minded about it. Same with Sanji. The Vinsmoke plot was necessary? No. But it ended up connecting well with the Zeff plot. Maybe we can get something like that for Zoro.
But the key difference is that we needed Sanji's vinsmoke flashback to understand the story of his arc. I would be much more eager to get something for Zoro, had it appeared during acts 1 or 2.
Now? At the last 5 minutes of 2nd half? I think it missed its timing, but we shall see.
I absolutely agree with your general sentiment on fictional motivations and flashbacks however I always felt like Zoro's flashback pages were missing something, probably a bigger emphasis on Zoro actually dealing with Kuina's apparent suicide

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I absolutely agree with your general sentiment on fictional motivations and flashbacks however I always felt like Zoro's flashback pages were missing something, probably a bigger emphasis on Zoro actually dealing with Kuina's apparent suicide
That's a personal feeling I can get behind.
I also wanted Oda to explore Zoro a little deeper than some random "cool sentences" and "teleport behind you and one shots".