Status
Not open for further replies.
My only hope for the One Piece Live Action series is this:

I don't believe the series can be good, i just can't see the One Piece story working as live action (i could be wrong)

but, i hope it isn't just "okay"

i would rather the series be horrible to give me a couple of laughs watching

than it being kinda good and kinda bad, and just leaving a meh after taste

so i'm rooting for it to be either amazingly great that i didn't even think it was possible

or i want it to be horrible so i can have some good laughs with it
Oda gave approval for a shitty movie (anyone who read the spoilers knows). But even if you haven't, this movie is clearly just a piggybank on the VTuber craze, and thus just a product of its time that will become irrelevant in another 10 years.
And Oda gave his approval to a live action series that is bound to fail (Dragonball anyone? Avatar anyone?). At best it will be mediocre like the Ghost in the Shell movie a few years ago, or a laughing stock in the good sense (the Sonic movie)
All in all, Oda is turning fucking senile, the Old Oda from even 5 years ago would have probably known that a movie with a Vtuber and live action series are not good ideas.

Idk, I'm too burnt out on Shonen to pick up new series anymore, especially long running series and or new series by authors I do know too ironically. I actually burned bridges with Fairy Tail pretty badly due to the final arc and I'm only gradually coming back to it lately tbh.

I really don't care for the sci-fi theme of Eden's Zoro too (LOL WTF ZORO?!) I mean Zoro ofc....oh ffs lmfao, ZERO, I MEAN ZERO! Too much Zoro on my mind!
But yeah I'm not keen on sci-fi stuff tbh, I used to be kinda into it but not anymore. Also characters being apparent clones of Fairy Tail characters really bothers me too. Its way too on the nose. I know Mashima recycles somes designs as he did from Rave Master to FT but this is too much for me too.

There's FT 100 Year Quest to read too and I've heard its pretty good generally but I really don't want to get into any new series by Mashima either as I know I'm gonna encounter the issues I had with FT too, which made me grow to really hate and get fed up with it before. I did see a spoiler about the prologue/1st episode or w/e about EZ (lol EZ) and it really surprised me but I just really cannot invest myself into new series anymore. I very rarely will try anything new these unlike my old self where I read and watched so many series at random lol.

Dark Fantasy though? Interesting. Makes me think of how I heard Black Clover was trying to be Berserk and honestly it felt like MHA has been trying to do the same with the art and some more darker themes it implied/alluded to maybe or at least more Seinen type demographic/tone in general? More darker and mature and w/e?

Yeah, FT really does have everything, its actually overhated and underrated imo, especially in the anime too. The clock keys "filler" arc with Lucy, her dad and her "friend" Michelle was magnificent imo.

I also really adore Brandish, someone I forgot to mention earlier, as well as Aquarius and Virgo lol.

Tartaros was absolutely goated and Silver was genuinely peak fiction, especially with all that build up, what we learned about him and how it came full circle from the beginning of the series lol. I really loved that and his character so much. Great quotes, personality, design, power, role, writing in general etc. Couldn't have asked for better even maybe. Silver was really tragic and it made me love and really yearn for Gray to find happiness once and for all and to stop suffering already too.

I used to hate Irene too ironically because of what she did to Erza (it was blatantly obvious she is Erzas mother from her first appearance so not even bothering to spoiler tag it) but I grew to understand and feel sorry for her over time too. She was quite a complicated, unapologetic/daring character and I respect Mashima for what he did with her. It made for much more interesting and imo better writing and a lot of tragedy and thus development for Erza too.
Irene was also just fucking amazing as a mage too ofc!

And then there was August too, hoo boy, thats a whole story in itself too haha.

We don't talk about Larcade and Serena though, the less said about them, the better...

:whitepress::lawsigh::nicagesmile:kingufy
Edens Zero will not be that long
100 chapters are left so it will be around 300-350 chapters in total.
I don’t like sci-fi but Edens Zero got me
Pantheos also read EZ and enjoyed it

Oda gave approval for a shitty movie (anyone who read the spoilers knows). But even if you haven't, this movie is clearly just a piggybank on the VTuber craze, and thus just a product of its time that will become irrelevant in another 10 years.
And Oda gave his approval to a live action series that is bound to fail (Dragonball anyone? Avatar anyone?). At best it will be mediocre like the Ghost in the Shell movie a few years ago, or a laughing stock in the good sense (the Sonic movie)
All in all, Oda is turning fucking senile, the Old Oda from even 5 years ago would have probably known that a movie with a Vtuber and live action series are not good ideas.
I don't think the Sonic movie is a laughing stock lol

i think people legit like those movies

i haven't watch either of them though

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I used to really like Fairy Tail back in the day when i was younger

my favorite arc was that one that Laxus turned the guild and the city into a battle royale type of thing

but i still remember to this day, the moment the story lost me

after the timeskip and their training, there's that scene where they introduce those two 3rd generations Dragonslayers

to show how magic has evolved in those years and how behind the protags are now

and those two dudes defeat / overpower or do something to Natsu + Gajeel together

then, a few chapters ahead

the story setups a match between the 4 of them, in a 2v2

then Natsu just sends Gajeel away in a mine kart

and he solos the other two by himself with no trouble

i remember thinking to myself

"What the actual fuck?"
new one is better:pepebusi:

G

Gorosei Informer

Edens Zero will not be that long
100 chapters are left so it will be around 300-350 chapters in total.
I don’t like sci-fi but Edens Zero got me
Pantheos also read EZ and enjoyed it
Ah thats pretty cool. If I'm not having to follow it weekly or god forbid monthly, that will help a lot too naturally. I might try it in future then. Ah Pantheos likes it too? Nice!

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
My only hope for the One Piece Live Action series is this:

I don't believe the series can be good, i just can't see the One Piece story working as live action (i could be wrong)

but, i hope it isn't just "okay"

i would rather the series be horrible to give me a couple of laughs watching

than it being kinda good and kinda bad, and just leaving a meh after taste

so i'm rooting for it to be either amazingly great that i didn't even think it was possible

or i want it to be horrible so i can have some good laughs with it
I’m cautiously optimistic. I really like the casting so far, especially for the core crew, so I’m at least hoping they’ll act well and do the characters justice on that end.

The set design is looking mostly good so far but after all the post production stuff passes it might be a different story.

Historically though only like Ruroni Kenshin and Tokyo Revengers have been good adaptations, so I’m not expecting anything too high for anything but Mackenyu’s stuff tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.