Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

U think. Why Nami and Brazil though
:finally:
Portuguese is main language of Brazil.
Something about orange and Portugal
The name Portugal refers to the orange fruit, not the country. Orange in many parts of the world (Greece, Bulgaria, Romania and I think some Arabic countries) is still called something like "Portucalle"

Interesting isn't it.

I believe Portgas D rouge has some connection. Road to laugh tale did hint at romance of Rouge and Roger. Portgas could be based on Portugal.

The name Portugal refers to the orange fruit, not the country. Orange in many parts of the world (Greece, Bulgaria, Romania and I think some Arabic countries) is still called something like "Portucalle"

Interesting isn't it.

I believe Portgas D rouge has some connection. Road to laugh tale did hint at romance of Rouge and Roger. Portgas could be based on Portugal.
Wasn’t Ace said to be from Portugal??

G

Gorosei Informer

Interesting isn't it.

I've always felt Nami was meant to be the new Rouge/her parallel but wow. Thats really blown my mind. Sailors relied on oranges heavily to avoid scurvy too!

Resists urge to post Portgas D Urouge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.