i dunno about that tbh, isn't marumaru the team doing translation for OP?
I just know the no.1 korean scan site was taken down a few years back, I wouldn't be surprised if the remnants of that group started up Manamao.

Like with MangaPlus etc, I'm sure Shueisha are working behind the scenes to release official Chinese and Korean scans but I think they need to make sure there's demand for it and remove the illegal sites to ensure this, similar to what they did with JaiminiBox and Mangastream

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I just know the no.1 korean scan site was taken down a few years back, I wouldn't be surprised if the remnants of that group started up Manamao.

Like with MangaPlus etc, I'm sure Shueisha are working behind the scenes to release official Chinese and Korean scans but I think they need to make sure there's demand for it and remove the illegal sites to ensure this, similar to what they did with JaiminiBox and Mangastream
Btw. When was the last time One Piece chapters weren't on Sundays? I totally forget it.

Is there a chance that they might switch to Friday or something or Sunday is most suitable for them?
Eventually I think we're going to move towards digital releases being released a few days earlier than the magazine date. We're probably still years away from that, but envision the official digital release being released on Friday for example. Physical copies on Monday (Japan), once that happens it'll be the death of fan scanlations for Shonen Jump series.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
death of fan scanlations for Shonen Jump series.
It will be a blessing for me. I don't know if you will understand me because I'm a weird person but Friday chapters feel like they are earlier than Sunday spoilers for me. Dunno why. Maybe because I'm working or something. But I actually feel better when chapters hit on Friday instead of Sunday despite it's still being a week gap.

It will be a blessing for me. I don't know if you will understand me because I'm a weird person but Friday chapters feel like they are earlier than Sunday spoilers for me. Dunno why. Maybe because I'm working or something. But I actually feel better when chapters hit on Friday instead of Sunday despite it's still being a week gap.
Yeah I prefer to read chapters on a Friday, it's probably a cultural thing i.e consuming entertainment on a Friday or Saturday night is the norm and then you get to discuss the chapter over the weekend, but I think in Japan culturally, it's different.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yeah I prefer to read chapters on a Friday, it's probably a cultural thing i.e consuming entertainment on a Friday or Saturday night is the norm and then you get to discuss the chapter over the weekend, but I think in Japan culturally, it's different.
I wish Jaiminis never stopped. To be fair. I rarely cared about official translations until Jaiminis were around. Their quality was so good + they always released on Friday.

I think they lied with the statement about dropping Jump Series. I actually think they were close to or just discovered by some people from Shueshia who warned them or something.