Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I don't know why but I got a feeling you don't like what I said.
“Baseball is a sport for intellectuals,” said the stoner Jewboy weeb. “You have to be incredibly smart to appreciate its nuances. Also, sure, it’s mostly just white men swinging wood at rawhide, but there’s SO MUCH MORE to it, I swear!!” He began to weep as he realized nobody cared.

C

critical mindset

“Baseball is a sport for intellectuals,” said the stoner Jewboy weeb. “You have to be incredibly smart to appreciate its nuances. Also, sure, it’s mostly just white men swinging wood at rawhide, but there’s SO MUCH MORE to it, I swear!!” He began to weep as he realized nobody cared.
Have you seen Moneyball or something with Brad Pitt? I’ve just started it

C

critical mindset

Read the book long before the movie came out, both are extremely good but the movie obviously tells a flashier story than the meat-and-potatoes reality captured in the book. How are you liking it?
I started it on Netflix a week ago, have yet to finish it. I’m in he early stages and damn it’s a good movie! Funny as hell and it really tells you how prejudice gets in the way of making right decisions

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I started it on Netflix a week ago, have yet to finish it. I’m in he early stages and damn it’s a good movie! Funny as hell and it really tells you how prejudice gets in the way of making right decisions
Love what you said there at the end, man...especially in a game rooted so deeply in a long and troubled history, it’s been difficult for baseball to shake its reputation as an obsolete reminder of an unpleasant past. Beyond that, the clash of old school scouting and new statistical measures that supersede them is still an issue in the game...been almost 20 years since the actual Moneyball process, and teams stay chasing whatever they think will be the new market inefficiency. For a game many find boring, there are a lot of fascinating storylines at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.