Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bounty
Do the flyers get called "Lords" too?
I'm not sure what the exact honorific was used in that last page, but there are so many ways the word lord can be meant in Japanese, -sama,-omo,-shukun etc. I don't know which of these was used by the woman in the last page.

As for the flying six I don't remember anyone calling them as a lord, maaaybe someone called Page One with a -sama, but that's a basic honorific for your superiors, so I'm not really sure if they're particularly called "lords" by their underlings
Post automatically merged:

hmmm the fodders called King without lord or sama.
sometimes the unofficial and official translation is a mess.
like the difference on the last page of the last chapter
Trust me, Stephen Paul is best at clearing up context but when it comes to these honorifics or things pertaining to Japanese culture, he always westernizes them.
Recent example being that from yesterday where that laugh was actually "Nufufu" but he made it "mwehehe".
For the honorifics I still remember that in chapter 957 Akainu had addressed Sengoku with the respectful -san, but Viz omitted that.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Trust me, Stephen Paul is best at clearing up context but when it comes to these honorifics or things pertaining to Japanese culture, he always westernizes them.
Recent example being that from yesterday where that laugh was actually "Nufufu" but he made it "mwehehe".
For the honorifics I still remember that in chapter 957 Akainu had addressed Sengoku with the respectful -san, but Viz omitted that.
yep its like in the unofficial translation, we can assume if the person in the last page is Ivankov.
but with the official translation, Ivankov assumption is debunked.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I'm not sure what the exact honorific was used in that last page, but there are so many ways the word lord can be meant in Japanese, -sama,-omo,-shukun etc. I don't know which of these was used by the woman in the last page.

As for the flying six I don't remember anyone calling them as a lord, maaaybe someone called Page One with a -sama, but that's a basic honorific for your superiors, so I'm not really sure if they're particularly called "lords" by their underlings

Just see your signature, you're a fan of Legend of galactic heroes too:neesama: ?

Reuenthal best boy

LOVE this show

I rewatched it during the first lockdown lol

Reuenthal is a boss
Oberstein
Schonkopf
Yang

so many great characters

Even Trunicht is a wonderful bitch
Oberstein always reminded me of Hawkins with his dead serious disposition lol
Schonkopf vs Reuenthal was :steef:

Trunicht dying like a nobody was glorious

Kesler was an underrated legend too

Oh and the openings and especially the 1st ED
Gawd, you're walking me down memory lane now lol

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
3rd opening is glorious

Oberstein was always right even Reinhard recognized it in the end

Oberstein opinions were hard and without tact but I think a ruler like Reinhard needed them. You don't conquer without guys like that.

Schonkopf vs Reuenthal was :steef:

Trunicht dying like a nobody was glorious

Kesler was an underrated legend too

Gawd, you're walking me down the memory lane now lol
An other great moment

Last edited:
3rd opening is glorious

Oberstein was always right even Reinhard recognized it in the end

Oberstein opinions were hard and without tact but I think a ruler like Reinhard needed them. You don't conquer without guys like that.

An other great moment
The full version of OP 3 is even more glorious. The 1st and 3rd ED feels hit like a truck when you know what happens with a certain democrat and the cheerful life that was to follow him with his newly wed wife. :josad:

On point about everything you said about Oberstein

I must commend the anime team to make that anthem sound like an authentic one

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The full version of OP 3 is even more glorious.

The 1st and 3rd ED feels hit like a truck when you know what happens with a certain democrat and the cheerful life that was to follow him with his newly wed wife. :josad:

On point about everything you said about Oberstein

I must commend the anime team to make that anthem sound like an authentic one
Pls spoiler that part haha

Yeah the anthem was incredible and that moment still give me chills

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.