Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

This is what I like about One Piece. It is serious deep down but wrapped in lightheartedness and silliness.
Right? I think Oda really does balance that tone well throughout. Makes the emotional and serious scenes all the more impactful when they do happen too. I really liked the mixed tones of OP, I resonate with it more than other series and it reminds me of Gintama and Ranma 1/2 somewhat a lot in vibe/tone too.
Doesn't take itself too seriously, isn't all gloom and doom/grimdark and such.

I get frustrated with the writing and pacing at times but it's still the most fun and adventurous series I know,, it's really had a unique personality from the beginning, which has only grown much more over time too.
Oda's quirkiness/weirdness/creativity is something else too on that note, I'm still floored by what he did with Queen recently! He's been hitting some real highs with some comedic moments lately!

God knows I am REALLY going to miss One Piece when it eventually ends one day, nothing can truly replace it either. It's been part of our lives and running for so long, it almost feels like we're married to it! LMAO! Seriously though, it's gonna be such an emotional ordeal to accept when it's over and move on, but there's always gonna be the good memories at least!

:queenhear::vistalaugh::rolaugh:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Right? I think Oda really does balance that tone well throughout. Makes the emotional and serious scenes all the more impactful when they do happen too. I really liked the mixed tones of OP, I resonate with it more than other series and it reminds me of Gintama and Ranma 1/2 somewhat a lot in vibe/tone too.
Doesn't take itself too seriously, isn't all gloom and doom/grimdark and such.

I get frustrated with the writing and pacing at times but it's still the most fun and adventurous series I know,, it's really had a unique personality from the beginning, which has only grown much more over time too.
Oda's quirkiness/weirdness/creativity is something else too on that note, I'm still floored by what he did with Queen recently! He's been hitting some real highs with some comedic moments lately!

God knows I am REALLY going to miss One Piece when it eventually ends one day, nothing can truly replace it either. It's been part of our lives and running for so long, it almost feels like we're married to it! LMAO! Seriously though, it's gonna be such an emotional ordeal to accept when it's over and move on, but there's always gonna be the good memories at least!

:queenhear::vistalaugh::rolaugh:
r u from a femal speciez????..

G

Gorosei Informer

Shingo races dangerously, he will nudge his rival's car in order to make the other driver lose control if he's unsure about his own chances of winning. In terms of racing ability, Shingo is the best driver on the Night Kids team. He is also a childhood friend of Impact Blue's navigator, Sayuki.

Waifu submitted by Sauceboss69

Buying with affiliate link(s) help fund MyWaifuList
r u from a femal speciez????..

Did you get hacked or possessed by @minamoto or something? LOL

:cantseeme::saden::nicagesmile::luffylaugh:

G

Gorosei Informer

Shanks and by extension the core members of the read haired pirates might be one of the most intelligent/shrewd crew in the series.
I forgot to respond to this part, they definitely are imo. Oda referred to Benn as the smartest man in the East Blue or something right? They definitely have that vibe too. I think Shanks and Blackbeard and their crews will be like 2 sides of a the same coin, similar but still very different too, like 2 parallel lines going in different directions or light and dark sides of the moon or something?

I see Shanks crew as more virtuous, intelligent, with some cunning and savagery but not as brutal and extreme as Blackbeard's crew. BB might be much smarter than his crew too potentially, except for the likes of Lafitte, Doc Q, Catarina and Shiryu who are probably comparable to him, especially Lafitte imo.

But I see BB's crew as being more focused on cunning, manipulation, brutality, survival and such whereas Shanks crew will be shrewd too but more so in a political and street smarts sense. Pragmatic but not cruel unless it's necessary? Where as BB and his gang are cruel for fun?

They are definitely foils to one another, kinda like Kaido and Big Mom in a way imo and also Whitebeard to both of them. Also Whitebeard and Blackbeard too even ofc.

My headcanon though, aside from MADS in the past ofc, Shanks might have the most intelligent crew to exist, with Roger's being that before his maybe? So overall, MADS > Shanks > Roger in terms of overall intelligence? But some of the Strawhats are insanely smart too ofc especially Nami, Usopp Chopper, Franky, Robin and maybe Brook, Jinbei and Sanji? Luffy and Zoro are also weirdly intelligent in their own ways too? Emotionally intelligence and battle instincts for Luffy and Zoro with swordsmanship and leadership?

I'm just brainstorming randomly here anyway bu tI would love Shanks vs Blackbeard to be veyr cerebral as well as an all out fight too. Whitebeard was smarter than I expected too and I think it was him using Chess type manuevers/directions at Marineford too? If I'm remembering it right as in someone using Chess type directions and it was probably WB too?

:choppawhat::wonderland:

t's really had a unique personality from the beginning,
Yeah this is what drove me to it initially. It always seemed unique both in tone and artstyle.
When I came across One Pieceover 10yrs ago it was on TV as part if an afternoon anime block that included Naruto, Yugioh and Pokemon I think. one piece became my favourite quickly because it looked like fun and games but seemed to havesome 'deeper' hidden aspect to it. I couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was but back then I only watched until skypiea which is the arc where the whole world spanning plot really starts. Before it seemed to be just a story about pirates going on an adventure.
Naruto on, the other hand always seemed to take itself so serieoulsy (well the butchered version that Germans got to see... idk about the uncensored version).
God knows I am REALLY going to miss One Piece when it eventually ends one day, nothing can truly replace it either. It's been part of our lives and running for so long, it almost feels like we're married to it! LMAO! S
Lol
The quality definitely decreased over the years as Oda milked and streched the story to no end.
Nevertheless I think the ending and rereading the whole think after it's finished will be satisfying.
What happens in ranma? I'veseen some scenes of Gintama on YouTube, what's the plot?

Did you get hacked or possessed by @minamoto or something? LOL

:cantseeme::saden::nicagesmile::luffylaugh:
He's not teh firztt wan!!!!! ..
see Shanks crew as more virtuous, intelligent, with some cunning and savagery
Yeah cunning was the word I was looking for.
But I see BB's crew as being more focused on cunning, manipulation, brutality, survival and such whereas Shanks crew will be shrewd too but more so in a political and street smarts sense. Pragmatic but not cruel unless it's necessary? Where as BB and his gang are cruel for fun?
They ultimately have different goals.BB established a pirate island and partly acquires his crew members in weird ways. See what happened to moriah/Absalom. BB is cruel for thesake of it is is literally insane.
Shanks cares aboutbalance and himself never had the ambition to form a country or any of the sort. He is some sort of diplomat but we'll have to see more of his interactions with the WG/Gorosei.
Luffy and Zoro are also weirdly intelligent in their own ways too? Emotionally intelligence and battle instincts for Luffy and Zoro with swordsmanship and leadership?
Emotional and physical intelligence are sadly very underrated and not really valued in our society.

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah this is what drove me to it initially. It always seemed unique both in tone and artstyle.
When I came across One Pieceover 10yrs ago it was on TV as part if an afternoon anime block that included Naruto, Yugioh and Pokemon I think. one piece became my favourite quickly because it looked like fun and games but seemed to havesome 'deeper' hidden aspect to it. I couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was but back then I only watched until skypiea which is the arc where the whole world spanning plot really starts. Before it seemed to be just a story about pirates going on an adventure.
Naruto on, the other hand always seemed to take itself so serieoulsy (well the butchered version that Germans got to see... idk about the uncensored version).
Exactly! The unique tone and art style really made it stand out, the anime had such a unique mood/vibe in regards to this too pre TS!

Oh man yeah, I used to watch it on TV blocks like that, those were the days! 4Kids/Jetix/Toonami and such? At leat for us in the UK and US? Exactly, it had that same vibe like classic comedians like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey had, where they could make you laugh so much, be so goofy, energetic, silly, wild and such but mask a deep sadness, nuance, complexity, seriousness and such!

Oh yeah Naruto was hardcore from the start, especially the Zabuza and Chuunin exam arcs! Student being violently/brutally killed was such an eye opener and game changer! I remember Sasuke breaking that one Sound ninja student's arms too! Like WTF?! Zabuza was hardcore too, along with Naruto stabbing his hand and releasing a lot of blood to remove poison and such. A STARK contrast from the 4Kids dubbed shows that were heavily censored to ofc! And much cheesier in voice acting, tone and such!

Lol
The quality definitely decreased over the years as Oda milked and streched the story to no end.
Nevertheless I think the ending and rereading the whole think after it's finished will be satisfying.
Yeah I definitely agree, post TS has been hugely inferior to pre TS. A thread someone posted on here recently about Oda abusing the "making us chase a carrot on a stick" was very profound in describing the exact issue with post TS OP. Especially this silhouette nonsense and stuff being left out like bounties, race (King's) and DF names to be revealed in SBS and Vivre Cards, that we were seeing in the manga from the beginning until recently.

I do agree it will be more satisfying on a re-read though and Toei is doing WONDERS for the arc in the anime too ofc! Idk how Wano is going to end but I really hope the ending is surprising as the editors claimed it would be. I'd love Wano to have a really unexpected end, similarly to how WCI wasn't a victory overall, more almost outright dying/being destroyed, complete despair and having to escape with their lives and having Jinbei and his crew hold off Big Mom and her family and crew to let the SHs escape too. How the fuck did Jinbei even get away from her without any major injuries/sacrifices too? Why is that being ignored especially with both Jinbei Big Mom in this arc as well?

What happens in ranma? I'veseen some scenes of Gintama on YouTube, what's the plot?
Ranma is a goofy, slice of life, hilarious, heavily romance focused, gender swapping and even "species" swapping battle Shonen. It's written by Rumiko Takahashi the creator of Inuyasha and thus a Shonen from a female perspective/shonen with plenty of the best kind of fanservice too! But it also has a lot of heart, as well as sillness and pervertdness! It doesn't take itself very seriously, it's very nonsensical like Gintama but it does get a lot more serious in the final arc of the manga though! I found it to be a really fun, funny and heartfelt series though, which made me cry by the end of the manga though.
I really found the characters to be likeable, lovable even and it's definitely a character focused series above anything else.

I gotta say there are some really endearing character moments in it especially for Ranma and Akane naturally. The characters are so bizarre and Oda-like too. There's also some dark implications/storylines here and there like why the cursed springs have their powers and the fact that Ranma and his father are setup for ritual/honour based suicide (seppuku or so) due to a mistake Genma (Ranma's father) and Ranma made with Ranm's mother or something? I can't remember the actual reasoning though....

Gintama is funnily enough like Rurouni Kenshin. I only saw 61 episodes, stopping right when the 1st serious arc begins ironically. Its mostly slice of life, nonsensical, satire, comedy and such BUT it has some really serious, emotional, heartfelt and massive character moments and arcs. I've heard a LOT of great things about it once you get far enough into it and it will make you cry here and there apparently. It's one of those shows that defines being much more tragic, serious, darker than it first appears, the wholy jolly facade hiding great tragedy and such.

Gintama does constantly reference other series, pop culture in general and other things and also breaks the 4th wall a LOT, its a lot like "Deadpool the Anime" in a way. I also described it to Rurouni Kenshin because both have former samurai trying to live a peaceful life and becoming pacifistic. Gintoki only fights with a wooden sword and Kenshin only used the back of his blade I believe? To avoid harming others?

It's hard to describe Gintama but it is very weird, unique, crazy and fun! It's kinda like Pop Team Epic if you know of it? Absurdist, humourous type series basically ! Very surreal! But it does tackle some heavy and serious themes from very early on, even in the "slice of life/filler episodes" and it has a gentle pacing except for the serious arcs as far as I know.

I need to continue the series one day, maybe rewatch the previous episodes too. I keep watching random clips from time to time and lamenting on what i'm missing out on. It has an immense amount of heart to it like One Piece and god knows I wish Sorachi and Oda would do an official crossover of Gintama and One Piece, the Wano arc is the PERFECT timing for it too!

Gintama does have some similar vibes to Rurouni Kenshin anyway, it does feel like its a parody of it even. I loved Rurouni Kenshin so Gintama really took what I loved about it and turned it on it's head but also gave me some familiar ground of what I love about RK too.

(Aw jeez, I was trying to avoid writing an essay ironically! It looked less when I was typing out! LMAO!)

:cantseeme::saden::nicagesmile::jinbewat:
Post automatically merged:

He's not teh firztt wan!!!!! ..

Yeah cunning was the word I was looking for.

They ultimately have different goals.BB established a pirate island and partly acquires his crew members in weird ways. See what happened to moriah/Absalom. BB is cruel for thesake of it is is literally insane.
Shanks cares aboutbalance and himself never had the ambition to form a country or any of the sort. He is some sort of diplomat but we'll have to see more of his interactions with the WG/Gorosei.

Emotional and physical intelligence are sadly very underrated and not really valued in our society.
Yeah that's it too thanks! Shanks is very diplomatic indeed!

:cheers:

Blackbeard is a massive opportunist who will truly stop at nothing to get anything he wants, the ultimate and most fearsone ambition, most indiscriminate even? Yeah Blackbeard is very sadistic, it's no wonder he has a crew like that and recruit such bloodthirsty, savage, sadistic people from Impel Down too! I still can't believe he made the level 6 prisoners have a battle royale and picked out the winners from all the opponents they slayed!

Blackbeard is like the ultimate "survival of the fittest/most cunning" pragmatist too! Completely true about Moria and Absalom, I am still shocked and upset about that and I truly fear for Perona since she's going after Moria, Moria might get killed and maybe her too, especially since they might want her DF and or Catarina will try to kill her for being so beautiful too?

:zehaha::perocry:

Yeah, Shanks seems much more like a power balancer, peacekeeper or something? I really can't wait until Oda finally focuses on him and we truly learn his psyche, ambitions and motivations!

:endthis:

Absolutely! I've really been lamenting the lack of emotional intelligence in our society these days, i've been getting really frustrated with people IRL and online in this regard too. It feels like it's getting worse as people get more addicted to technology and social media especially.

I hadn't heard about physical intelligence before to be honest but I looked it up and it's very true that a lot of people are ignoring that too these days! Letting their bodies and minds get ruined so much!

:kuzanope::gonope::mihugh::josad:

Last edited by a moderator:

BangOO๐Ÿ…

Pepebusi Spammer
โ€Ž
Oh I just realised you have tomato in your name too? LOL! Bango and Yamato, the Tomato twins?

:yasu::myman::ihaha:

Shanks' speech right in that moment, Roo suddenly shooting the bandit out of nowhere and the intense tone of that moment, especially with the sudden murder of that bandit, are so powerful, especially in such a lighthearted series.

:steef: :finally:

:king::beckmoji: (Although ironically King was disarmed by Izo shooting his sword away easily LOL)

Still no sign of Vegapank despite Sanji getting getting this hype moment and a chapter for himself.

:choppawhat::josad:
Vegapank hiatus because he seeking for another Oda's draft :stealthblack:

Exactly! The unique tone and art style really made it stand out, the anime had such a unique mood/vibe in regards to this too pre TS!

Oh man yeah, I used to watch it on TV blocks like that, those were the days! 4Kids/Jetix/Toonami and such? At leat for us in the UK and US? Exactly, it had that same vibe like classic comedians like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey had, where they could make you laugh so much, be so goofy, energetic, silly, wild and such but mask a deep sadness, nuance, complexity, seriousness and such!

Oh yeah Naruto was hardcore from the start, especially the Zabuza and Chuunin exam arcs! Student being violently/brutally killed was such an eye opener and game changer! I remember Sasuke breaking that one Sound ninja student's arms too! Like WTF?! Zabuza was hardcore too, along with Naruto stabbing his hand and releasing a lot of blood to remove poison and such. A STARK contrast from the 4Kids dubbed shows that were heavily censored to ofc! And much cheesier in voice acting, tone and such!

Yeah I definitely agree, post TS has been hugely inferior to pre TS. A thread someone posted on here recently about Oda abusing the "making us chase a carrot on a stick" was very profound in describing the exact issue with post TS OP. Especially this silhouette nonsense and stuff being left out like bounties, race (King's) and DF names to be revealed in SBS and Vivre Cards, that we were seeing in the manga from the beginning until recently.

I do agree it will be more satisfying on a re-read though and Toei is doing WONDERS for the arc in the anime too ofc! Idk how Wano is going to end but I really hope the ending is surprising as the editors claimed it would be. I'd love Wano to have a really unexpected end, similarly to how WCI wasn't a victory overall, more almost outright dying/being destroyed, complete despair and having to escape with their lives and having Jinbei and his crew hold off Big Mom and her family and crew to let the SHs escape too. How the fuck did Jinbei even get away from her without any major injuries/sacrifices too? Why is that being ignored especially with both Jinbei Big Mom in this arc as well?

Ranma is a goofy, slice of life, hilarious, heavily romance focused, gender swapping and even "species" swapping battle Shonen. It's written by Rumiko Takahashi the creator of Inuyasha and thus a Shonen from a female perspective/shonen with plenty of the best kind of fanservice too! But it also has a lot of heart, as well as sillness and pervertdness! It doesn't take itself very seriously, it's very nonsensical like Gintama but it does get a lot more serious in the final arc of the manga though! I found it to be a really fun, funny and heartfelt series though, which made me cry by the end of the manga though.
I really found the characters to be likeable, lovable even and it's definitely a character focused series above anything else.

I gotta say there are some really endearing character moments in it especially for Ranma and Akane naturally. The characters are so bizarre and Oda-like too. There's also some dark implications/storylines here and there like why the cursed springs have their powers and the fact that Ranma and his father are setup for ritual/honour based suicide (seppuku or so) due to a mistake Genma (Ranma's father) and Ranma made with Ranm's mother or something? I can't remember the actual reasoning though....

Gintama is funnily enough like Rurouni Kenshin. I only saw 61 episodes, stopping right when the 1st serious arc begins ironically. Its mostly slice of life, nonsensical, satire, comedy and such BUT it has some really serious, emotional, heartfelt and massive character moments and arcs. I've heard a LOT of great things about it once you get far enough into it and it will make you cry here and there apparently. It's one of those shows that defines being much more tragic, serious, darker than it first appears, the wholy jolly facade hiding great tragedy and such.

Gintama does constantly reference other series, pop culture in general and other things and also breaks the 4th wall a LOT, its a lot like "Deadpool the Anime" in a way. I also described it to Rurouni Kenshin because both have former samurai trying to live a peaceful life and becoming pacifistic. Gintoki only fights with a wooden sword and Kenshin only used the back of his blade I believe? To avoid harming others?

It's hard to describe Gintama but it is very weird, unique, crazy and fun! It's kinda like Pop Team Epic if you know of it? Absurdist, humourous type series basically ! Very surreal! But it does tackle some heavy and serious themes from very early on, even in the "slice of life/filler episodes" and it has a gentle pacing except for the serious arcs as far as I know.

I need to continue the series one day, maybe rewatch the previous episodes too. I keep watching random clips from time to time and lamenting on what i'm missing out on. It has an immense amount of heart to it like One Piece and god knows I wish Sorachi and Oda would do an official crossover of Gintama and One Piece, the Wano arc is the PERFECT timing for it too!

Gintama does have some similar vibes to Rurouni Kenshin anyway, it does feel like its a parody of it even. I loved Rurouni Kenshin so Gintama really took what I loved about it and turned it on it's head but also gave me some familiar ground of what I love about RK too.

(Aw jeez, I was trying to avoid writing an essay ironically! It looked less when I was typing out! LMAO!)

:cantseeme::saden::nicagesmile::jinbewat:
Post automatically merged:

Yeah that's it too thanks! Shanks is very diplomatic indeed!

:cheers:

Blackbeard is a massive opportunist who will truly stop at nothing to get anything he wants, the ultimate and most fearsone ambition, most indiscriminate even? Yeah Blackbeard is very sadistic, it's no wonder he has a crew like that and recruit such bloodthirsty, savage, sadistic people from Impel Down too! I still can't believe he made the level 6 prisoners have a battle royale and picked out the winners from all the opponents they slayed!

Blackbeard is like the ultimate "survival of the fittest/most cunning" pragmatist too! Completely true about Moria and Absalom, I am still shocked and upset about that and I truly fear for Perona since she's going after Moria, Moria might get killed and maybe her too, especially since they might want her DF and or Catarina will try to kill her for being so beautiful too?

:zehaha::perocry:

Yeah, Shanks seems much more like a power balancer, peacekeeper or something? I really can't wait until Oda finally focuses on him and we truly learn his psyche, ambitions and motivations!

:endthis:

Absolutely! I've really been lamenting the lack of emotional intelligence in our society these days, i've been getting really frustrated with people IRL and online in this regard too. It feels like it's getting worse as people get more addicted to technology and social media especially.

I hadn't heard about physical intelligence before to be honest but I looked it up and it's very true that a lot of people are ignoring that too these days! Letting their bodies and minds get ruined so much!

:kuzanope::gonope::mihugh::josad:
Whoa how long did that take you?
That's a Cinera (rip) level essay:myman::funky:

Status
Not open for further replies.