Status
Not open for further replies.
yamato wants to understand what oden felt, obviously her character arc should develop outside wano kuni. personally i don’t mind if she joins or not, but she must leave
Again I have no problem with her joining or not joining, all I'm saying is that there is something objectively missing from Yamatos character that can make her feel like a legitimate strawhat and that is a proper dream that can tie in to the end of the series with a proper moment of realizing said dream, which every other strawhat will have. Her character arc can be had post Wano, though I highly doubt Oda is going to give the strawhats (especially one that just joined) that much attention or care.

Yamato's dream is the One Piece journey though, Oden was Yamato's idol and the peak of his adventure was all the discoveries they made in Laugh Tale and that's missing from the log book.
Yamato has never once uttered any statement saying that her dream is the One piece Journey itself and if that is her dream then Oda should have made it crystal clear and explicit as he did with the other strawhats. Plus it would seem pretty dry if her dream is just finding the One piece which really is a goal of every strawhat, even if it is secondary it's definitely a goal of theirs, would also seem like a watered down version of Luffys goal. But I don't mind if Oda has her proclaim it, which should happen before she joins not after.

Status
Not open for further replies.