Status
Not open for further replies.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Oh its coming soon
Don't have high hopes because of Netflix
:whitepress:
I think there's a chance since I sense real passion behind the creators behind it this time around
Also there hasn't really been any articles surrounding drama about production like there was for Cowboy Bebop
As well as how, as least from what I seen through trailers and general reactions, they did a good adaption of that Sandman comic to the point I actually might watch it.

Though of course it is shitflix who has been kinda dropping the ball lately on things so that first trailer will definitely make or break the series imo.
Post automatically merged:

:pepeshy:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
No, I am very very afraid :phoenixmarco:
This will be so shit.

No anime tv series delivered up to this point.

The thing I wonder about the most is how they are going to showcase Luffy's abilities.

Netflix has $ but they are not Hollywood.

It might be terrible af.
Luffy will be the big hurdle IMO with his stretching
I think if they can at least make that look decent then the rest should shake out ok
I've been anticipating that first trailer for a good while now cause I do want this to be good

Seven7

E̶l̶b̶a̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ Eustass 2024✅
I think there's a chance since I sense real passion behind the creators behind it this time around
Also there hasn't really been any articles surrounding drama about production like there was for Cowboy Bebop
As well as how, as least from what I seen through trailers and general reactions, they did a good adaption of that Sandman comic to the point I actually might watch it.

Though of course it is shitflix who has been kinda dropping the ball lately on things so that first trailer will definitely make or break the series imo.
Post automatically merged:

:pepeshy:
Sigh wish I was that optimistic when the Cowboy bebop news broke.

It still hurts knowing how bad they screwed it up.
:josad:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Nah, my point with Shanks is that he's not evil at all actually, just morally grey with his intentions for the new era (which Oda is teasing is top secret in the vol 4 Billion companion book). Oda is far too secretive and the character does too much weird shit (like having oddly menacing looks anytime Luffy or one piece is mentioned, or him meeting Gorosei) for him to be Luffy's "Dumbledore or Jirayia" imo.

Wouldn't be too worried about this. He's a "good" guy, but technically so is Mihawk, and he's still primed to be Zoro's final battle anyway (not saying Shanks will be, just saying an antagonist can't be ruled out).
He is neither good or evil. We talked about this few times if I recall.

I hope he is anti evil.

You know Luffy runs towards him all happy and all and get slashes by Shanks and then RHP will challenge SHP for the One Piece.

Luffy is still too childish for the goal he is seeking.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Sigh wish I was that optimistic when the Cowboy bebop news broke.

It still hurts knowing how bad they screwed it up.
:josad:
Here's hoping this show doesn't get the same treatment of being canceled season 1...
:jay-he:

I BELIVE THAT WE WILL GET FINALLY SOMETHING GOOD FROM THE NETFLIX ADAPTATIONS THIS TIME
Like live-action Buggy
:joker:
I admire your optimism :catsweat: it’ll just be shit and they’ll embarrass OP
I think it will be a fun ride either way tbh
:yearight:

This is the best shot a OP live action is ever getting since it checks all the important boxes
-people passionate about the project
-budget seems good
-original author blessing and also involved in some way
-TV format instead of movie

I'm at the very least keeping an open mind and on my crazier hopium days I'm excited about it.

Bad case scenario it's no good and worst case scenario it's great but still cancelled, either way it doesn't impact the original work and it stings less since the manga is ongoing instead of a new live action trainwreck causing damage to the dormant series and forcing Toei to make One Piece Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.