Theory The Beauties of Nature - The Four Female Straw Hats Postulate

Hello, everyone!

Recently, I was musing about the Japanese concept of kachoufuugetsu (花鳥風月), a yojijukugo or four-character idiom referring to the beauties of nature. This term is used in a number of ways, such as the appreciation of nature, the use of nature as an aesthetic in art, and finding oneself by immersing oneself in nature. It's been in a number of anime and manga, but the one that brought it to my attention a few years back was a group of Spell Cards in Yugioh Arc-V, the Natural Energy Cards. The other night I remembered that I'd looked into it back when I was watching Arc-V, but I couldn't remember the entire idiom. I remembered ka (flower), fuu (wind), and getsu (moon), but I couldn't quite place the last kanji. Before remembering that kanji though, something clicked for me. The three kanji that I could remember somehow lined up with the three girls currently aboard the Thousand Sunny.

Flower? Robin's Flower-Flower Fruit.

Wind? Nami's Clima-Tact and natural affinity for reading the weather.

Moon? Though she isn't a Straw Hat, Carrot's Sulong form being activated by looking at the moon potentially qualifies her for this slot.

When I thought of this, I realized two things: one, this might be greater evidence that Carrot actually is intended to join the crew, as her presence brings them one step closer to completing this aesthetic. However, this could only be the case if the fourth kanji that I couldn't remember lined up, otherwise it would be meaningless.

As luck would have it, that fourth kanji, chou, did in fact carry exactly the meaning I had been hoping for: bird.

If you've been following my work, you already know what I'm going to say, so I won't beat around the bush. I immediately took this to mean that Monet as a literal bird-woman would be a shoe-in for the fourth female Straw Hat by this logic. However, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't look at all of the possible explanations, and this theory would be ludicrously short if I didn't at least try to debunk other options, so before we jump to conclusions, let's examine how else this could be spun.

The first thing you may notice is that Robin is herself named after a bird, so she could just as easily be our bird, but this presents two problems. First, there are many characters in One Piece named after birds. These include Nojiko (Japanese yellow bunting), the Square Sisters Kiwi and Mozu (bull-headed shrike), Kuina (rail), Tashigi (snipe) and Toki (crested ibis) to name a few. One could argue that this is evidence pointing towards Tashigi since she's such a popular choice, but because it's so common for Oda to name women after birds, I think we can safely ignore this since she doesn't really have any other thematic relation to birds.

Secondly, if we were to take Robin as the bird and ignore how heavily flowers feature in her theming, we would need to find a replacement flower. When I think of flowers in regards to female One Piece characters, I immediately arrive at Rebecca, whose character arc features sunflowers as a recurring symbol. However, I think we've well passed the point where she can be seen as a viable candidate, mostly because her entire arc was centered around getting her out of her life of violence. Her aunt Viola shares a name with a genus of flowers and was also briefly a popular choice, but much like the above bird examples the theme is in name only. Marguerite and the Kuja are almost all named after flowers, but aside from Marguerite's brief involvement with Luffy, she doesn't really do anything to stand out from the rest of the Kuja, nor does she have a greater flower theme than any of them. Tama's kimono has a flower pattern, but she herself doesn't have anything to do with flowers thematically.

The best alternative I can think of is Hiyori who, under the pseudonym Komurasaki, is named after a flowering species of beautyberry. Her outfit heavily features flowers both on her kimono and in her hair accessories...

...but it also features a peacock, and much more prominently. Her standard Hiyori outfit eschews the peacock and focuses much more on flowers...

...but this still doesn't really make her the flower candidate, especially when you consider her lineage. As a member of the Kozuki clan, Hiyori encompasses not only flowers in her themes, but also birds and the moon as per the Kozuki clan's name (光月, moonlight) and crest.

Robin having a bird name, a common enough trait among female characters, in conjunction with a heavy flower theme is simple enough to wave away, but Hiyori has three out of four of the beauties in her theming, none of which really standing out, so I think we can rule her out on all fronts.

As no one else fits the flower theme better than Robin, only having flower aesthetics or flower names, and Robin herself doesn't fit the bird theme any better than any other bird-named girl, I think we can accept her as the flower Straw Hat without worry.

Next, let's focus on the moon. Obviously Carrot isn't the only one who uses the moon to active the Sulong form, as many Minks have shown the ability, including Wanda.

Still, I don't think anyone could argue that Wanda has been nearly as important to the plot as Carrot has been. Some would argue that Carrot has never been important, but I think that conversation has been had enough in other contexts and isn't really germane to the topic at hand. All that really matters is that Carrot is the only female character I can think of that's both had a strong connection with the moon and has been close enough to the crew to be considered a viable candidate.

The only other female I can think of who might qualify for the moon slot might be Monet who has been subtly implied to have an interest in space, as evidenced by the space-themed books on her desk in multiple scenes.

However, aside from this, we haven't really gotten any indication that Monet has much of anything to do with the moon. If Carrot doesn't end up joining, we could feasibly see Monet acting as the crew's moon, but I think it goes without saying that she fits more strongly as the crew's bird.

So with that, Monet is definitely the bird, yes? No one else has such a strong bird theme, and we've established in the past all of the reasons we could expect Monet to join in the first place, so this just makes for a stronger argument, right?

As much as I'd love to end it at that, unfortunately there is another very strong possibility for a bird-themed woman on the crew: Nefertari Vivi

It's a fairly common theory that Vivi is going to rejoin the crew as an official member as opposed to her current status as an honorary Straw Hat, and if this theory holds true, her chances seem quite good. Not only is her main mode of transportation a duck...

...and her main weapon modeled after a peacock feather...

...but Oda has also stated that the animal that best represents Vivi is a dove, bringing Vivi's total bird associations up to three.

Because Monet is clearly more heavily associated with birds than she is with the moon, I think that Vivi being the bird representative would almost definitely disqualify Monet, especially since that would mean doubling up on birds. That said, I think that Vivi being an honorary Straw Hat still gives Monet an edge; Vivi's character arc is pretty much resolved, so while she could still come back into the plot and fight alongside the Straw Hats during a climactic battle, I don't think doing so would make another bird-themed character redundant to the crew's overall aesthetic.

In other words, there are two routes Oda could choose to go if this theory is correct:

1. Vivi, whether an honorary or official Straw Hat, represents birds in conjunction with Nami's wind and Robin's flowers, meaning that the three of them together imply that the fourth female Straw Hat will represent the moon. Because Carrot is currently the strongest candidate for next female crewmate based on her close ties with the group and involvement in the plot, we can take her Sulong form as evidence that she will be the moon crewmate.

2. Vivi, as an honorary Straw Hat, does not contribute to or conflict with the kachoufuugetsu theme of the female Straw Hats proper. With Carrot as the moon, the bird slot remains and would be given to Monet, who has been foreshadowed to return and potentially join the crew through many moments not covered in this theory.

As a diehard Monet fan, obviously I prefer the latter scenario, but I would be remiss not to acknowledge the possibility of the alternative. As things stand though, the two of them both have solid chances depending on how Oda chooses to advance the story. Even if we can't reach a definitive answer on which of the two he'll decide to go with right now, though, we can take this pattern as strong evidence in Carrot's favor for the moment. If we look at it from the perspective of Nami, Vivi and Robin representing wind, bird and flower, then Carrot will be the last female to join (lining up with the widely agreed upon MFMM and Straw Hat 13 Patterns). If we look at it from the perspective of Nami and Robin representing wind and flower, then Carrot's strong tie to the moon heavily imply that she'll be the next to join as the moon and leaving a slot for the bird (assuming that the aforementioned theories are incorrect).

From there, if Carrot does join, then I think we can reasonably assume that Vivi is either going to officially return to the crew or that Monet will be reintroduced into the story. If Carrot doesn't join, then I think this could all be chalked up to a happy accident (unless whoever joins in her place also somehow fits one of those aesthetics), but as it stands, it feels like it fits too well to be a coincidence.

The Japanese idiom for the beauty of nature, kachoufuugetsu, is made up of the kanji for flower, bird, wind and moon. Nami and Robin both seem to fit into this aesthetic as Nami controls and is associated with wind and Robin's Devil Fruit is flower-themed. Carrot has been traveling with and fighting alongside the crew for quite some time now, and her moon-activated Sulong form suggests that she would fulfill the role of representing the moon. If this holds true, a fourth female crewmate could reasonably be expected to join, bringing with her a bird theme. The two most likely candidates at the moment are Vivi, an honorary Straw Hat crewmate whose fighting style heavily revolves around a duck mount and a peacock-themed weapon, or Monet, a literal bird-woman and potential crewmate who has generated a lot of evidence that she may join despite her relatively short amount of screen time. If we assume that Vivi counts despite being honorary or that she'll rejoin later, then Carrot's chances of being the moon representative go up dramatically. If Carrot joins but we assume that Vivi doesn't count, then Monet's chances of returning go up.

As always, this theory is not inherently true just because things happen to have lined up so far. Characters who don't fit still definitely have just as much chance as they did before, like Tama who I've recently been making a stronger push for, Pudding who I still haven't quite ruled out, Tashigi who has always had supporters, and several others. Still, if Carrot joins but no other woman does, it would feel like quite the shame to stop at only three out of four that fit this theme so well, so unless someone joins over Carrot, I'm confident that we'll be seeing one of our favorite bird girls making a return in the near future.

Until next time,

-Tokiro Oumaga

Wow i'm amazed that you came up with such concept too

I myself found one too which is called setsugekka or setsugetsuka. It is a topic or theme or expression in japanese art
Setsu = snow, getsu = moon, ka = flower

I dont really have much evidence and maybe kinda reaching and forced but here it is :

Flower, obviously robin
Snow, well Im still expecting nami to have some snow abilities since she was learning about weather
Moon, anyone who join in this arc could easily be moon (carrot, yamato, tama, hiyori). Related to wano/kozuki or minks ~ moon

When is the next time :josad:
I generally try to post at least one theory a month if time allows, so barring unforeseen circumstances, later this month or sometime in April.

Don't hold me to that though, grad school, work and unfortunate life events have a tendency to keep me pretty busy.
Post automatically merged:

Wow i'm amazed that you came up with such concept too

I myself found one too which is called setsugekka or setsugetsuka. It is a topic or theme or expression in japanese art
Setsu = snow, getsu = moon, ka = flower

I dont really have much evidence and maybe kinda reaching and forced but here it is :

Flower, obviously robin
Snow, well Im still expecting nami to have some snow abilities since she was learning about weather
Moon, anyone who join in this arc could easily be moon (carrot, yamato, tama, hiyori). Related to wano/kozuki or minks ~ moon
May I ask what prompted you to make that connection? Like is setsugekka a particularly notable flower in Japanese culture, or related to a saying? If it's a popular symbol, I could definitely see it being the basis for some kind of pattern.

I generally try to post at least one theory a month if time allows, so barring unforeseen circumstances, later this month or sometime in April.

Don't hold me to that though, grad school, work and unfortunate life events have a tendency to keep me pretty busy.
Post automatically merged:

May I ask what prompted you to make that connection? Like is setsugekka a particularly notable flower in Japanese culture, or related to a saying? If it's a popular symbol, I could definitely see it being the basis for some kind of pattern.
I just found this japanese culture coincidentally. I just blind search "weather flower moon japanese" on google or something like that, then this setsugekka term show up. I searched that because i might get some kind of pattern in japanese perspective. I write moon because most of girl candidates this arc have this moon characteristics

It is some kind of theme in drawing I guess

I dont really has a strong basis on this hahaha. I've never told this anywhere but seeing you came up with japanese idiom to make a pattern about girl nakama like i did, make me want to express what I found too :D

I just found this japanese culture coincidentally. I just blind search "weather flower moon japanese" on google or something like that, then this setsugekka term show up. I searched that because i might get some kind of pattern in japanese perspective. I write moon because most of girl candidates this arc have this moon characteristics

It is some kind of theme in drawing I guess

I dont really has a strong basis on this hahaha. I've never told this anywhere but seeing you came up with japanese idiom to make a pattern about girl nakama like i did, make me want to express what I found too :D
Hm, perhaps the flower itself has a common symbolic meaning? If that meaning could be applied to a particular character, it might give some insight to their character arc. It might not necessarily indicate that they'll join the crew, but who knows?

Nooo monet need to be dead its a literally who character if she survived a nuke with ultra deadly poison who turns organic life into stone after being stabbed with rage and fury in the heart im going to riot death is getting too nerfed its dragon ball super all over again where everyone comes back to life with a free sundae reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hello, everyone!

Recently, I was musing about the Japanese concept of kachoufuugetsu (花鳥風月), a yojijukugo or four-character idiom referring to the beauties of nature. This term is used in a number of ways, such as the appreciation of nature, the use of nature as an aesthetic in art, and finding oneself by immersing oneself in nature. It's been in a number of anime and manga, but the one that brought it to my attention a few years back was a group of Spell Cards in Yugioh Arc-V, the Natural Energy Cards. The other night I remembered that I'd looked into it back when I was watching Arc-V, but I couldn't remember the entire idiom. I remembered ka (flower), fuu (wind), and getsu (moon), but I couldn't quite place the last kanji. Before remembering that kanji though, something clicked for me. The three kanji that I could remember somehow lined up with the three girls currently aboard the Thousand Sunny.

Flower? Robin's Flower-Flower Fruit.

Wind? Nami's Clima-Tact and natural affinity for reading the weather.

Moon? Though she isn't a Straw Hat, Carrot's Sulong form being activated by looking at the moon potentially qualifies her for this slot.

When I thought of this, I realized two things: one, this might be greater evidence that Carrot actually is intended to join the crew, as her presence brings them one step closer to completing this aesthetic. However, this could only be the case if the fourth kanji that I couldn't remember lined up, otherwise it would be meaningless.

As luck would have it, that fourth kanji, chou, did in fact carry exactly the meaning I had been hoping for: bird.

If you've been following my work, you already know what I'm going to say, so I won't beat around the bush. I immediately took this to mean that Monet as a literal bird-woman would be a shoe-in for the fourth female Straw Hat by this logic. However, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't look at all of the possible explanations, and this theory would be ludicrously short if I didn't at least try to debunk other options, so before we jump to conclusions, let's examine how else this could be spun.

The first thing you may notice is that Robin is herself named after a bird, so she could just as easily be our bird, but this presents two problems. First, there are many characters in One Piece named after birds. These include Nojiko (Japanese yellow bunting), the Square Sisters Kiwi and Mozu (bull-headed shrike), Kuina (rail), Tashigi (snipe) and Toki (crested ibis) to name a few. One could argue that this is evidence pointing towards Tashigi since she's such a popular choice, but because it's so common for Oda to name women after birds, I think we can safely ignore this since she doesn't really have any other thematic relation to birds.

Secondly, if we were to take Robin as the bird and ignore how heavily flowers feature in her theming, we would need to find a replacement flower. When I think of flowers in regards to female One Piece characters, I immediately arrive at Rebecca, whose character arc features sunflowers as a recurring symbol. However, I think we've well passed the point where she can be seen as a viable candidate, mostly because her entire arc was centered around getting her out of her life of violence. Her aunt Viola shares a name with a genus of flowers and was also briefly a popular choice, but much like the above bird examples the theme is in name only. Marguerite and the Kuja are almost all named after flowers, but aside from Marguerite's brief involvement with Luffy, she doesn't really do anything to stand out from the rest of the Kuja, nor does she have a greater flower theme than any of them. Tama's kimono has a flower pattern, but she herself doesn't have anything to do with flowers thematically.

The best alternative I can think of is Hiyori who, under the pseudonym Komurasaki, is named after a flowering species of beautyberry. Her outfit heavily features flowers both on her kimono and in her hair accessories...

...but it also features a peacock, and much more prominently. Her standard Hiyori outfit eschews the peacock and focuses much more on flowers...

...but this still doesn't really make her the flower candidate, especially when you consider her lineage. As a member of the Kozuki clan, Hiyori encompasses not only flowers in her themes, but also birds and the moon as per the Kozuki clan's name (光月, moonlight) and crest.

Robin having a bird name, a common enough trait among female characters, in conjunction with a heavy flower theme is simple enough to wave away, but Hiyori has three out of four of the beauties in her theming, none of which really standing out, so I think we can rule her out on all fronts.

As no one else fits the flower theme better than Robin, only having flower aesthetics or flower names, and Robin herself doesn't fit the bird theme any better than any other bird-named girl, I think we can accept her as the flower Straw Hat without worry.

Next, let's focus on the moon. Obviously Carrot isn't the only one who uses the moon to active the Sulong form, as many Minks have shown the ability, including Wanda.

Still, I don't think anyone could argue that Wanda has been nearly as important to the plot as Carrot has been. Some would argue that Carrot has never been important, but I think that conversation has been had enough in other contexts and isn't really germane to the topic at hand. All that really matters is that Carrot is the only female character I can think of that's both had a strong connection with the moon and has been close enough to the crew to be considered a viable candidate.

The only other female I can think of who might qualify for the moon slot might be Monet who has been subtly implied to have an interest in space, as evidenced by the space-themed books on her desk in multiple scenes.

However, aside from this, we haven't really gotten any indication that Monet has much of anything to do with the moon. If Carrot doesn't end up joining, we could feasibly see Monet acting as the crew's moon, but I think it goes without saying that she fits more strongly as the crew's bird.

So with that, Monet is definitely the bird, yes? No one else has such a strong bird theme, and we've established in the past all of the reasons we could expect Monet to join in the first place, so this just makes for a stronger argument, right?

As much as I'd love to end it at that, unfortunately there is another very strong possibility for a bird-themed woman on the crew: Nefertari Vivi

It's a fairly common theory that Vivi is going to rejoin the crew as an official member as opposed to her current status as an honorary Straw Hat, and if this theory holds true, her chances seem quite good. Not only is her main mode of transportation a duck...

...and her main weapon modeled after a peacock feather...

...but Oda has also stated that the animal that best represents Vivi is a dove, bringing Vivi's total bird associations up to three.

Because Monet is clearly more heavily associated with birds than she is with the moon, I think that Vivi being the bird representative would almost definitely disqualify Monet, especially since that would mean doubling up on birds. That said, I think that Vivi being an honorary Straw Hat still gives Monet an edge; Vivi's character arc is pretty much resolved, so while she could still come back into the plot and fight alongside the Straw Hats during a climactic battle, I don't think doing so would make another bird-themed character redundant to the crew's overall aesthetic.

In other words, there are two routes Oda could choose to go if this theory is correct:

1. Vivi, whether an honorary or official Straw Hat, represents birds in conjunction with Nami's wind and Robin's flowers, meaning that the three of them together imply that the fourth female Straw Hat will represent the moon. Because Carrot is currently the strongest candidate for next female crewmate based on her close ties with the group and involvement in the plot, we can take her Sulong form as evidence that she will be the moon crewmate.

2. Vivi, as an honorary Straw Hat, does not contribute to or conflict with the kachoufuugetsu theme of the female Straw Hats proper. With Carrot as the moon, the bird slot remains and would be given to Monet, who has been foreshadowed to return and potentially join the crew through many moments not covered in this theory.

As a diehard Monet fan, obviously I prefer the latter scenario, but I would be remiss not to acknowledge the possibility of the alternative. As things stand though, the two of them both have solid chances depending on how Oda chooses to advance the story. Even if we can't reach a definitive answer on which of the two he'll decide to go with right now, though, we can take this pattern as strong evidence in Carrot's favor for the moment. If we look at it from the perspective of Nami, Vivi and Robin representing wind, bird and flower, then Carrot will be the last female to join (lining up with the widely agreed upon MFMM and Straw Hat 13 Patterns). If we look at it from the perspective of Nami and Robin representing wind and flower, then Carrot's strong tie to the moon heavily imply that she'll be the next to join as the moon and leaving a slot for the bird (assuming that the aforementioned theories are incorrect).

From there, if Carrot does join, then I think we can reasonably assume that Vivi is either going to officially return to the crew or that Monet will be reintroduced into the story. If Carrot doesn't join, then I think this could all be chalked up to a happy accident (unless whoever joins in her place also somehow fits one of those aesthetics), but as it stands, it feels like it fits too well to be a coincidence.

The Japanese idiom for the beauty of nature, kachoufuugetsu, is made up of the kanji for flower, bird, wind and moon. Nami and Robin both seem to fit into this aesthetic as Nami controls and is associated with wind and Robin's Devil Fruit is flower-themed. Carrot has been traveling with and fighting alongside the crew for quite some time now, and her moon-activated Sulong form suggests that she would fulfill the role of representing the moon. If this holds true, a fourth female crewmate could reasonably be expected to join, bringing with her a bird theme. The two most likely candidates at the moment are Vivi, an honorary Straw Hat crewmate whose fighting style heavily revolves around a duck mount and a peacock-themed weapon, or Monet, a literal bird-woman and potential crewmate who has generated a lot of evidence that she may join despite her relatively short amount of screen time. If we assume that Vivi counts despite being honorary or that she'll rejoin later, then Carrot's chances of being the moon representative go up dramatically. If Carrot joins but we assume that Vivi doesn't count, then Monet's chances of returning go up.

As always, this theory is not inherently true just because things happen to have lined up so far. Characters who don't fit still definitely have just as much chance as they did before, like Tama who I've recently been making a stronger push for, Pudding who I still haven't quite ruled out, Tashigi who has always had supporters, and several others. Still, if Carrot joins but no other woman does, it would feel like quite the shame to stop at only three out of four that fit this theme so well, so unless someone joins over Carrot, I'm confident that we'll be seeing one of our favorite bird girls making a return in the near future.

Until next time,

-Tokiro Oumaga
Solid theory. Based on this Nami, Robin, Vivi, and Yamato make solid sense.

Im still iffy on Momo and Tama joining since they’re kids.

But Yamato could serve as proxy for the Kozuki crest, which also happens to be a Moon. And there’s not a shadow of doubt within my mind that Vivi is returning.

Solid theory. Based on this Nami, Robin, Vivi, and Yamato make solid sense.

Im still iffy on Momo and Tama joining since they’re kids.

But Yamato could serve as proxy for the Kozuki crest, which also happens to be a Moon. And there’s not a shadow of doubt within my mind that Vivi is returning.
I'm not at all against Yamato, but I don't think that he'd be one of the four beauties. For one, I am personally in the camp that views him as male based on how he refers to himself and how Kaido refers to him.

Secondly, if we ignore that and assume that Oda counts Yamato as a woman, I don't think that the Kozuki crest is a strong indicator for either the moon or bird slot, as I pointed out in my reasoning for Hiyori. If it were to count, then Yamato doesn't have any stronger claim to the slot than Hiyori does.

If anything, if Yamato were to join the crew, I think his identifying as male might be Oda's way of cheating the fanbase's expectations of the MFMM Pattern, sneaking in a female-bodied character in one of the remaining male slots.

But who knows, maybe Yamato will exhibit a strong moon theme in his fighting style. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that.

I'm looking forward to your next theory about Monet, hopefully when the Wano Arc is over, we'll see Luffy recruiting characters from the new world, we already got Jimbei and maybe Yamato, so I would like to see a Logia joining the crew and Monet definitely fits in the crew as a astrology and a lookout, that's a great role for Monet, so I'm looking forward to that. Really wish, we can reach out to Oda and tell him to bring Monet back in the series.

I spoke to some fans from last week to this week, here's what the fans opinion of what they think about Monet Return/Joining the Straw Hats.

First Fan opinion/or what He/She think: "Yes I really the character the character has a lot to offer and can't wait for her to show up"

Second fan opinion/or He/She thinks : "Monet in the Manga is studying some books about astrology and eclipse, so she is probably into some scientific stuff like Nami is a navigator and Robin is an archeologist. In her first appearance she is sitting like, Nami and Robin when they were first introduced. She will her past told in a future saga like it was for Nami and Robin"

Third Fan opinion/or He/She thinks: "Ofc I think she is dead Oda doesn't need to confirm that she got stabbed in the heart and caught a huge explosion she's dead"

I responded back and He/She said:

"doubt she is alive bcuz she even got into a huge explosion and her heart was stabbed"

I told him/her "what would you think if she was in the straw hats" He replied back with

"Actually yes I agree with you she is unique she is beautiful and she is smart she would've been an amazing member tbh I'm sad she died but if she somehow survives Id be so happy tbh".

Me and this person quite had a disagreement but we sorted it and he/she agreed with about Monet

Fourth fan opinion/or what he/she thinks: "Thanks and if I'm being honest you may be right that she survived since other characters have survived many other things and Monet was never said to dead or show her devil fruit spawn like that smiley"

I responded back, later on he/she responded back with

"Yeah she does have potential and her devil fruit is rare, if she survived she may com back in an arc that involves Vegapunk. I'll have faith too since her death hasn't be acknowledged by anyone or even the author Oda"

Six Fan opinion/or what they think: "well there is some vague evidence that she may be an astronomer, and the sunny happens to have an astronomy telescope in the training room where Zoro works out all the time. Also moons are very important in the one piece world. That being said if the story takes us to that favorite winter island that kaido has and she still doesn’t show up that’s when I’ll lose hope".

"He replied
I do believe she’s alive, when Oda does deaths he always has someone carry on there will Ace-Sabo Whitebeard-Marco and wb pirates Queen otohime- shirahoshi Fisher tiger- jinbei Corazon-Law Bellamere- Nami and nojiko Nico Olivia- Nico Robin And many more.

Who’s gonna carry on monets will when we don’t even know what drove her besides wanting doflamingo to be the pirate king"

I'm looking forward to your next theory about Monet, hopefully when the Wano Arc is over, we'll see Luffy recruiting characters from the new world, we already got Jimbei and maybe Yamato, so I would like to see a Logia joining the crew and Monet definitely fits in the crew as a astrology and a lookout, that's a great role for Monet, so I'm looking forward to that. Really wish, we can reach out to Oda and tell him to bring Monet back in the series.

I spoke to some fans from last week to this week, here's what the fans opinion of what they think about Monet Return/Joining the Straw Hats.

First Fan opinion/or what He/She think: "Yes I really the character the character has a lot to offer and can't wait for her to show up"

Second fan opinion/or He/She thinks : "Monet in the Manga is studying some books about astrology and eclipse, so she is probably into some scientific stuff like Nami is a navigator and Robin is an archeologist. In her first appearance she is sitting like, Nami and Robin when they were first introduced. She will her past told in a future saga like it was for Nami and Robin"

Third Fan opinion/or He/She thinks: "Ofc I think she is dead Oda doesn't need to confirm that she got stabbed in the heart and caught a huge explosion she's dead"

I responded back and He/She said:

"doubt she is alive bcuz she even got into a huge explosion and her heart was stabbed"

I told him/her "what would you think if she was in the straw hats" He replied back with

"Actually yes I agree with you she is unique she is beautiful and she is smart she would've been an amazing member tbh I'm sad she died but if she somehow survives Id be so happy tbh".

Me and this person quite had a disagreement but we sorted it and he/she agreed with about Monet

Fourth fan opinion/or what he/she thinks: "Thanks and if I'm being honest you may be right that she survived since other characters have survived many other things and Monet was never said to dead or show her devil fruit spawn like that smiley"

I responded back, later on he/she responded back with

"Yeah she does have potential and her devil fruit is rare, if she survived she may com back in an arc that involves Vegapunk. I'll have faith too since her death hasn't be acknowledged by anyone or even the author Oda"

Six Fan opinion/or what they think: "well there is some vague evidence that she may be an astronomer, and the sunny happens to have an astronomy telescope in the training room where Zoro works out all the time. Also moons are very important in the one piece world. That being said if the story takes us to that favorite winter island that kaido has and she still doesn’t show up that’s when I’ll lose hope".

"He replied
I do believe she’s alive, when Oda does deaths he always has someone carry on there will Ace-Sabo Whitebeard-Marco and wb pirates Queen otohime- shirahoshi Fisher tiger- jinbei Corazon-Law Bellamere- Nami and nojiko Nico Olivia- Nico Robin And many more.

Who’s gonna carry on monets will when we don’t even know what drove her besides wanting doflamingo to be the pirate king"
I'm always glad to hear that people enjoy Monet or believe in her. Does my heart good.

Sometimes at work, customers will bring One Piece up and I'll launch into a tangent about her. Most people either don't remember but get invested because of my passion, others already agree with me, and the rest are convinced when I pull up the picture of Caesar having missed her heart on my phone. Always fun.

As for future Monet theories, sadly I don't have any planned right now. This time I just happened to remember an esoteric piece of trivia that lined up perfectly, so fingers crossed that lightning will strike again soon.